Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EU - BSLA
Yes, as per their equivalency link: https://excelsior.sophia.org/#courses
Principles of Finance BUS 350- Principles of Finance 3
Principles of Management BUS 341 Management Concepts and Applications 3

A/S UL: 15 remaining, 3 from capstone, 12 take either at Coopersmith or Study.com
Applied UL: 9 remaining, 3 from cornerstone, 6 from any Lawshelf.com options
You're missing the Written English requirement, get that done and you're all good!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • lonelySamurai
(09-08-2023, 08:32 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yes, as per their equivalency link: https://excelsior.sophia.org/#courses
Principles of Finance BUS 350- Principles of Finance 3
Principles of Management BUS 341 Management Concepts and Applications 3

A/S UL: 15 remaining, 3 from capstone, 12 take either at Coopersmith or Study.com
Applied UL: 9 remaining, 3 from cornerstone, 6 from any Lawshelf.com options
You're missing the Written English requirement, get that done and you're all good!

So, should I ask them to switch the principles course to UL?
Yes and take the course I mentioned earlier from Sophia.org, you'll have to make up the course with a LL requirement, also with Sophia.org, take anything you haven't yet from them. Here's the Lawshelf.com equivalency, get your advisor to make sure it comes through as expected before taking them: https://lawshelf.com/assets/pdf/Excelsior.pdf

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • lonelySamurai
A question to ask about TESU-

Based on my transcripts and assuming I achieve the Excelsior BSLA what would be my outlook into TESU towards the org leadership BS? Would I be in a position where I only need to take the two courses? Is there a breakdown of the cost?
(09-08-2023, 10:28 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yes and take the course I mentioned earlier from Sophia.org, you'll have to make up the course with a LL requirement, also with Sophia.org, take anything you haven't yet from them.  Here's the Lawshelf.com equivalency, get your advisor to make sure it comes through as expected before taking them: https://lawshelf.com/assets/pdf/Excelsior.pdf

I think I took everything already at Sophia, I brought in I think 98 credits from Sophia and they took 91. But thanks for all your help!
(09-08-2023, 11:34 PM)nick00106 Wrote: A question to ask about TESU-

Based on my transcripts and assuming I achieve the Excelsior BSLA what would be my outlook into TESU towards the org leadership BS? Would I be in a position where I only need to take the two courses? Is there a breakdown of the cost?

TESU requires that you have at least 24 new credits in the AOS awarded after the conferral date of your previous bachelor (which in your case would the the EU BSLA). So if you graduate with the bachelor from EU (as planned) you would need the Capstone (TESU) and 21 new credits (7 courses) that apply to the AOS. You would not need the SOS-1100 (Cornerstone) because your existing bachelor will waive all Gen Eds leaving you with only the AOS. In short, if your existing credits are what you'd use for the BS Org Leadership AOS, then it is not a good option.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(09-09-2023, 04:22 AM)lonelySamurai Wrote:
(09-08-2023, 10:28 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yes and take the course I mentioned earlier from Sophia.org, you'll have to make up the course with a LL requirement, also with Sophia.org, take anything you haven't yet from them.  Here's the Lawshelf.com equivalency, get your advisor to make sure it comes through as expected before taking them: https://lawshelf.com/assets/pdf/Excelsior.pdf

I think I took everything already at Sophia, I brought in I think 98 credits from Sophia and they took 91. But thanks for all your help!

Actually, with Excelsior University, you can bring in 113 credits from ACE/NCCRS, if Sophia.org has more UL, you can take them all... Do you still have a Sophia.org membership? If you do, go for the extra UL for just a month subscription, you can take the other LL it replaces with that as well.

(09-08-2023, 11:34 PM)nick00106 Wrote: A question to ask about TESU-

Refrain from the BSOL, please read this thread and any other thread post reply, I always tell people to go for the BSBA with an AOS instead due to multiple reasons, here's an example thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid400205

Oh, just a thought, lots of people are interested in multiple academic programs and completing them at the same time, if you're remotely interested in the TESU BSOL or their BSPS, Excelsior also has their own version of the BSPS...  You can get a second degree at Excelsior instead for the price of the Capstone.  It's very similar to how I recommend doing a double/dual degree at TESU, such as their BALS/BSBA combo.  You can do the Excelsior BSLA and BSPS combo by following their policy here: https://www.excelsior.edu/policy/enrollm...-programs/

Note: As per my PM to you, could you reply back telling us what you're trying to do... It's great you want to continue your educational journey up to the MBA (WGU) or maybe something else after that.  Knowing the path you want to go would be easier for us to recommend a better pathway to that goal.  Sometimes you don't need a second Bachelors to get the prerequisites to that degree.  It's also personal preference, like me, I like getting my learning or knowledge gaps filled with the extra degree, some don't and want to move to the Masters ASAP...

You probably cannot get two degrees from Excelsior. Despite their policies supposedly allowing it, they push students to Master's programs and don't allow them to complete a second Bachelor's program. This has been reported multiple times by students.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • allvia

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 588 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  BSLA recommendations Shogun 5 659 10-16-2023, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Shogun
  BALS (UMPI) vs. BSLA (Excelsior) lumina 17 2,425 08-29-2022, 01:14 PM
Last Post: lumina
  BSLA Cornerstone/Capstone Questions TorsMama 12 2,779 07-04-2021, 12:31 AM