Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to take the ETS Major Field Test?
Question 
Me and some people in my class are wondering how to take the ETS major field test.  It's due in 10 days (April 4th) and I have yet to receive an email on how to take this test.

General Instructions:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10S4D...h0M_k/edit

Remote testing student preexam checklist:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vwhH5Vd...ItRqs/view

Test taker tips:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q8NBAju...-0fD9/view

Can anyone that's taken this test share the emails you received on this?

How would I schedule with ProtorU since this isn't a TESU class and it says not to use them as an institution?

Attached Files
.pdf   ETS-info-major-field-test.pdf (Size: 65.79 KB / Downloads: 17)
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
My sons have taken several ProctorU exams for Saylor. (Not the same I know.) Saylor had a link that took you to ProctorU, but basically you had to put in all your info including the name of the course, your info, schedule a time, and pay. It wasn't that difficult. Just the waiting for the time to happen and not knowing if you entered everything right was a little nerve wracking. It worked well for them. I find that most places wait until the last minute to share the links you need for things like that. It is possible that 10 days is too far out for them? This is what Saylor states:

Exam Proctoring

We work with ProctorU to provide online proctoring services for our students. Your ProctorU proctor will unlock and monitor your exam.

You can schedule your exam directly with ProctorU (proctoring is available 24/7). Students usually take the exam at home.

Be sure to choose Saylor Academy for your institution or add Saylor Academy as an additional enrollment if you already use ProctorU with another institution.
Search for your course(s) and follow the instructions to schedule an exam session.

See ProctorU’s video Online Proctoring: How it works to better understand their process and see our complete instructions to get set up with ProctorU.

(03-25-2021, 05:35 PM)Dorothy44 Wrote: My sons have taken several ProctorU exams for Saylor.  (Not the same I know.) Saylor had a link that took you to ProctorU, but basically you had to put in all your info including the name of the course, your info, schedule a time, and pay.  It wasn't that difficult.  Just the waiting for the time to happen and not knowing if you entered everything right was a little nerve wracking.  It worked well for them.  I find that most places wait until the last minute to share the links you need for things like that.  It is possible that 10 days is too far out for them?  This is what Saylor states:

Exam Proctoring

We work with ProctorU to provide online proctoring services for our students. Your ProctorU proctor will unlock and monitor your exam.

You can schedule your exam directly with ProctorU (proctoring is available 24/7). Students usually take the exam at home.

Be sure to choose Saylor Academy for your institution or add Saylor Academy as an additional enrollment if you already use ProctorU with another institution.
   Search for your course(s) and follow the instructions to schedule an exam session.

See ProctorU’s video Online Proctoring: How it works to better understand their process and see our complete instructions to get set up with ProctorU.
Here is even better information.  
https://support.saylor.org/hc/en-us/arti...am-proctor
I haven't taken this yet but have you checked your spam folder for emails from testsys? For Gmail, search "in:anywhere testsys.com" and it'll show up if you got it. I've been getting things sent to spam or sorted into the wrong folders lately and it's super annoying.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(03-25-2021, 05:57 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I haven't taken this yet but have you checked your spam folder for emails from testsys? For Gmail, search "in:anywhere testsys.com" and it'll show up if you got it. I've been getting things sent to spam or sorted into the wrong folders lately and it's super annoying.

Spam folder auto-deletes after 30 days.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
You have to contact someone to get the email resent. Because the email has a invitation code that you need. The code is tied to you and the exam name.

Also it gives you a different URL like you said.

Your major may be screwed up at TESU. I was getting a dual major in Psychology and Liberal Studies, and I wasn't coded right in the system. I needed to contact the Dean's office at Heavin School and tell my capstone Mentor who worked on that side of the bureaucracy. 

Here's what I had posted to my LIB-495 Capstone Course:

Email chain this morning was finally concluded with the email from mftsupport@testsys.com received at 1:45 PM . I had to go through:
  1. Emailing Heavin School Dean, 
  2. Confirming the StuSupport personal information (resend full name, ID#, email, and phone number, all in my TESU signature now), 
  3. Getting the Associate Dean saying the Liberal Studies degree only needed the Written Communication, 
  4. Asking for my dual AOL in Psychology and Liberal Studies to be reviewed and affirmed for graduation in March as the Psychology degree is required for a later professional certification.
  5. Then told I did need to take the Major Field Test in Psychology,
  6. Asking to be added to the MFT scheduling cohort,
  7. Finally, I have the ETS emails and have scheduled my MFT in Psychology for January 11. You have to have to schedule an appointment at least 72 hours out, and late Thursday, Friday, and this weekend do not work for me.
TESU BA.LSSS 121/121, BA.PSYCH 121/121, BA in Liberal Studies-Social Sciences and Psychology: March 2021 Graduation

