Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dream Job Alert! Work From Home & Unlimied Vacation?!
Hey, just read this a few moments ago, a new post from this article from today... interesting read and a few companies I haven't heard of.

Can someone explain how the unlimited vacation time work? Haha, I know about the work from home perks, but the UVT is strange!

Link: https://www.gobankingrates.com/money/job...tion-time/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Vle045
The downside with "unlimited" vacation time policies is that there isn't a defined amount of vacation that's acceptable to utilize. Often, UVT policies work such that employees can take as much vacation as they want as long as the work gets done. Problem is, people who are too busy then can't take vacations at all!
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 3 users Like jch's post:
  • jsd, MNomadic, ss20ts
I work from home. It’s nice to be able to toss in a load of laundry in the middle of the day, take the dog for a late morning walk, sleep in a little later and take a shower before lunch. But I don’t know how unlimited vacation would work.

I also use TeamSnap and love it!
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vle045's post:
  • dewisant
My husband worked for a company for years, and they switched to unlimited vacation time for exempt employees quite a few years ago. They paid out accrued vacation on Dec 31 one year, and then going forward they no longer kept track of it. This takes a huge liability off your books, so it's a win for the company.

Now, my husband works in sales, and from home for the last 20 years while he wasn't traveling, so for him, it was an easy switch. I'm not certain how it went in every department and for every boss though. I'm sure there were some that were jerks about it, or had people take advantage of it...not sure how much training went into it, hopefully a lot.
-----------------------------
TeamSnap is the bomb!! Love, love, loved it when my kid played competitive soccer! Such a great app! My other kid plays sports, but none of the teams use it, and I hate it!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Everyone implements it differently, but most simply emphasize an emphasis on performance reviews and metrics to gauze one’s value add to the organization.

(07-17-2021, 08:06 PM)Vle045 Wrote: I work from home.  It’s nice to be able to toss in a load of laundry in the middle of the day, take the dog for a late morning walk, sleep in a little later and take a shower before lunch.  But I don’t know how unlimited vacation would work.  

I also use TeamSnap and love it!
I’m the opposite, while the flexibility of being able to have work from home days is invaluable, especially with little people, I find myself greatly preferring work in the office.  Personally just find it far more productive and greatly prefer in-person meetings.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What career move would you make? FAANG Contract or steady work mohelena02 21 2,134 02-08-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Advice needed, making time for uni work. Personherebb9 14 1,135 06-11-2023, 03:11 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Video of Airbnb Guest Refusing to Leave Woman's Home. The Drama Gets Real! LevelUP 4 1,903 06-23-2022, 01:18 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Windows 11 Home Upgrade - Pretty Good bjcheung77 3 881 03-06-2022, 06:05 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Great Resignation - Better Balance of Life & Work? bjcheung77 5 1,002 01-30-2022, 08:17 PM
Last Post: uncapentin
  @Home - Free Learning Resources bjcheung77 2 1,161 02-23-2021, 08:32 AM
  I need a vacation! <lol> bjcheung77 4 779 09-20-2020, 04:33 AM
  FREE (for now) Ashampoo Home Designer 5 bjcheung77 2 1,151 07-06-2020, 01:33 PM
Last Post: JWells247
  College degree required to work at a factory? sanantone 1 1,441 12-11-2019, 05:51 PM
Last Post: CatsDomino
Big Grin Promotion at work, thanks DegreeForum! jsd 11 2,715 12-08-2019, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Life_One