Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does TESC have a credit bank?
I haven't been able to find it on the site. Does anyone know if TESC offers a credit bank option like Excelsior does? It's basically a program where you pay about $750 at Excelsior and you just transfer all of your credits, CLEP, DSST, ECE, ACE transcripts etc to them and once you complete the degree req's they award you that degree. You can't take any courses for that payment, you can only transfer credits in.

It's a great program at EC but does TESC do it? I was wondering about doing that for a quick business degree from TESC. Any ideas? Thanks.
B.S. Liberal Studies Excelsior College
graduated Cum Laude
321 total SH of college credit
currently finishing B.S. in Mathematics at UTRGV en route to Masters in Mathematics
current goal: Pass 4 of the actuarial science exams and become an actuary
Retired Intelligence Officer (21 years, 6 combat tours to Iraq and Afghanistan)
hunger4god Wrote:I haven't been able to find it on the site. Does anyone know if TESC offers a credit bank option like Excelsior does? It's basically a program where you pay about $750 at Excelsior and you just transfer all of your credits, CLEP, DSST, ECE, ACE transcripts etc to them and once you complete the degree req's they award you that degree. You can't take any courses for that payment, you can only transfer credits in.

It's a great program at EC but does TESC do it? I was wondering about doing that for a quick business degree from TESC. Any ideas? Thanks.

$750:eek:

I thought it was $270 for the credit banking at excelsior. Correct me if I am wrong please.
D
I don't remember the actual cost. I was ballparking.
graduated Cum Laude
currently finishing B.S. in Mathematics at UTRGV en route to Masters in Mathematics
Hold up-
credit banking does NOT allow you to earn a degree. You're crossing 2 programs.

A credit bank (in my humble opinion) is a total waste of money. It does not elevate the need to eventually forward transcripts into a program that you will eventually apply to. In other words, it saves you neither time or money.

Even if TESC has your credits in the credit bank, you still need to apply ($) and enroll ($) in a degree program in order to graduate ($).

*say you have credits from 2 community colleges, DSST, and CLEP. So, you want to neatly put all of your credits onto one transcript (TESC credit bank). You pay the $20 to CLEP, $15 to DSST, and each community college and have all your credits officially placed in the bank ($). Fast forward- next year you decide to enroll at State University ABC. So, you forward your TESC credit bank transcript ($) and guess what? State University ABC is going to tell you to forward official sealed community college transcripts, DSST transcript, and CLEP transcript. The banking transcript isn't useful because the credits were evaluated by TESC. The university you apply to has the privilege to evaluate your credits, so they want official transcripts. TESC in essence, launders the credits, and therefore makes them unusable in that format.

So, what was the purpose of the credit bank?

I see a lot of people about talk credit banking, but I have only heard one person present a good reason that they were using it, and it was a very specific situation. I'd LOVE to hear a good reason to use the credit bank, but so far no one has posted one.
Thanks Jennifer. I guess I didn't understand the difference. Now that you put it that way it's not a good option. So here's my question. What is the best way for me to use my business credits to nail down another degree then?
graduated Cum Laude
Do you want a BA in business? I would just keep taking your classes and or tests let them amass and just apply to one of the Big 3 and get your degree.
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
Yeah that's basically the plan now. This would be in addition to the degree I just finished and the Master's I'm seeking in March.
graduated Cum Laude
What school are you thinking about getting your BA in business from?
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
hunger4god Wrote:Thanks Jennifer. I guess I didn't understand the difference. Now that you put it that way it's not a good option. So here's my question. What is the best way for me to use my business credits to nail down another degree then?
>>

Well, how many business credits do you have? From liberal arts to business is around 50 more credits (not 33) so it can be a lot more involved...but like alleycat said- just keep going until you get enough to go forward. The big 3 all have yearly fees, so it is best to apply once you get inside that finish line.
Are you thinking associate degree or bachelors, and do you really think you NEED it? Would an MBA serve you better? Andrew Jackson University is giving free tuition ($300 per semester in fees) for an accredited online MBA. (I walked away from 15 business credits that kept haunting me, so I know how it feels to not want any loose credits hanging around!)
LOL Ignore me!!

I see you are already planning on going to AJU! hilarious

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,913 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 5,616 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
Question Does anyone have a copy of a TESU Credit Bank transcript they'd be will to post? Kelly Green 2 2,115 08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Unofficial DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, etc dcan 43 27,171 08-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: elenlushk
  TESU - BSBA HR spreadsheet? UL AOS credit suggestions allvia 7 2,730 08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Jimmy999
  DSST credit on TESU Individual Learning Account (Credit Bank)? Kelly Green 6 2,044 08-11-2018, 01:11 PM
Last Post: jsd
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,743 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  Where can you find UL credit in STEM areas to test out of for credit miah 8 2,122 06-23-2018, 07:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Statistics credit transfer from study.com waterpaper 2 1,616 06-14-2018, 08:57 AM
Last Post: jsh1138
  COSC gen ed classes, from SL or credit by testing pluggingalong 10 2,640 05-14-2018, 02:00 PM
Last Post: randomatom