Since 12/5/19:
CLEP: Intro Sociology - 62, Diversity, DSST: 1/6/20 Ethics in America - 440, 1/8/20 Intro World Religions - 470
Sophia: Intro to Statistics - 95%, & many credits...
Study.com: Ethics Social Sciences 90, Into Crim Justice 91, Criminal Law 90, Forensic Science 88, Social Psychology 94
InstantCert Credit: American Government, 91 4/14/2020
Coopersmith: Drugs and Society, Jewish Rabbinic Counseling, Hist and Sys of Psych, Modern Jewish American History, Physio Psych, Sociology of Jewish Food, JST-225 Laws of Blessings 9/16/22, BIB-376 Trees and Plants of the Bible 12/21/22
UExcel Social Psych: A, 1/26/21
TESU: SOS-110-OL 3 cr. A-99, APS-100-OL 1 cr A-97, PSY-331-EP 3 cr 87, PSY322 Research Exp Psych - A 95 3 cr, SOC291 Criminology A98 3 cr, PSY-300EP Thanatology 3 cr 80, HIS210GS Am Civil Rights Movement History 3 cr A, LIB-495OL Hansen A 3cr
TECEPs: PSY-270 2/3/20,  SOC-210 2/10/20, PSY-350 2/17/20, ETH-210
(04-01-2021, 01:59 PM)Library2HospitalChaplain Wrote: Your major may be screwed up at TESU. I was getting a dual major in Psychology and Liberal Studies, and I wasn't coded right in the system. I needed to contact the Dean's office at Heavin School and tell my capstone Mentor who worked on that side of the bureaucracy. 

Email chain this morning was finally concluded with the email from mftsupport@testsys.com received at 1:45 PM . I had to go through:
  2. Confirming the StuSupport personal information (resend full name, ID#, email, and phone number, all in my TESU signature now), 
  3. Getting the Associate Dean saying the Liberal Studies degree only needed the Written Communication, 
  4. Asking for my dual AOL in Psychology and Liberal Studies to be reviewed and affirmed for graduation in March as the Psychology degree is required for a later professional certification.
  7. Finally, I have the ETS emails and have scheduled my MFT in Psychology for January 11. You have to have to schedule an appointment at least 72 hours out, and late Thursday, Friday, and this weekend do not work for me.

I called TESU, was told to email academic advising.  then my email was forwarded to the Office of Test Administration.  

It was literally harder to get signed up for the ETS major field test than to sign up for the COVID vaccine. But I got the ETS email with the test id number, took the test so I'm done.
I agree, getting signed up for the ETS major field test was harder than getting my COVID shot, but I got them both in the end. :-)

(04-01-2021, 03:25 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 01:59 PM)Library2HospitalChaplain Wrote: Your major may be screwed up at TESU. I was getting a dual major in Psychology and Liberal Studies, and I wasn't coded right in the system. I needed to contact the Dean's office at Heavin School and tell my capstone Mentor who worked on that side of the bureaucracy. 

I called TESU, was told to email academic advising.  then my email was forwarded to the Office of Test Administration.  

It was literally harder to get signed up for the ETS major field test than to sign up for the COVID vaccine. But I got the ETS email with the test id number, took the test so I'm done.
TESU BA.LSSS 121/121, BA.PSYCH 121/121, BA in Liberal Studies-Social Sciences and Psychology: March 2021 Graduation

Since 12/5/19:
CLEP: Intro Sociology - 62, Diversity, DSST: 1/6/20 Ethics in America - 440, 1/8/20 Intro World Religions - 470
Sophia: Intro to Statistics - 95%, & many credits...
Study.com: Ethics Social Sciences 90, Into Crim Justice 91, Criminal Law 90, Forensic Science 88, Social Psychology 94
InstantCert Credit: American Government, 91 4/14/2020
Coopersmith: Drugs and Society, Jewish Rabbinic Counseling, Hist and Sys of Psych, Modern Jewish American History, Physio Psych, Sociology of Jewish Food, JST-225 Laws of Blessings 9/16/22, BIB-376 Trees and Plants of the Bible 12/21/22
UExcel Social Psych: A, 1/26/21
TESU: SOS-110-OL 3 cr. A-99, APS-100-OL 1 cr A-97, PSY-331-EP 3 cr 87, PSY322 Research Exp Psych - A 95 3 cr, SOC291 Criminology A98 3 cr, PSY-300EP Thanatology 3 cr 80, HIS210GS Am Civil Rights Movement History 3 cr A, LIB-495OL Hansen A 3cr
TECEPs: PSY-270 2/3/20,  SOC-210 2/10/20, PSY-350 2/17/20, ETH-210
Any one managed to change the paper they are tested on? What if you've got multiple Majors...

Also does anyone knows how the MFT scores map to TESU scores?
Completed TESU BA in CS & Math
Target grad school: OMSCS, or UoTA MOCSO. (Contemplating research)

(10-25-2022, 09:31 PM)StudentOLife Wrote: Any one managed to change the paper they are tested on? What if you've got multiple Majors...

Also does anyone knows how the MFT scores 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BA Double Major Completed Niketay 3 598 11-01-2023, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Niketay
  TESU BA Double Major Niketay 22 1,569 07-13-2023, 06:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ETS Major Field Tests mt_1994 6 833 05-26-2023, 08:24 AM
Last Post: spohara
  Proficiency test gams007 1 554 03-21-2023, 11:28 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Double major at tesu Sb2013 17 4,427 10-16-2022, 04:37 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Dual Major - Upper Level Credit Requirements for 2nd Degree StudiousTraveller 9 998 10-13-2022, 08:38 PM
Last Post: StudiousTraveller
  ETS Major Field Tests? ab10365 10 4,044 10-10-2022, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Pats20
  Any new test out alternatives for Liberal Studies/General Management, BA vetvso 16 1,658 08-04-2022, 12:36 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  LIB-498 ETS Major Field Test fmsoa 4 1,071 07-01-2022, 01:38 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU Dual Major | Double AOS (Possible Changes) bjcheung77 11 1,656 01-18-2022, 06:51 PM
Last Post: dfrecore