Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior College Exams For Military??
[SIZE="3"]Hello everyone!!
I'm new to both Excelsior and IC and I'm currently on Active duty in the Navy and I was wondering how do I go about taking an excelsior college exam? I know they cost me nothing because I'm in the military but where do I take these exams exactly? Can I sign up and take them online or do I have to take them on base?

I'm working on a BS in Liberal Arts and my unofficial transcript gives me a total of 90 credits and all I need are UL credits, 9 in Applied Professional and 21 in Arts and Sciences.

I would also appreciate any study tips, (length of time recommended for studying for exams etc...) and recommendations on which exams to take first.

This forum seems to be very useful and I look forward to sharing my experiences in the near future!!! Thank you in advance and I look forward to hearing from everyone!!!
[/SIZE]

V/R
ldrakes Big Grin
you take them at the navy college testing center,
What base are you on? If you are on navy base you may not be able to take excelsior exams there right now. They were suspended for some reason but that was a few weeks ago. I took a lot of them cold, but dont do that if you are in a time crunch. let me know if you need any navy related testing info, i too am AD Navy.
AAT, Electromechanics, Excelsior College 2007
BS, Political Science, Excelsior College 2008
MSSL, Strategic Leadership, Mountain State (currently enrolled) 2009
I'm at NOB Norfolk in Va. I'm currently studying for the HR Management ESE exam.
ldrakes Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Hello everyone!!
I'm new to both Excelsior and IC and I'm currently on Active duty in the Navy and I was wondering how do I go about taking an excelsior college exam? I know they cost me nothing because I'm in the military but where do I take these exams exactly? Can I sign up and take them online or do I have to take them on base?

I'm working on a BS in Liberal Arts and my unofficial transcript gives me a total of 90 credits and all I need are UL credits, 9 in Applied Professional and 21 in Arts and Sciences.

I would also appreciate any study tips, (length of time recommended for studying for exams etc...) and recommendations on which exams to take first.

This forum seems to be very useful and I look forward to sharing my experiences in the near future!!! Thank you in advance and I look forward to hearing from everyone!!!
[/SIZE]

V/R
ldrakes Big Grin

Are all 90 credits from the Navy? I'm just curious because I was an Electronic Technician in the Navy and I have over 80 credits on my SMART transcript. I was wondering if Excelsior would take them all for the BS in Liberal Arts.
I am at NOB as well! I took HRM about a year ago, I used the offical dantes study guide for both the ece and the dantes exam on the same day and passed both with flying colors.

Excelsior took 40 of my military credits towards my degree, They only didnt take some credits from boot camp because they do not award credit for physical education.
AAT, Electromechanics, Excelsior College 2007
BS, Political Science, Excelsior College 2008
MSSL, Strategic Leadership, Mountain State (currently enrolled) 2009
Nato76 Wrote:Are all 90 credits from the Navy? I'm just curious because I was an Electronic Technician in the Navy and I have over 80 credits on my SMART transcript. I was wondering if Excelsior would take them all for the BS in Liberal Arts.

Not all my credits are from the navy, I have an AA degree already. And I have more credits that they would take but since I already have my AA most of the credits I have from the navy wouldn't count towards my degree because of all the UL credits needed, and the navy credits counted towards lower level credits.
Excelsior is extremely accepting on credits. I was a EM-1 (nuclear subs) and had 72 credits from my service. It made getting my BS in business quick and easy. If I had gone for a basic liberal arts degree it would gone even quicker!
B Smith

B.S. Business - Excelsior College
B.S. Elect. Engineering Technology - Excelsior College

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  opinion on military school for ADHD teen EducationSeeker 18 3,043 10-14-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: martamarti
Information US Naval Community College Pilot MNomadic 2 1,654 04-26-2022, 03:48 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
Star DAU Courses Available Online and For College Credit kvolivera 89 26,472 04-14-2021, 06:12 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  ACE credit for possible military enlistment? dfrecore 33 5,702 05-27-2020, 09:59 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
  Have a military education exit strategy. vetvso 26 5,591 05-07-2020, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  20% off Coopersmith for Active Military Zachcleigh 0 1,796 12-04-2019, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Zachcleigh
  AMU Reducing Military-Affiliated Master's Tuition to $250/credit (and free books) TheMaskedMutant 1 1,895 11-22-2019, 12:16 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Military Residency Requirement natshar 3 1,945 07-08-2019, 11:13 AM
Last Post: natshar
  Military waiver for residency charge at tesu Zachcleigh 4 2,309 05-09-2019, 07:59 AM
Last Post: ECH90
  TESU database of military credits? dfrecore 8 3,433 02-14-2019, 01:00 AM
Last Post: dfrecore