Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Education 103: Classroom Management on study.com
has anyone taken Education 103: Classroom Management on study.com??? any input on it? super hard? boring??? im looking for an UL class that isnt super hard or time consuming. Im on a time crunch to get a couple UL done. 
(03-17-2019, 06:05 PM)Sb2013 Wrote: has anyone taken Education 103: Classroom Management on study.com??? any input on it? super hard? boring??? im looking for an UL class that isnt super hard or time consuming. Im on a time crunch to get a couple UL done. 

I'm not sure what your major is but according to the official TESU to study.com chart that course can be used as a free elective only. So I don't think it will count towards your UL credit in your Area of Study not even for a Liberal Studies degree. All study.com courses that count for UL at TESU besides free electives have assignments like essays which you must to do to earn credit. If you are one a time crunch don't do this one unless you need more free electives.

To answer your question, I've done about 1/3 of the quizzes and they weren't difficult at all, but then it got harder. I started taking it because I had previous experience with kids and wanted to learn more about classroom management, but then I realized it didn't count for anything (I had enough free electives) and was getting harder so I stopped
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • Sb2013
natshar is correct, EDU courses normally don't count as AOS courses at TESU, meaning there's no reason to take an UL course, as it won't count for anything extra. An UL Free Elective course doesn't count towards the number of UL credits you need.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I completed Classroom management. It is not very difficult- I would rate it a 5/10 on the difficulty scale. You need to memorise some terminologies- that’s what makes it a bit difficult. And yes, it can be used as a free elective only. I completed it for my free electives.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(03-17-2019, 08:53 PM)dfrecore Wrote: natshar is correct, EDU courses normally don't count as AOS courses at TESU, meaning there's no reason to take an UL course, as it won't count for anything extra.  An UL Free Elective course doesn't count towards the number of UL credits you need.

Got it. Thanks for pointing that out! I went back and saw one my electives can count as an upper level aos class. So I requested to have that moved. So now I need one upper level class and two electives. 
Can electives be pretty much any LL classes??

(03-18-2019, 01:55 AM)Supermind Wrote: I completed Classroom management. It is not very difficult- I would rate it a 5/10 on the difficulty scale. You need to memorise some terminologies- that’s what makes it a bit difficult. And yes, it can be used as a free elective only. I completed it for my free electives.

Thanks for the input! I really appreciate it
If you are interested in doing some Edu courses for free electives, I can recommend Special Ed. History & Law. It is short- just about 40 or so lessons. You might need to memorize some legal terms & acts. But it didn’t feel very difficult. I actually enjoyed the course, and found it very informative.

Differentiated Instruction is a great course too. Again, not too long, about 60 lessons. And Edu 101: Foundations of Education was a breeze for me, as I had already completed other courses. I think this one has 90 lessons. But very easy and straightforward.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(03-18-2019, 09:49 AM)Sb2013 Wrote: Got it. Thanks for pointing that out! I went back and saw one my electives can count as an upper level aos class. So I requested to have that moved. So now I need one upper level class and two electives. 
Can electives be pretty much any LL classes??

Free electives can be absolutely ANYTHING that counts as college credit. Even PhysEd. If you want to get in a swimming or tennis course at the local CC, that can count. Personal Finance (I took the DSST, but other providers have it too) is a popular one. Easy for us established folks, good stuff to know for the younger students.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • natshar
Free electives can be UL or LL. Anything at all as long as it college-level coursework and has a passing grade it counts. (For courses at an actual college it can be a D or above, but no D-). This is the most flexible and easiest to fill part of the degree. There are even free courses from Sophia and TEEX that make popular free electives. For me, all mine came up all the random courses I took at Community College that didn't count anywhere else.
How do u know if an UL class counts for the UL(AOS) LS area??? Since tesu has the general options or a concentration option. I thought for the general option you could pick classes from concentration area.
For example under business they have man 301. However my advisor said that can't be used for the UL requirements. He told me to ask for approval or take some Dsst tests.
Now I'm just confused on how u know what counts etc. Someone help me. Pleaseeeeee
(03-19-2019, 11:00 AM)Sb2013 Wrote: How do u know if an UL class counts for the UL(AOS) LS area??? Since tesu has the general options or a concentration option. I thought for the general option you could pick classes from concentration area.
For example under business they have man 301. However my advisor said that can't be used for the UL requirements. He told me to ask for approval or take some Dsst tests.
Now I'm just confused on how u know what counts etc. Someone help me. Pleaseeeeee

What degree are you getting?

If you are getting a BALS, then you need courses that count in the Liberal Studies (this is just a short list, there are more):

HUMANITIES
Literature/Advanced Writing
Religion
Music
Art
Foreign Language
Communications
Dance
Theater
Film
Journalism
Philosophy
Ethics
Photograpy

SOCIAL SCIENCES
History
Political Science
Geography
Psychology
Sociology
Economics
Anthropology

NATURAL SCIENCES/MATH
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Geology
Environmental Science
Astronomy
Computer Science courses (non-applied)
Any Math courses

NON-LA COURSES (WILL NOT COUNT)
Accounting
Business
Education
Health
Nursing
Paralegal
Fire Science
EMT
Real Estate
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,368 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,600 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,508 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 754 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Credly Badge Denied, TEEX Disaster Management for Water & Wastewater Utilities sixdegreesandamovie 3 308 03-07-2024, 11:46 AM
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 365 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,906 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 593 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 313 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue