Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WOWZAH! I GOT ACCEPTED!! Cisco Global Cybersecurity Scholarship!
:hurray: So, woke up and turned on my phone to find an email notification.
Didn't have time to take a look at it, so decided to read my email now. Confusedeeya:

Congratulations! You have been accepted into the Cisco Global Cybersecurity Scholarship. We're glad you have decided to take part in this life-changing opportunity to become a valued partner in protecting the internet from hackers and other criminals. We have filled the first two programs (cohorts) until the end of June 2017. You have been accepted into the Cybersecurity Program, but we don’t have the dates identified yet on when you will start your cohort. We will get back to you by Friday, January 6th with additional information. Please be patient and wait to hear from us at that time.

While you are waiting, check out general information on Cybersecurity on the Cisco Learning Network. We look forward to working with you to help expand your career opportunities. Our certifications are recognized throughout the IT world for their quality and depth. Thanks again for your interest in becoming part of an elite team.

Congratulations on your acceptance into the Cisco Global Cybersecurity Scholarship.

Learning@Cisco
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
That's exciting! I'm not familiar with the program. What exactly does this mean for your long term school goals?
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
WOW!!!! Congrats!!!
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]
Congrats! cheersmate
Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics
Remaining:  Waiting for credits to process

Exciting!! Congratulations!
bjcheung77 Wrote::hurray: So, woke up and turned on my phone to find an email notification.
Didn't have time to take a look at it, so decided to read my email now. Confusedeeya:

Congratulations! You have been accepted into the Cisco Global Cybersecurity Scholarship. We're glad you have decided to take part in this life-changing opportunity to become a valued partner in protecting the internet from hackers and other criminals. We have filled the first two programs (cohorts) until the end of June 2017. You have been accepted into the Cybersecurity Program, but we don’t have the dates identified yet on when you will start your cohort. We will get back to you by Friday, January 6th with additional information. Please be patient and wait to hear from us at that time.

While you are waiting, check out general information on Cybersecurity on the Cisco Learning Network. We look forward to working with you to help expand your career opportunities. Our certifications are recognized throughout the IT world for their quality and depth. Thanks again for your interest in becoming part of an elite team.

Congratulations on your acceptance into the Cisco Global Cybersecurity Scholarship.

Learning@Cisco

I'm jealous. Congratulations, keep us posted on how the program is.
Congrats! :hurray:

Quote:Scholarship Award Details

The self-paced e-learning path for this certification includes three courses and two exams, representing a significant monetary investment in your career:
  • "Introduction to Cybersecurity," a Cisco Networking Academy course
  • "Understanding Cisco Cybersecurity Fundamentals" (SECFND), first course in the CCNA Cyber Ops curriculum
  • "Implementing Cisco Cybersecurity Operations" (SECOPS), second course in the CCNA Cyber Ops curriculum
  • Two accompanying CCNA Cyber Ops exams (210-250 SECFND and 210-255 SECOPS)
  • Mentoring and coaching for all three of the above courses
  • Cisco will deliver the program in partnership with key Cisco Authorized Learning Partners, which will provide the mentoring and coaching.
  • The cost of all training, mentoring and coaching, and exam fees good toward completion of a CCNA Cyber Ops certification is included in the scholarship.

Source: https://mkto.cisco.com/Security-Scholarship.html
How exciting! Congratulations!
Congrats from me, too. This is major stuff, bjcheung! Maybe someone should call the Head Hacker(s) at Bureau 121, (North Korean Cyberwarfare office) and warn them that you will soon be on the case.
They should be scared...VERY scared. Smile https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bureau_121

J.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humans may be fueling global warming by breathing: new study LevelUP 9 601 02-21-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: MichaelGates
  Global Private Tutoring Alpha 1 462 11-01-2021, 02:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does Global name impact? NewatTESU 7 1,310 09-19-2021, 05:02 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Global warming, human-caused climate change! bjcheung77 12 1,657 07-21-2021, 09:27 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  Regent's and Galileo Global Education complete new partnership bjcheung77 0 719 10-16-2020, 06:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Purdue University Global: 2018 Article Exploring Purdue's Agreement with Kaplan PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 2 1,108 05-23-2019, 07:40 AM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  Cisco certs dewisant 2 1,113 05-05-2019, 04:09 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Are you quite tall? Would you like a $1,000 scholarship? Notgodot 7 1,147 02-09-2017, 09:53 PM
Last Post: Leedeedee
  Nigerian Teen gets accepted into all IVY League Schools soliloquy 32 3,430 04-08-2015, 01:37 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  My thesis topic was accepted! cookderosa 18 2,374 04-26-2014, 07:44 PM
Last Post: NAP