Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Essay Examples
I'm starting my UL Psychology courses at study.com (History & Systems, I/O, Personality) and am a little concerned about the essays.  Does anyone know where I can find an example or two?  I'm confident in my writing ability, but nervous about my formatting, structure, etc.  I'd like to have a good essay from those courses just to check my own against.  Any ideas, or am I over thinking this?  Is the essay grading very tough?
Study.com’s grading is not very tough, but it isn’t very lax either. The main areas they look for are: thesis statement (how clear it is), the overall flow (should be logical), quality of sources (have many authentic .edu or .gov sources) & the mechanics (APA conventions, punctuations etc). If you are good at writing, you should not have much problem.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Supermind's post:
  • ryanaryn
(01-20-2019, 11:16 AM)ryanaryn Wrote: I'm starting my UL Psychology courses at study.com (History & Systems, I/O, Personality) and am a little concerned about the essays.  Does anyone know where I can find an example or two?  I'm confident in my writing ability, but nervous about my formatting, structure, etc.  I'd like to have a good essay from those courses just to check my own against.  Any ideas, or am I over thinking this?  Is the essay grading very tough?

The Purdue Owl is an excellent resource for all types of writing. That site covers formatting and citations and provides examples of essays that not only provide details on how to physically format a paper but good examples of essay writing in general.

Here are example essays in APA and MLA format. I assume you need APA format since that is the default for a psychology paper, but I believe that SDC had me do all my papers in MLA format, so an example of that may be helpful too.

APA example: https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_...paper.html

MLA example: https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_...paper.html

If you need further essay examples, there are a ton of them out there that you can find with a simple google search. There are also YouTube videos that cover how to prepare and format a college essay/paper.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(01-20-2019, 04:17 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 11:16 AM)ryanaryn Wrote: I'm starting my UL Psychology courses at study.com (History & Systems, I/O, Personality) and am a little concerned about the essays.  Does anyone know where I can find an example or two?  I'm confident in my writing ability, but nervous about my formatting, structure, etc.  I'd like to have a good essay from those courses just to check my own against.  Any ideas, or am I over thinking this?  Is the essay grading very tough?

The Purdue Owl is an excellent resource for all types of writing. That site covers formatting and citations and provides examples of essays that not only provide details on how to physically format a paper but good examples of essay writing in general.

Here are example essays in APA and MLA format. I assume you need APA format since that is the default for a psychology paper, but I believe that SDC had me do all my papers in MLA format, so an example of that may be helpful too.

If you need further essay examples, there are a ton of them out there that you can find with a simple google search. There are also YouTube videos that cover how to prepare and format a college essay/paper.

That's exactly what I was looking for, perfect!  And for some reason SDC is asking for APA not MLA, but thank you all the same!
I feel like Study.com's grading is inconsistent, so in my opinion it depends partly on your luck.

Don't stress too much since you can always resubmit after you get an assignment graded. The grader will provide comments on your work so you know what to improve the next time, if you decide to try for a higher grade.

You don't need a great grade to pass (if you only care about getting credit and don't care about your final percentage / letter grade) if you did well on the quizzes and exam.

(01-21-2019, 04:15 AM)ryanaryn Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 04:17 PM)Merlin Wrote:

That's exactly what I was looking for, perfect!  And for some reason SDC is asking for APA not MLA, but thank you all the same!

APA (American Psychological Association) is always the style for an academic course in the field of psychology. If you're doing others, might be good to take them now while it's fresh in your mind.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many scores does the essay account for in coppersmith ? qiaoyiren 3 798 03-21-2021, 11:48 AM
Last Post: TwinMom
  Tips cost accounting essay from study.com FishNDip 2 1,040 02-28-2020, 01:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com ungraded essay plasticbottle 2 699 02-18-2020, 09:56 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Davar Exam Essay CIS-315 S01013756 2 1,481 10-22-2019, 05:31 PM
Last Post: S01013756
  SDC Eng Comp 104 - can I turn in essay 3 before essay 1 & 2? suzycupcake 8 1,249 05-29-2019, 10:15 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Need Topic Ideas for Interview Essay katelynn 8 1,507 10-31-2018, 11:00 PM
Last Post: katelynn
  Study.com Website Down: NEED ESSAY PROMPTS YXJeff 3 1,063 07-25-2018, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  SL Business Comm. final essay? studyandpass5 0 1,113 09-22-2017, 03:24 PM
Last Post: studyandpass5
  Question about essay format in English Comp I @ study.com originalamyj 2 1,425 09-06-2017, 10:01 AM
Last Post: originalamyj