Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easiest History Exam
Anyone have any thoughts on what History exam is the easiest to pass? I've heard the Vietnam one isn't too hard with the IC flashcards. I'm totally not a history person at all, so really just want to take the easiest one possible so I can meet my history requirement. Thanks!

These are the options:
- History of the US I CLEP
- History of the US II CLEP
- Western Civilization I CLEP
- Western Civilization II CLEP
- Social Sciences and History CLEP (this one counts for 6 credits, so my school counts it as 3 history and 3 social science/elective)
- A History of the Vietnam War DSST
- The Civil War and Reconstruction DSST
- History of the Soviet Union DSST
- World Conflicts Since 1990 UXCEL - but I'm not sure there's a UXCEL testing center near me (Metro Detroit Michigan area)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MollyUniversity's post:
  • mrqsbutler
I've taken all 3 of the DSST's exams. This is my order from easiest to hardest:

Vietnam War
Civil War
Soviet Union
[-] The following 1 user Likes radconjohn's post:
  • MollyUniversity
I've heard that the US History II CLEP is the easiest, since you're going to be more familiar with the info on there.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • Life Long Learning, MollyUniversity
I would not class the World Conflicts since 1900 Uexcel as easy. I enjoyed it, but there was a lot of background reading. Excelsior provided a 150 page collection of articles plus I bought 2 or 3 texts that were listed as sources for exam questions. (I skipped the suggested supplemental text)
The exam has been updated since I took it, so the difficulty level may have changed. It looks like they've added an additional text to the content list.
If you have a lot of background in international relations and/or military history (not just US military) you may find this easier than I did, but there was a lot of content that was not covered in my general world history courses.
[-] The following 2 users Like DavidHume's post:
  • MollyUniversity, radconjohn
(11-14-2017, 08:46 PM)DavidHume Wrote: I would not class the World Conflicts since 1900 Uexcel as easy. I enjoyed it, but there was a lot of background reading. Excelsior provided a 150 page collection of articles plus I bought 2 or 3 texts that were listed as sources for exam questions. (I skipped the suggested supplemental text)
The exam has been updated since I took it, so the difficulty level may have changed. It looks like they've added an additional text to the content list.
If you have a lot of background in international relations and/or military history (not just US military) you may find this easier than I did, but there was a lot of content that was not covered in my general world history courses.

Oh boy!! I am scheduled to take this test next month!! I am finding it hard to get started with it!!
(11-14-2017, 09:26 PM)radconjohn Wrote:
(11-14-2017, 08:46 PM)DavidHume Wrote: I would not class the World Conflicts since 1900 Uexcel as easy. I enjoyed it, but there was a lot of background reading. Excelsior provided a 150 page collection of articles plus I bought 2 or 3 texts that were listed as sources for exam questions. (I skipped the suggested supplemental text)

Oh boy!! I am scheduled to take this test next month!! I am finding it hard to get started with it!!

It's not impossible by any means. I'd suggest downloading the PDF Excelsior has of the articles used. Start by reading or skimming those. Take one of the practice exams. Note where you are deficient. Then at a minimum read the conclusions at the end of the chapters in the Why Nations Go to War book (I found this text most helpful in my prep) Supplement with the other texts as necessary or whatever outside sources you prefer. Take the 2nd practice exam. I saved the practice questions in the content guide as a refresher right before the exam. And honestly used Wikipedia for some of the conflicts listed instead of the texts. I spent a week studying and got an A.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DavidHume's post:
  • Catman5211
Thank you all!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,196 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,088 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Quickest and Easiest Way to Boost GPA for State College aetosdios 12 1,124 08-02-2023, 12:09 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  History of Degree Awarding Tomes MichaelGates 2 497 07-06-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Legacy Admissions with Anti-Semitic History Challenged sanantone 2 495 07-04-2023, 12:53 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  BIO-208 TECEP exam yellowshehulk 2 940 04-30-2023, 05:46 PM
Last Post: WHOASIS1
  JD & Masters History - 22 year old bjcheung77 0 458 04-24-2023, 12:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SPECIFIC EXAM FEEDBACK SECTION….. ShotoJuku 1 660 04-01-2023, 10:19 PM
Last Post: katsoulis
  Help with Coopersmith's (PSY-304) History and Systems of Psychology Ben2020 13 2,361 03-07-2023, 08:13 PM
Last Post: Ypsiterroir
  Cheapest? Easiest? RA degree(s) in USA? omicreativedev 18 1,934 01-10-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: rachel83az