Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E-Army learning
Since there are a lot of fellow military members on this site, I was wondering if maybe some of you could help me with this question I have. The Army e-learning site has 28 classes that have been approved for ace college credit and was wondering if any of you have done them They are free and through a company called skill soft. Anyway, when you finish the class they e-mail your certificate to your atars and ako accounts so you can give to your school for credit. There are a lot of computer classes and programs probably to get you up to speed for a mcse or mcsa certification but there are also some business classes as well. There is a accounting class and a business finance class. I was wondering if i could do this accounting and finance class for credit through hawaii pacific uniersity (my school). Or I should say how can I find out if it would transfer for credit. As army classes and correspondence classes are, they are very easy and would be an excellent way to bang out an accounting and finance class in just a couple days. If anyone has any advice, any would be appreciated. Thanks
Jeremy
ACE evaluted E-learning courses? This is news to me! How do you know that they are in fact ACE evaluated in AKO??? I ask because I've completed several skillsoft courses in NKO (Navy E-learning) that were not included on my SMARTS transcript. Maybe this is something I can look into further.
Anne,
Next up: SPHR Exam again, missed it by 50 pts first attempt....:eek:
BS Liberal Arts - Excelsior College, MBA/HRM - Northcentral University

[SIZE="1"]Check a New Dreams & Goals Discussion Forum at http://www.getwettodayforum.com[/SIZE]
To good to be true I'm afraid:

https://www.navycollege.navy.mil/faqs.html

Relevant section says:

"b. Other Learning Experiences - military courses taken for which there are no matching ACE credit recommendations and the reason why.. You may see a number of NETg and SkillSoft courses in OLE. While NETg and SkillSoft courses are or have been available on Navy E-Learning and Navy Knowledge Online websites for servicemembers, ACE does not award credit until a proctored final exam has been completed."

So yes you can do them and recieve credit, if you setup and successfully pass the proctored exam. Still might be worth it, but its not an automatic thing.
[SIZE="1"]CLEP exams passed:
Management, Accounting, Marketing, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics

DSST exams passed:
Human Resources Management, Organizational Behavior, Statistics, Management Information Systems

Earned:
B.A. in Business Administration: Technology Management from Saint Leo University

M.S. in Leadership: Business Ethics from Duquesne University [/SIZE]
Bummer! Oh well, on to the next exam Smile .
Anne,

[SIZE="1"]Check a New Dreams & Goals Discussion Forum at http://www.getwettodayforum.com[/SIZE]
I wouldn't discount them too quickly, a proctored exam is easily set up through your Education Office and all it will cost is your time. If you've passed them online, as I have done many times with Skillsoft, why not give it a shot? The worse thing they can say is no, the best is you can knock out a bunch of lower level credits for info you already know. Just my 2 cents. Lee
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
actually, on the earmyed there is a list of the skillsoft courses and yes although many of them look worthless, they have a section on the army site that says that 12 of them were for college credit by aces. It doesnt say anything about proctored exam and when I asked my school they said it might transfer for accounting 1 and 2!!! Ill let you know what happens.
It's worth the effort to check on any math courses too Smile.
Anne,

There are 28 skillsoft classes approved by ace. You can go to their webpage, acenet.edu and they are listed under organizations-united states army. I just took a finance, bus communications, and accounting class. The first two are worth 1 semester hour and the accounting is worth 2 semester hours. I turned the transcript into the school and since the number of credits dont match up they just took electives from the same or cognate area and added them to the classes. I ended up getting a buss communications, business finance, and accounting 2000 out of the way. They only catch is I had to take the final in a proctored environment-for example-I had my co look at the grade when i was done and he signed my sheet, then I turned the scores in. It was so easy and the classes can be done in about a day.
jeremy
Great feedback! I'm sure this could help out many of our military members should they choose to follow your lead. This may be the next best thing since FEMA credits. Keep up the good work. Lee
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Army Tuition Aid Stalled Alpha 0 1,176 06-13-2021, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Alpha
  GI Bill for independent and distance learning options BBryant165 1 1,317 08-20-2020, 12:23 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Interview Request!!! Need Expert on Accelerated Distance Learning for Veterans CWESH 7 2,732 04-24-2017, 04:07 PM
Last Post: deanp731
  Army MLT - ASAST or BSAST at TESU? MLTtoMLS 11 4,482 01-20-2017, 10:19 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Army chaplain creditmonsoon 1 1,616 06-04-2016, 06:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Army Guard Officers tsimmns 2 1,307 12-31-2015, 10:51 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Army Staff and Management College heinleineken 1 1,722 05-21-2015, 07:11 AM
Last Post: Prloko
  Changes to Army TA defscarlett 2 1,243 02-04-2014, 02:18 PM
Last Post: perriquit
  Military Degree Completion at TESC (TA - Go Army Ed - Fees questions) Riley2012 3 1,145 09-16-2012, 09:55 PM
Last Post: dthom
  Army Aviation Warrant Officer transfer credits? gshelley61 9 6,818 10-03-2011, 08:50 PM
Last Post: gshelley61