Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior BS in Computer Technology
I just got my initial eval done and this is what I got back. I had some previous college classes, a few IT certs and some training from the army. But, I am not sure which of these classes I can test out of. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Arts & Sciences Component
You need:
- 6.00 credits in Communications
- Written English requirement (generally 3 semester credits)
- 2.00 credits in Ethics
- 6.00 credits in Social Sciences/History
- 7.00 additional credits in Humanities or SS/H Electives
- 12.00 credits in Natural Sciences to include:
- Physics I
- Physics II
- Physics I or II Lab
- 9.00 credits in Mathematics to include:
- Calculus I or Applied Calculus I
- Calculus II or Applied Calculus II
- 12.00 credits in Arts & Sciences Electives

Information Literacy Requirement
There are several ways to satisfy the Information Literacy requirement. As the universe of information grows and technology continues to transform learning, information literacy (accessing academic information electronically, selecting credible resources, etc.) becomes increasingly important. You may demonstrate competency in this area by successfully completing the Excelsior College course
"Information Literacy" (INL 102) or an approved course from the regionally accredited college of your choice. You must earn a minimum of one semester hour in Information Literacy with a grade of C or higher in order to complete the
requirement. Please visit http://www.excelsior.edu and click on the Excelsior College courses link for information pertaining to INL 102.

Technology Component
You need 27.00 total credits in Computer Technology of which 12.00 credits must
be upper level to include:
- Circuit Theory I
- Circuit Theory II
- Electronics I
- Electronics II
- Microprocessors
- Electronic Communications
- Systems (Computer Architecture)
- Computer Language II
- 3.0 Technology Elective Labs
- 4.0 Technology Core Labs
-----------------------------------------------------------------
This particular degree will be extreemly difficult to testout. What are your interests? What are you looking to do carreer wise with this degree? There might be different paths to take.
Can't you keep on taking Certification exams to get your credits? I'm curious because I'm in the same boat. I've got (possible) 21 credits in Microsoft certs and CompTIA and I need to know what other exams/certs I can take to get a BA in Comp Tech.
BS IT is the degree you can use the greatest amount of certifications, not Computer Technologies. Computer Technologies deals with actual computer hardware engineering and design as far as I can tell.

Information Technology is where most vendor certifications are applied.

I made a detailed post explaining how that degree can be tested out of here: http://www.instantcertonline.com/forums/...#post29894

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Computer Concepts CIS-107 sambeaux 3 1,973 09-01-2018, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 1,833 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Help planning exams for ASNSM in Computer Science theveganmaker 3 1,552 07-27-2018, 10:52 AM
Last Post: theveganmaker
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,179 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,944 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 1 1,295 07-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 0 965 07-19-2018, 02:06 PM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  Excelsior annual fees homeschoolmom1 1 1,270 07-14-2018, 11:27 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU - BA in Computer Science Gone? MrBossmanJr 5 1,710 07-10-2018, 03:56 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  TESU BA Computer Science nyvrem 5 2,487 06-30-2018, 07:46 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77