Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EC and FEMA credit
I see there are 40+ potential FEMA 1 credit classes. Does anyone have experience with EC regarding transfer credit from say.. Clakamus Community College for all of the available FEMA credit classes?
I'm interested to know if EC would accept all assuming you needed that many free electives.
Thanks
Anybody know?
Bachelor of Music degree TESU (September 19, 2016)

Lower-level music and performance and applied music courses:
A.A. English San Jacinto Jr. College
University of North Texas

Business Ethics:
StraighterLine

Upper level music courses:
Fort Hays State University
University of Texas at the Permian Basin
Berklee College of Music
Thomas Edison State University
Please use the search feature of this forum. The FEMA questions are covered/answered in MANY threads here.
[COLOR="Blue"]Excelsior College
102 credits complete
20 UL Credits to go (7 tests)
BS Liberal Studies
Area of Focus:Computer Information Science
[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]Next test:
Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union (August 6th)[/COLOR]

You could take 25 DSST tests or 27 CLEP tests for the price of 1 UoP class.
As I was searching the database for information about Fema Courses and how the Big 3 receive their credits, I came across this post from back yonder. (If you'll notice, the post is dated: 04-15-2008 04:53 PM). Also, if you'll notice, the poster is some one other than myself.

You see, in all my searching, I haven't found how many--or which credits they'll receive. I have found, though, that they won't receive them anymore straight from TESC's transcript, that to go through Clackamas--it's cheap--and not FCC, that TESC will receive them raw, That TESC will allow 25 credits in (27?), ....and more.

But I didn't find the answer to findlaye's question above--how many Fema credits EC will receive, and which ones.

I'm still searching, though, for this answer. I come home every day from work and devour this discussion board.

Thanks for everyone's help. You are a lifeline.
Bachelor of Music degree TESU (September 19, 2016)

Lower-level music and performance and applied music courses:
A.A. English San Jacinto Jr. College
University of North Texas

Business Ethics:
StraighterLine

Upper level music courses:
Fort Hays State University
University of Texas at the Permian Basin
Berklee College of Music
Thomas Edison State University
The word I got from Excelsior when I asked them if they will accept the Fema credits from Clackamas as well as from FCC ( Frederick Community College) was yes we will accept them from FCC and no mention abt Clackamas...doesn't look good for the transfer of Fema credits using the Clackamas option...Sad
I email Excelsior regarding FEMA courses transfered to Clackamas, emailing them all the information from CCC, and here is their reply:

We do accept FEMA courses as long as they are on either a Clackamas CC or Frederick CC transcript. I am providing the link for Frederick in case you want to compare programs.

http://www.frederick.edu/download/progra...msInfo.pdf

Jodi Bernstein
Liberal Arts Advising Team

It's funny however to see that they included FCC's web site with the reply, it's obvious that CCC is the better deal. Well, maybe they do get some kind of kick back from them, because it looks like they're trying to promote them instead.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,892 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 5,536 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
Question Does anyone have a copy of a TESU Credit Bank transcript they'd be will to post? Kelly Green 2 2,099 08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Unofficial DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, etc dcan 43 27,078 08-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: elenlushk
  TESU - BSBA HR spreadsheet? UL AOS credit suggestions allvia 7 2,706 08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Jimmy999
  DSST credit on TESU Individual Learning Account (Credit Bank)? Kelly Green 6 2,027 08-11-2018, 01:11 PM
Last Post: jsd
  EC now accepting FEMA credits Exfactor 6 2,821 06-29-2018, 10:32 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Where can you find UL credit in STEM areas to test out of for credit miah 8 2,113 06-23-2018, 07:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Statistics credit transfer from study.com waterpaper 2 1,608 06-14-2018, 08:57 AM
Last Post: jsh1138
  COSC gen ed classes, from SL or credit by testing pluggingalong 10 2,623 05-14-2018, 02:00 PM
Last Post: randomatom