Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
English Composition 2 Help/Advice
Hi, 

I'm doing my BSc at UoPeople. I'm doing my general education courses from Sophia (already get 4 subjects transferred).

Now I need your advice for English Composition 2 course. which platform will be easy to get the credits.

They accept ACE credits. Also, the transferred course's grade is not added to the main GPA, only subtracting the credit from the whole program. 

So I need a pass mark (70%) only to get the credit waiver. 

I saw a few posts stating that Sophia's English Composition 2 is relatively hard.

Can you advise me, which platform should I use for English Composition 2?

Thank you.

PS. I saw most of the answers here use acronyms. if you can use the full name, that will be great for me Smile
Olivet Nazarene University’s YourWay English Composition 2 seems pretty straightforward. $150 total and you don’t pay until you finish the class. It would be free to test out the difficulty. UoPeople would definitely accept it. It may not be the fastest choice, however.

https://online.olivet.edu/yourway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
[-] The following 2 users Like Tedium's post:
  • dreamarts, Pikachu
If you are in the US, one more option would be the College Composition CLEP exam w/ essay, which would be free through ModernStates. You'd have to double check that UoPeople takes this exam as English Comp II credit, though.

Another possibility is TESU's English Comp II exam. This would be $50 for the application, plus $150 for the TECEP exam.

The ONU course recommended above is probably the easiest all-around solution, though. Olivet says that it will take 100+ hours, IIRC, but the whole class boils down to writing one single essay. This is in stark contrast to Sophia, which wants 2 or 3 whole essays for this class.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 3 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • dreamarts, jch, Pikachu
thank you @Tedium and @rachel83az for your quick reply.

I will check ONU and TESU options.

And I'm not in the US, so CLEP  will not be possible Sad .
If you're not in the US, ONU is almost certainly the easiest answer. If you're not from an English-speaking country, TESU will want you to submit TOEFL or IELTS English proficiency results before you're allowed to sign up for any exam: https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/apply-in...al-student

That said, the TECEP exam is relatively quick & straightforward: one test and then you're done. https://www2.tesu.edu/tecep.php?CourseCode=ENC-102 So, it's definitely worth it to some people.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • dreamarts, Pikachu
(11-20-2021, 04:38 AM)Tedium Wrote: Olivet Nazarene University’s YourWay English Composition 2 seems pretty straightforward. $150 total and you don’t pay until you finish the class. It would be free to test out the difficulty. UoPeople would definitely accept it. It may not be the fastest choice, however.

https://online.olivet.edu/yourway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, I do not see any English comp 2 course at the site. and when I try to apply through your link, it asks for "intended Program" (like BS Business, Leadership, etc.). can you please let me know which should I choose?
College Writing II is English Comp 2: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Ol...University

It doesn't matter which program you choose. Any of them will be fine.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 3 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • dreamarts, Pikachu, Tedium
Study.com has English Comp 2
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • dreamarts, Pikachu
You can transfer in 75% of your degree into UofPeople, I think if you already have a Sophia.org membership, stick with them... Just because it has some writing assignments doesn't mean it's going to be that much harder than other options provided. You should work on that course as it would be much cheaper, easier, faster than taking it from a college/university. All in all, "hard work pays off"... it will help you in the future for your studies after the BSc... btw, which BSc degree are you going for? Comp Sci or Health Sciences?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • dreamarts
The problem with Sophia is that it may be cheaper than some other options but it's NOT faster or easier when it comes to English Comp 2. When it legit takes 60-90 days to finish just that course, plus the inconsistent grading, there is no good reason to take it.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • dreamarts, Pikachu

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 9 563 02-17-2024, 01:56 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia.org English Composition II -- Grader Experiences ashkir 67 10,201 02-09-2024, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7
  Sophia English Composition II Experience lifted567 14 1,744 01-04-2024, 05:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  English Comp 2 dbrown2258 7 787 09-10-2023, 01:11 AM
  does sophia english touch stone allow to use chatgpt or grammerly? sekiflying 10 2,350 08-13-2023, 01:12 PM
Last Post: sekiflying
Heart Is it possible to finish English composition II in one month on study.com? imkingta 16 1,836 07-22-2023, 11:11 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Want to drop out of Sophia English Composition I Avidreader 17 1,692 07-07-2023, 06:08 PM
Last Post: lumina
  English comp 2 Sophia/study.com/olivia/tel? SweetsugarNL 12 3,730 07-03-2023, 11:33 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Sophia English Comp 1 Touchstone Issue arrakis 29 6,998 06-21-2023, 05:05 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Advice on Transferring Sophia Courses SophiaPrincess 32 4,764 06-20-2023, 07:10 PM