Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EC Dantes Grades
Does anyone know if EC still give a letter Grade for Dantes Exams?

Thanks
Mapalo
Yes they do.
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
I would have to disagree and say no. I took Dantes MIS and the new substance abuse and they were both pass on my EC transcript. With the bad week I have had, I sure wish those two were graded. Intro to business is just listed as pass also.
There is a list floating around here somewhere of the new 2008 exams. Those exams don't appear to be getting a letter grade at EC. The older exams still do.
Joe

Excelsior BSB Aug 21, 2009
Here is the list of exams that are being beta testing. These exams are now being given credited as a pass instead of a letter grade. Everything else still gets graded.

Criminal Justice
Ethics in America
Fundamentals of College Algebra
Here’s to Your Health
Introduction to Computing
Introduction to World Religions
Management Information Systems
Personal Finance
Principles of Statistics
Substance Abuse (formerly Drug & Alcohol Abuse)
EXCELSIOR COLLEGE
BS-LS: AoF Admin/Mgmt Studies
0 to BS in under 9 months

EXCELSIOR CLASSES (7 Credits)
College Math (A) Eng Comp (B) Info Lit (P)

CLEP (42 Credits)
A&I Lit-6CH (71) SS&H-6CH (66) Humanities-6CH (65) Mgmt (66) Marketing (66) HG&Dev (61) Info Sys&Comp App (60) Sociology (60) Psych (59) Business Law (55) Am Gov't (50)

DSST (57 Credits)
Found of Ed (67-A) Fund of Counseling (67-A) Intro to Business (65-A) Civil War & Recon (62-A) Tech Writing (59-A) Intro Law Enforcement (59-A) Principles of Supervision (58-A) Org Behavior (57-A) Environ&Humanity (53-B) Anthropology (52-B) Astronomy (52-B) World Religions (450) Substance Abuse (450) Ethics in America (447) HTYH (433) Intro to Comp (432) Personal Finance (422) Criminal Justice (409) Mgmt Info Sys (409)

ECE (21 Credits)
HR Mgmt (A) Cultural Diversity © Ethics © Organizational Behavior (B) Found of Gerontology © Psych of A&A © Social Psych ©

Up Next:
MPA @ AMU stating Sept 09
Thank you all for your answers I bet there is a bit of confusing in regards to ntes Grading at EC including the advisors too. I received this email from one of the Senior advisors about the grading and I qoute in parts:

"DANTES exams are awarded letter grades. To see what you need to obtain an A, B or C, please download the Student Guide to Credit by Examination from our publications page. I hope that this message has cleared up any confusion.

Sincerely,

Jodi Bernstein
Senior Academic Advisor

I guess I will have to call them back on Monday and Clarify. I am crossing my fingers for letter grades. I just found out today that I need to take two more upper levels Civil War and Reconstruction and Substance abuse

Thanks
Mapalo
Quote:"DANTES exams are awarded letter grades. To see what you need to obtain an A, B or C, please download the Student Guide to Credit by Examination from our publications page. I hope that this message has cleared up any confusion."
Unless Excelsior has newer information, it most likely is old data. The new exams don't have A/B/C grade cut scores yet, just B & C according to Prometric's DSST "2008 Technical Data Sheet":
http://www.getcollegecredit.com/download...s_2008.pdf

It sounds silly, but you may be able to request a B instead of a pass, but that's hardly useful, as it can only get your GPA close to 3.0 if it's lower, or pull it down if it's higher.

What I find even more annoying is how Collegeboard never got around fixing letter grades for CLEP exams, whatever the reason may be. If one can manage to set a pass cut score then there's no reason why you can't set the scores for B and A.
Excelsior BSB - MIS concentration (119 credits in the bank)
mapalo, in my haste, I forgot to read your post in its entirety (you know how it is these days, no one even sees the "Sincerely" or "Regards" line).

Civil War & Reconstruction is still ok but not Substance Abuse, if the data is correct. Let's hope for something better on Monday.
Excelsior BSB - MIS concentration (119 credits in the bank)
Thank you all for the information. I will let you know what EC tell me tomorrow

Mapalo
The new DANTES exams (scored with 3 digits) will be given pass or fail. The older exams (scored with 2 digits) will be given a letter grade. See EC's response to me below:

"Good afternoon. Thank you for your message.

Based on the new DANTES scoring system, certain exam scores will be recorded as pass or fail. The following are DANTES exams that follow that scoring criteria:

Criminal Justice
Ethics in America
Fundamentals of College Algebra
Here's to Your Health
Introduction to Computing
Introduction to World Religions
Management Information Systems
Personal Finance
Principles of Statistics
Substance Abuse (formerly known as Drug & Alcohol Abuse)

The idea is to switch additional exams to this scoring system (pass/fail), but the above exams are the only exams to currently fall under the pass/fail system.

I hope that this helps.

Have a good day.

Sincerely,

Carmen Pizzuto
Admissions Counselor"

Helen
Excelsior BS Business - summa cum laude
Conferral Date: August 20, 2010
74 credits from classes
48 credits from testing out

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does TESU mail grades? fingerscrossedx2 6 1,589 05-27-2018, 09:00 PM
Last Post: fingerscrossedx2
  Anyone take LIB 495 September term and still waiting on grades? cali86 6 1,329 12-05-2017, 02:57 PM
Last Post: rlw74
  TECEP Grades Synicaal 7 2,209 06-13-2017, 10:54 PM
Last Post: bghill
  Transfering credit from SL or Study.com to TESU. Do grades transfer too? Vin 12 3,483 05-13-2017, 12:22 PM
Last Post: Vin
  Finding TECEP grades pandas4eva 7 1,748 02-21-2017, 04:08 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TECEP Grades in myEdison cbosdell 5 957 06-25-2016, 08:43 PM
Last Post: cbosdell
  Does Charter Oak give grades for Straighterline or just Pass/Fail? larryp 7 1,331 10-11-2015, 10:08 PM
Last Post: CoachJohn
  COSC Transcript and APs/Saylor Grades NonTrad 5 676 10-02-2015, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Devanna
  Straighterline Credits with Grades jmgst71 7 2,720 05-31-2015, 11:03 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Does Excelsior College give Letter Grades for ALEKS, Straighter Line, or Saylor? Toastmaster 4 845 03-12-2015, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Toastmaster