Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evaluations Advice?
Hello everyone. 

Does anyone have some advice about getting evaluations from TESU and UMPI?. Is it a pretty straightforward process? Is it best to do your SDCs before getting an evaluation at UMPI? How long does the process take generally?

Update from my previous thread: I am pretty set on the TESU BSBA in CIS because, at the end of the month, I will only have the SOS101 and the capstone left (assuming they take my SDCs). It took dedication, but SDC worked well! I am nearly done with the AOS and only have Digital Marketing, Comparative Politics, and Business Communications left.

To be honest, the thought of the TESU capstone is giving me anxiety because I don't do well with written, proctored tests. I like the format of UMPI much more and they seem to be great to communicate with, unlike what I have heard about TESU. Their management and project management interest me, but I would likely be taking 10+ courses through them. 

I have attached my excel degree plan for a BSBA in CIS for anyone interested.  

My plan is to take SOS101 in June and the capstone in September. Hopefully that's realistic... Just throwing my thoughts out there. I'm feeling overwhelmed by the options  Huh  Any advice/encouragement would be appreciated!

Attached Files
.xlsx   Degree Plan.xlsx (Size: 13.62 KB / Downloads: 18)
[-] The following 1 user Likes BetaBen's post:
  • Novo
Your plan for the BSBA CIS looks good!

I am not thrilled about having to take the business midterm either, but it is only worth 25% of your grade. If you can get 100% in the discussions and 90% in the other parts, you only need to get 56% or better on the midterm in order to get a B in the class.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • BetaBen
I got 7 out of 10 on the multiple choice section, and completely forgot one of the lists of items on the short essay section, and got an 86 on the midterm. They're not looking to fail you.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 2 users Like Flelm's post:
  • BetaBen, rachel83az
Thanks for the reassurance! @Flelm, that must have been nerve-racking! Glad to hear you got a good score. 

Just curious for anyone who knows, would it be a good idea to go ahead and apply now before I finish SDC to make sure I can get SOS101 started in in June? If I have to start later, say July, could I sign up for the capstone in September while still enrolled in SOS101?
  • Novo
If you're set on TESU, there's no downside to applying now. And yes, you can absolutely enroll in the capstone while still taking the cornerstone. Many people take both at the same time.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes Flelm's post:
  • BetaBen
If you're not already applied to TESU, I would 100% apply now.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • BetaBen
I would not "start over" at UMPI when you're so close to completing your goal at this point. But it certainly can't hurt to get an eval and see where you sit before making any decisions. The cost would certainly be less at UMPI.

I say apply to both and send all of your transcripts; and report back here on what they bring everything in as at UMPI for Study.com, as it would be great to know what they do with those.

I forgot to mention: you made some mistakes on your degree plan - but you also didn't put in any calculations to add each area, and you're over. So the mistakes won't make a difference in the end.

Just wanted to point this out because if someone looks at the plan in the future, I want them to be aware of the issues.

Problems:
1) ALEKS Business Stats is duplicate of the Stats course you took (TESU counts all Stats courses the same)

2) Nutrition is not a GE, it's a Free Elective (TESU only counts a nutrition course as a science if it's something like "The Science of Nutrition" rather than Human Nutrition or just Nutrition, which are considered health courses and Free Electives).

3) Info to Business is not a GE

4) Project Management is not a GE

5) I'm not sure Web Design I or Web Page Development are GE's, they may be free electives

6) I'm not certain Google IT Support will work in BSBA/CIS (not saying it won't, but not sure it will). Project Management or Intro to Information Science and Technology might work instead though.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • BetaBen
(04-19-2021, 10:46 AM)dfrecore Wrote: I would not "start over" at UMPI when you're so close to completing your goal at this point.  But it certainly can't hurt to get an eval and see where you sit before making any decisions.  The cost would certainly be less at UMPI.

I say apply to both and send all of your transcripts; and report back here on what they bring everything in as at UMPI for Study.com, as it would be great to know what they do with those.

I forgot to mention: you made some mistakes on your degree plan - but you also didn't put in any calculations to add each area, and you're over.  So the mistakes won't make a difference in the end.

Just wanted to point this out because if someone looks at the plan in the future, I want them to be aware of the issues.

Problems:
1) ALEKS Business Stats is duplicate of the Stats course you took (TESU counts all Stats courses the same)

2) Nutrition is not a GE, it's a Free Elective (TESU only counts a nutrition course as a science if it's something like "The Science of Nutrition" rather than Human Nutrition or just Nutrition, which are considered health courses and Free Electives).

3) Info to Business is not a GE

4) Project Management is not a GE

5) I'm not sure Web Design I or Web Page Development are GE's, they may be free electives

6) I'm not certain Google IT Support will work in BSBA/CIS (not saying it won't, but not sure it will).  Project Management or Intro to Information Science and Technology might work instead though.

Thanks. I will make some corrections.

I have attached the updated plan.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Degree Plan Update.xlsx (Size: 14.12 KB / Downloads: 7)
  • Novo
I wouldn't recommend switching to UMPI as you have just the capstone/cornerstone to do at TESU. Unless something odd comes your way with the TESU evaluation and UMPI is much easier/faster for you (we know it may be cheaper already as there are no residency waiver fees), then get an evaluation from UMPI. Suggestion is to finish all remaining courses you have with TESU and be done with the degree since you're so close already. Sometimes getting it "done" is the best step versus stalling on deciding which school to go for...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • BetaBen
(04-19-2021, 02:12 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I wouldn't recommend switching to UMPI as you have just the capstone/cornerstone to do at TESU.  Unless something odd comes your way with the TESU evaluation and UMPI is much easier/faster for you (we know it may be cheaper already as there are no residency waiver fees), then get an evaluation from UMPI.  Suggestion is to finish all remaining courses you have with TESU and be done with the degree since you're so close already.  Sometimes getting it "done" is the best step versus stalling on deciding which school to go for...

Not going to lie, getting it done sounds pretty good.
  • Novo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confused Brit looking for advice BritStudent 30 1,888 2 hours ago
Last Post: allvia
  WGU Advice - Bachelor's or Master's in Education? nykorn 3 375 Yesterday, 10:55 AM
Last Post: RachelB
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 23 1,032 04-13-2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Advice on degree options juliakeller2011 3 158 04-09-2024, 11:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI BLS Degree planning advice, need help huiwh1998 16 520 04-08-2024, 11:27 AM
  UMBI Political Science Advice XNutty98 4 293 04-07-2024, 01:50 PM
  Degree planning advice, fastest way, need help Bikingrox211 19 1,273 04-06-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Bikingrox211
  Advice Needed. PML0924 2 145 04-01-2024, 09:22 PM
  Need some advice on my plan jobojoe285 3 208 03-29-2024, 09:16 PM
  Bachelors Psychology to Masters advice Nexum 5 437 03-28-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: BELEEMA