Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ETS Major Field Tests?
Has anyone taken the Psychology or Criminal Justice ETS Major Field Test? I just noticed that the Major Field Test is required for the Liberal Arts Capstone and now I’m nervous. Is there a way to study for it? Also, since I have two areas of study, am I required to take a test for both? This is all very confusing.
Working on: TESU BA Psychology & Criminal Justice

Completed:
Straighterline: Intro to Criminal Justice, Intro to Communications, Intro to Religion, Western Civilization I, Organizational 
 Behavior, Cultural Anthropology, Business Ethics,
Sophia: Ancient Greek Philosophers, Art History I, Introduction to Sociology, Project Management, Intro to Statistics
TEEX: Death Investigation
Coopersmith: Abnormal Psychology
Study.com: The Juvenile Justice System
Here is a link to sample questions and information about the Psych https://www.ets.org/mft/about/content/psychology
and criminal justice. https://www.ets.org/mft/about/content/criminal_justice
if you want to study and see sample questions.

hopefully others who have done the captsone already can help with the other parts of your questions if your instructor or advisor isn't available. Hopefully you've seen this link about ETS and the capstone?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10S4D...h0M_k/edit

You're not expected to know all of it or to study for it.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

These tests are designed to measure how much of your area of study you've actually retained. It's a feedback loop for TESU. You get credit in the capstone class simply for taking the assessment regardless of your performance on it. So don't sweat it. Congratulations on being almost done!
[-] The following 1 user Likes tallpilot's post:
  • harrypotter
(07-21-2020, 07:31 AM)P226mem Wrote: Here is a link to sample questions and information about the Psych https://www.ets.org/mft/about/content/psychology
and criminal justice. https://www.ets.org/mft/about/content/criminal_justice
if you want to study and see sample questions.

hopefully others who have done the captsone already can help with the other parts of your questions if your instructor or advisor isn't available.  Hopefully you've seen this link about ETS and the capstone?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10S4D...h0M_k/edit

You're not expected to know all of it or to study for it.
Wow no I hadn’t seen that link thank you for posting it! I was under the impression that this test would determine whether or not I graduate or something along those lines. Of course I still want to do well on the test but that took a huge weight off of my shoulders!

(07-21-2020, 09:56 AM)No tallpilot Wrote: These tests are designed to measure how much of your area of study you've actually retained. It's a feedback loop for TESU. You get credit in the capstone class simply for taking the assessment regardless of your performance on it. So don't sweat it. Congratulations on being almost done!
Haha okay good to know thank you!
Working on: TESU BA Psychology & Criminal Justice

Completed:
Straighterline: Intro to Criminal Justice, Intro to Communications, Intro to Religion, Western Civilization I, Organizational 
 Behavior, Cultural Anthropology, Business Ethics,
Sophia: Ancient Greek Philosophers, Art History I, Introduction to Sociology, Project Management, Intro to Statistics
TEEX: Death Investigation
Coopersmith: Abnormal Psychology
Study.com: The Juvenile Justice System
(07-21-2020, 09:56 AM)tallpilot Wrote: These tests are designed to measure how much of your area of study you've actually retained. It's a feedback loop for TESU. You get credit in the capstone class simply for taking the assessment regardless of your performance on it. So don't sweat it. Congratulations on being almost done!
How was credit determine as I did not score to great on it and was wondering how the grade for the capstone class was determine? Is just completing gives you credit?
I did ETS for business capstone had zero to do with business.  It may be the same test for everyone regardless of what major they have.

It was mostly reading and understanding what sentences mean.  I ran out of time and had to purely guess on like 1/3 of the questions.  I hope they just give me 100% for it anyhow and this test is just another one of those literacy tests that don't mean much.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(12-07-2020, 03:29 PM)maxxor6868 Wrote:
(07-21-2020, 09:56 AM)tallpilot Wrote: These tests are designed to measure how much of your area of study you've actually retained. It's a feedback loop for TESU. You get credit in the capstone class simply for taking the assessment regardless of your performance on it. So don't sweat it. Congratulations on being almost done!
How was credit determine as I did not score to great on it and was wondering how the grade for the capstone class was determine? Is just completing gives you credit?

That's correct.  You get some points added to your final grade for completing it.  It was 2% for me in the APS capstone.
(12-07-2020, 06:29 PM)tallpilot Wrote:
(12-07-2020, 03:29 PM)maxxor6868 Wrote:

That's correct.  You get some points added to your final grade for completing it.  It was 2% for me in the APS capstone.
Oh thats good to hear I was really worried it was base on your actual score. Mine is like 10%of my grade in the class but if it just completion base thats like a free 10% in the grade book! Thanks

I think there is actually a grade, is says it's between 120 to 200 score.
Completed TESU BA in CS & Math
Target grad school: OMSCS, or UoTA MOCSO. (Contemplating research)

(10-09-2022, 11:03 PM)StudentOLife Wrote:

I think there is actually a grade, is says it's between 120 to 200 score.

At that time, the professors gave me 100% when I did the 2 capstones.

Now I hear reports they give grades based on how you score on the test.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BA Double Major Completed Niketay 3 575 11-01-2023, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Niketay
  TESU BA Double Major Niketay 22 1,538 07-13-2023, 06:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ETS Major Field Tests mt_1994 6 751 05-26-2023, 08:24 AM
Last Post: spohara
  Study.com - how do you know how many tests you have left mt_1994 3 585 03-20-2023, 06:42 PM
Last Post: jch
Question How to take the ETS Major Field Test? LevelUP 10 2,772 10-31-2022, 10:51 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Double major at tesu Sb2013 17 4,378 10-16-2022, 04:37 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Dual Major - Upper Level Credit Requirements for 2nd Degree StudiousTraveller 9 993 10-13-2022, 08:38 PM
Last Post: StudiousTraveller
  LIB-498 ETS Major Field Test fmsoa 4 1,039 07-01-2022, 01:38 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU Dual Major | Double AOS (Possible Changes) bjcheung77 11 1,628 01-18-2022, 06:51 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Should I grab a free associates degree if graduating same major bachelor degree? SlyToxicPanda 32 3,469 01-10-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: jsarles