Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ENEB - exams
Hi! Having undertaken the MBA and big data on a whim, I find my time squeezes with work etc. has anyone taken the exam route instead of assignments?
I didn't even know exams were an option
I just sat my exam for big data yesterday and passed. It's not too difficult but not easy either. Some questions are badly worded ( or completely illogical) and I would have preferred if there were no NLP questions.

I finished it quite quickly
[-] The following 1 user Likes aimz's post:
  • jb111
Is it certain programs that give the exam option? I seem to recall the MBA as being all written.
All of the Masters, including the MBA have that option for exams... Strange, my email mentioned the earliest I can get my exams would be April! (6 months after my purchase). That's the second time I typed this, I wonder why people can get theirs done earlier, hmm, I should email them why there are discrepancies...

@aimz, questions... If I recall correctly, I know there is no proctoring involved, but how much time do you get to complete the 50 questions? Is there a browser lock down so that we can't open our course content to review the provided materials? Did you do anything else besides the Big Data?
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • jb111
(11-21-2023, 01:08 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: All of the Masters, including the MBA have that option for exams... Strange, my email mentioned the earliest I can get my exams would be April! (6 months after my purchase). That's the second time I typed this, I wonder why people can get theirs done earlier, hmm, I should email them why there are discrepancies...

@aimz, questions... If I recall correctly, I know there is no proctoring involved, but how much time do you get to complete the 50 questions?  Is there a browser lock down so that we can't open our course content to review the provided materials?  Did you do anything else besides the Big Data?

They give 2 hours but I finished in just over an hour.

There is no lockdown of browser. It's very much as open book as you would like it to be.

I also have an MBA with them but I am deciding to do that via the conventional method of papers and assignments.
(11-21-2023, 11:00 AM)aimz Wrote: I just sat my exam for big data yesterday and passed. It's not too difficult but not easy either. Some questions are badly worded ( or completely illogical) and I would have preferred if there were no NLP questions.

Natural Language Processing is an important aspect of big data though. The further you dive into data science in general, NLP and CV become pretty important.

My team at Duke Fuqua actually built a model using sentiment analysis, dominant topics, emotion classes, etc. for identifying spam emails. We won 1st place in the cohort for our project. Truly an interesting topic.
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
At ENEB, NLP is the pseudoscientific Neuro Linguistic Programming.
(11-21-2023, 01:08 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: All of the Masters, including the MBA have that option for exams... Strange, my email mentioned the earliest I can get my exams would be April! (6 months after my purchase). That's the second time I typed this, I wonder why people can get theirs done earlier, hmm, I should email them why there are discrepancies...

@aimz, questions... If I recall correctly, I know there is no proctoring involved, but how much time do you get to complete the 50 questions?  Is there a browser lock down so that we can't open our course content to review the provided materials?  Did you do anything else besides the Big Data?
It seems strange to me. The exam option is between Sept to Dec. Another new batch is from Dec to Mar 24. Maybe you can email ENEB to ask about it.

It seems strange to me. The exam option is between Sept to Dec. Another new batch is from Dec to Mar 24. Maybe you can email ENEB to ask about it.
(11-21-2023, 11:00 AM)aimz Wrote: I just sat my exam for big data yesterday and passed. It's not too difficult but not easy either. Some questions are badly worded ( or completely illogical) and I would have preferred if there were no NLP questions.

As you have already taken at least 1 of the exams, how vague are the questions? Being that is essentially an open book exam, if you have a solid grasp of the base knowledge, would you have enough time to search out the 25% that is specific from the texts? Are the texts used for the exam easy to find information in? Any pointers you can think of that would make taking the exams easier?
In Progress: 
Excelsior - BPS Business and Management
Study.com - Business 307, Sociology 305, Psychology 315
ASU - Algebra, PreCalc, Calculus
Luna - Bio2 Lab

Completed: 
Universidad Isabel I - MBA/Master Bus & Corp Comm
Kirkwood - AAS Business Administration, Certificate of Human Resources 3.8 GPA
Excelsior - AAS Applied Technologies Electronics 4.0 GPA
TADA - Google Project Management, Google Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
CSM Learn
US Navy (Electronics Tech 3rd Class) - NER-ET-004, NV-2202-0165 V02, NV-1715-1788 V01, NV-1715-1796 V01, NV-1715-1585 V01, NV-1715-1336 V02

TECEP: 9 Credits
Man-3730, OPM-3010, Bus-3110

Study.com: 6 Credits
Philosophy 301

Lawshelf: 15 Credits
BUS-201, BUS-301, BUS-302, GOV-202, EMP-301

CLEP: 48 Credits
College Math, Financial Accounting, Principles of Micro & Macroeconomics, Intro Sociology, Intro Psychology, Analyze and Interpreting Literature, Intro Business Law, Principles of Marketing, Biology, US History 1 & 2, Humanities

DSST: 9 Credits
Principles of Public Speaking, Ethics in America, Principles of Supervision

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 3,028 650,520 11 hours ago
Last Post: lisarox
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 25 32,651 07-03-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Help with ENEB David1477 8 1,254 07-01-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  CBE graduate programs no exams newdegree 3 435 06-19-2024, 06:10 PM
  Admission to US Masters degrees through ENEB? David1477 39 2,749 06-11-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: newdegree
  ENEB to UK top up masters possible? Atoshi 3 1,034 05-27-2024, 10:40 AM
  ENEB with only a high school diploma? sackovic 3 680 05-17-2024, 02:13 AM
  Current ENEB grading times? bennyboi 0 367 05-12-2024, 11:19 PM
Last Post: bennyboi
  Has anyone tried recognizing ENEB/UC1 or UoPeople degrees in Australia? ecdw94 11 1,773 04-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  ENEB FOR € 30 bjcheung77 33 3,495 04-20-2024, 05:20 PM