Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does TESU confirm receipt of Credly transcript?
Hi all,

I'm doing a BA in History and just completed the CSMlearn course earlier this week and sent the transcript over via Credly. I haven't used Credly before as most of my other outside stuff was done before the ACE migration to Credly or through Study.com, but I've read that you don't get any kind of confirmation that TESU receives your credly transcript. Can anyone verify if this is the case? In the past with study.com transcripts I'd get an email from transcripts at TESU that they received a transcript, so I'm not sure if this isn't sent out in the case of Credly transcripts or if I need to be more patient. I'm trying to apply before a graduation deadline in a couple of weeks but I don't want to if it turns out CSM doesn't fit where I need it to, so having some confirmation that they at least received the transcript would be helpful.
I've always recieved some sort of email, when sending Credly or any other transcript.

Edit to ask: "Have you already taken a course or TECEP yet?"
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

You can also check the "Transcripts Received" section at Online Student Services. It updates every time they receive a transcript.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
[-] The following 1 user Likes carrythenothing's post:
  • Arto
Once they receive the transcript, you can view it in online student services. 

You have until August 1st to complete a course and get the transcript reviewed and added to your degree plan in order to be on track to graduate in September.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(06-17-2022, 05:34 PM)carrythenothing Wrote: You can also check the "Transcripts Received" section at Online Student Services. It updates every time they receive a transcript.

I completely forgot about that section, it looks like it was received.

Which leads me to my second question, most of my ACE credits from CLEPs, etc are from pre-2020 when they switched to Credly, but they're already on my TESU academic evaluation. I'm assuming there shouldn't be any issues since that's the case, but could there be any potential confusion since my ACE transcript doesn't show those CLEPs? Essentially all that's on it is CSM learn since the other ACE credits were either study.com, sent directly from the website, or CLEPs done prior to 2020 and the changeover.
[-] The following 1 user Likes skw512e's post:
  • LevelUP
(06-17-2022, 05:43 PM)skw512e Wrote:
(06-17-2022, 05:34 PM)carrythenothing Wrote: You can also check the "Transcripts Received" section at Online Student Services. It updates every time they receive a transcript.

Which leads me to my second question, most of my ACE credits from CLEPs, etc are from pre-2020 when they switched to Credly, but they're already on my TESU academic evaluation. I'm assuming there shouldn't be any issues since that's the case, but could there be any potential confusion since my ACE transcript doesn't show those CLEPs? Essentially all that's on it is CSM learn since the other ACE credits were either study.com, sent directly from the website, or CLEPs done prior to 2020 and the changeover.

CLEPs didn't use ACE or the new Credly system.  You send your CLEP transcript directly from CLEP.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(06-17-2022, 05:48 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(06-17-2022, 05:43 PM)skw512e Wrote:

CLEPs didn't use ACE or the new Credly system.  You send your CLEP transcript directly from CLEP.

Gotcha, I assumed if you took a CLEP now since they are ACE recommended for credit that they would now show up on a Credly transcript.
(06-17-2022, 05:49 PM)skw512e Wrote:
(06-17-2022, 05:48 PM)LevelUP Wrote: CLEPs didn't use ACE or the new Credly system.  You send your CLEP transcript directly from CLEP.

Gotcha, I assumed if you took a CLEP now since they are ACE recommended for credit that they would now show up on a Credly transcript.

CLEP's have always been ACE-recommended, but have always sent their own transcripts.  I've never seen a school that would take a CLEP from the old ACE transcript.  Also, I think I tried at one time to add a CLEP or DSST to my old ACE transcript, and could not.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • LevelUP
@skw512e, You may want to provide us more details as there are other BA History options other than TESU.  Depending on your budget, commitments, energy, time, etc, another option would be UMPI for example.  You should follow the template and the addendum (last post) and provide us these basic details, it will help us by providing a clearer picture of your current situation. Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-17-2022, 11:33 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @skw512e, You may want to provide us more details as there are other BA History options other than TESU.  Depending on your budget, commitments, energy, time, etc, another option would be UMPI for example.  You should follow the template and the addendum (last post) and provide us these basic details, it will help us by providing a clearer picture of your current situation. Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
I should have been more specific, I’m almost done with the History BA at TESU. Capstone is in progress and the quantitative literacy slot is the only one left to be filled.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 12 631 57 minutes ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 147 1 hour ago
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,568 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 616 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 540 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 276 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,329 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 253 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 405 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 311 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az