Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Enviro studies, enviro safety, security
Hi all. I was wondering if there was a way to earn either the BA in Environmental Studies, or AAS in Environmental, Safety and Security Technologies from TESU using self-paced methods? I realize the aas used to be easy due to the fema acceptance, but that's obviously not the case anymore.

Any other safety/Environmental routes would be of interest, also.

Thanks!
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

Most of the courses in ES can't be tested out of, I don't have any of them on my list of providers (and I have a LOT of providers on here).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-13-2017, 06:22 AM)) icampy Wrote: Hi all. I was wondering if there was a way to earn either the BA in Environmental Studies, or AAS in Environmental, Safety and Security Technologies from TESU using self-paced methods? I realize the aas used to be easy due to the fema acceptance, but that's obviously not the case anymore.  

Any other safety/Environmental routes would be of interest, also.

Thanks!
------------------

icampy, I don't know about the BA, but the AAS in Environmental, Safety, and Security Technologies can be done almost completely with self-paced courses.    Some credits that can apply to the Area of Study are:
Environmental Science DSST (formerly known as Environment and Humanity: The Race to Save the Planet),
Substance Abuse,
Business Law,
any Criminal Justice class (which opens up many options, for a long list see http://degreeforum.wikia.com/wiki/Sanant...al_Justice plus there are many more at the CSU Global CBE link, below),
Natural Science/Physical Science-type courses,
many computer courses,
Emergency Management courses (CSU Global CBE at https://csuglobal.edu/admissions/transfe...t-exam-cbe)
Homeland Security courses.

Before the AAS capstone was added, many people on this board would get the degree almost by default because they met the requirements with the courses they had already taken and other people got it because you could use free FEMA courses then. You can no longer use FEMA, but the degree is still very flexible.

As for other programs, check out this one at FCC. You can use free FEMA courses for the Area of Study here. http://www.frederick.edu/degrees-certifi...ement.aspx

Good luck!
TESU BA June 2018.
Various business certificates still to do.
Thanks for the info, ya'll.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

(11-13-2017, 02:48 PM)icampy Wrote: Thanks for the info, ya'll.

You're welcome.
TESU BA June 2018.
Various business certificates still to do.
So I could do it with CJ courses, but then if they saw my transcript, it wouldn't really have any safety/environmental courses. Hmm. Maybe an ASP cert with a standard degree will work better.

I could always take some CJ courses for a few electives, then add that degree on my way out of the business degree.

Have some thinking to do, thanks again.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,590 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,871 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  New Member need assistance with TESU degree plan BA in Lib Studies PBenitez 14 3,503 08-11-2018, 02:21 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Liberal Studies General Coursework won't be filled by BUS or CIS courses? posabsolute 5 1,733 08-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim
  COSC Individualised Studies Question Tedium 12 2,814 08-01-2018, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tedium
  TESU LIberal Studies, what qualifies jeffreymb 9 2,261 07-26-2018, 01:35 PM
Last Post: rlw74
  TESU BA Liberal Studies Degree Plan junipers 4 2,126 05-16-2018, 12:41 PM
Last Post: JanuarySunshine
  Charter Oak - Paralegal Studies BSBRose21 0 1,028 05-08-2018, 09:48 AM
Last Post: BSBRose21
  TESU Technical Studies ChasingDegrees 13 4,138 04-03-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: ChasingDegrees
  TESU International studies Laksamit 3 1,149 03-01-2018, 06:23 AM