Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EC Ethics Requirement
I recently registered for a degree from EC and was looking at the best way to complete my ethics requirement. Would the Sophia class, Intro to Ethics, cover this requirement? And if it does, should I take the Sophia course or the DSST ethics exam? Thank you for the help.
From the Sophia website:

https://excelsior.sophia.org/#courses

Looks like it comes in as a gen ed. You can always call EC and ask.
(06-11-2020, 10:24 PM)ss20ts Wrote: From the Sophia website:

https://excelsior.sophia.org/#courses

Looks like it comes in as a gen ed. You can always call EC and ask.

The information of the link is a little general.

For BSBA at EC for example:

https://www.excelsior.edu/program/bachel...-business/

Ethics course is under the Sub-Category "Humanities" that is under the category "General Education and Additional Requeriments"

Gen. Ed. -> Humanities -> Ethics

In the other hand, at the bottom of Gen. Ed. requeriments you have the sub-category "Free electives"

So the question is: it is Sophia Intro to Ethics courses a course that fit with EC Ethics request, or it fit as a Gen. Ed. free elective??
BSBA: 70% completed (84 credits of 120)
Yes, Sophia's Ethics course should work just fine. Ethics IS a gen ed, so that list is not that helpful to see exactly where it fits in the GE area. But since Sophia is free, I'd take it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • cecilgambe7, literalkev
Sophia's Ethics course came in as "Humanities - Philosophy" for me. But my EC degree plan doesn't have an Ethics requirement.
I have a new question related to this issue now...

Did Sophia Ethics counts as "Business Ethics" course for EC BS in Business??
(06-13-2020, 08:52 AM)cecilgambe7 Wrote: I have a new question related to this issue now...

Did Sophia Ethics counts as "Business Ethics" course for EC BS in Business??

No it doesn't.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • cecilgambe7
I took Ethics thru Sophia & it fulfilled the requirement for Ethics. I'm a BSLA major.
Completed:
Pierpont Community & Technical College | BOG A.A.S. | AOE: Communication [Graduated 12/08/23]
111 college credits as of January 2024 [40 credits completed @ 4-yr college; 71 credits from CLEP, Coopersmith, InstantCert, Lawshelf, Sophia, & TEEX]

In progress: 
UMPI Bachelor of Liberal Studies [Management minor]
Sophia: Human Biology Lab, French I & Business Communication

[-] The following 1 user Likes Michelle779's post:
  • cecilgambe7
I'm working on my BPS in Business from EC and need that business ethics course. Was hoping the freebie from Sophia would count. I'll take it anyway. I mean it's free. Worst case scenario is I was some time but it should make taking a business version of it a piece of cake.
(06-29-2020, 07:27 PM)ss20ts Wrote: I'm working on my BPS in Business from EC and need that business ethics course. Was hoping the freebie from Sophia would count. I'll take it anyway. I mean it's free. Worst case scenario is I was some time but it should make taking a business version of it a piece of cake.

Based on EC catalog, BPS BA has as Specific Degree Requeriment BUS 323 Business Ethics

So, i think Sophia Ethics will not count.

If you have time, take the free course anyway... it will count as free elective.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior Admissions: Clep/Exam Timing & Campus Requirement for International Student shoron 2 714 01-25-2023, 04:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  SDC computer courses UL requirement? homeschoolmom1 7 1,276 06-09-2022, 09:59 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Aleks Excelsior math requirement Kelsadee 7 2,482 05-31-2022, 11:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Ethics and English mrskitty 11 2,275 07-18-2021, 04:07 PM
Last Post: mrskitty
  Excelsior written english requirement glgamerica 2 1,566 09-12-2019, 12:20 AM
Last Post: glgamerica
  Question about EC Info Lit Requirement dfrecore 3 1,191 04-03-2019, 06:15 PM
Last Post: sanantone