Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Earned 61 credits but school wont grant Associates degree..help
So, it's been a long journey to get to this point. Long story short, I had 40 credits for years so last june I decided to finish the last 20 to get my Associates degree.  I found a school that offered both an Associates and Bachelor's program. I enrolled in the Bachelor's program. From June until now, I've earned 21 more credits (61 total) which is enough for their Undeclared AA degree. Once I emailed to ask what I had to do in order to receive the degree, they refused. They stated that its ONLY for military and veterans. I read their policy before starting and it said nothing about a military requirement. However, the website shows options for associates degree programs for military. My question is, is this fair? Shouldn't they have to uphold the actual policy?
Which school is this and which degree? Got a link? Do you have all requirements filled? Can you list your courses you have completed and which school they came from?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Life Long Learning
It seems unfair, but given their unpublished policy, I don't see how you can get a degree through them.

You may want to get an Associates from the BOG program from a West Virginia school, if you have at least 12 credits from B&M attendance, or somewhere that is flexible like a Big Three school.

appeal to the dean of students, and failing that, transfer your credits to one of the west virginia schools and keep trucking on that bachelors. why they are doing that is beyond me; maybe it's a gi / montgomery bill/state vet rehab program?
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

Did you happen to lock into a catalog previously and did they change requirements at some point? Before or after enrollment? I would appeal. If it's not in the catalog it might be an unpublished rule which might be able to be appealed if you go high enough up. It's not fair certainly.

Also, are you planning to go the TESU or other big 3 route for the bachelors? If so, maybe you can roll those credits in and get both an associates and bachelor at the same time. It delays getting the piece of paper a bit but a bachelors trumps a general AA anyway (speaking as someone who got one of those generic AAs first).
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
What College?
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

Sounds like my school, UMUC. They only offer associate's degrees to military students.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit sufficiency for Pierpoint BOG Degree w/ AoE in IS DEPY 6 410 03-17-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 829 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,481 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Confirm degree completed Carnation 0 440 01-26-2024, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Carnation
  BOG Associates electives Cttwidd 5 682 01-24-2024, 09:55 PM
  Degree Approval Timeline for BOG (December Graduation) txc1500 10 1,062 12-13-2023, 12:02 PM
Last Post: txc1500
  Pierpont --- Associate degree question midnite123 17 1,394 11-28-2023, 01:54 PM
  NA Credits for AAS at Pierpoint chrisv 7 491 11-14-2023, 02:34 AM
  Pierpont to Charge $130 Fee for BOG Degree MissRN 35 3,319 11-08-2023, 02:26 PM
Last Post: NapoleonInRags
  Question about Pierpont Associates Math/Science requirement kcstudent 6 485 11-02-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: kcstudent