Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior College - Official Unofficial Evaluation
I am 99% complete evaluating my Unofficial Evaluation.

I have been evaluated for the BMI (Business MIS) and the BSLS (Liberal Studies)

Here is what I have remaining for the BSLS:

Quote:21 UL Arts and Sciences
1 LL Information Literacy
Here is what I have remaining for the BMI:

Quote:GEN ED 31 Credits

18 credits Arts and Sciences (to include)
Macroeconomics
Microeconomics
Statistics
Ethics (UL)
Organizational Behavior (UL Social Science)

13 credits Free Electives (to include)
Information Literacy

BUSINESS COMPONENT 28 Credits

24 credits Business (to include)
Introduction to Accounting I (Financial)
Introduction to Accounting II (Managerial)
Business Law
Managerial Finance or Finance Management
Introduction to Management
Introduction to Marketing
Production/Operations Management
Business Policy**

4 Credits in BMI subjects to include
A Business Programming Language
Database Management
Systems Analysis and Design

This looks very reasonable if I decide to go with Excelsior.
TESC is still in process of getting back to me on my evaluation (take 5-6 weeks)
The Arts & Sciences I plan to take so far include:

ECE - Ethics: Theory & Practice (3 UL)
ECE - Organizational Behavior (3 UL)
DANTES - Civil War and Reconstruction (3 UL)
DANTES - Money and Banking (3 UL)
DANTES - Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union (3 UL)

I have 2 more to choose, out of the following list:

ECE - Abnormal Psychology (3 UL)
ECE - Foundations of Gerontology (3 UL)
ECE - Psychology of Adulthood & Aging (3 UL)
ECE - Research Methods in Psychology (3 UL)
ECE - Social Psychology (3 UL)
ECE - World Population (3 UL)

These 21 credits, along with the Information Literacy course, should cover ALL requirements for the BSLS, and all Gen Ed requirements for BMI other than macro/micro/statistics

I am currently awaiting feedback from Excelsior about the ICCP: IT Core Exam to see if it will fulfill the Database Management and Systems Analysis portions of the BMI IT Subject, and awaiting feedback on which Microsoft Exams will fulfill the Programming requirement.

Once the BSLS and IT Requirements are fulfilled, I only have the macro/micro/statistics/business courses to focus on.
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]Have you considered just getting started with what you absolutely need to take now rather than waiting to decide on EC, TESC, or COSC?

It looks as though you have some "must have" exams planned out so why not get to work on them now and start earning and building your own personal credit bank?

Just a thought..... :confused:

Good Luck![/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
ShotoJuku Wrote:Have you considered just getting started with what you absolutely need to take now rather than waiting to decide on EC, TESC, or COSC?

It looks as though you have some "must have" exams planned out so why not get to work on them now and start earning and building your own personal credit bank?

Just a thought..... :confused:

Good Luck!

hilarious I have been, and it's been gruesome!

I've taken 5 IT exams (CompTIA and Microsoft) since applying to EC and TESC, and I have 2 more to go (ICCP: IT Core Exam, Microsoft Programming Exam).

In total, my IT Certifications will count toward 15 credits BMI requirements, 9 UL BSLS Requirements, and 16 LL BSLS Requirements.

So, if anyone has IT Certifications, they might want to check out Excelsior, since mine counted for 25 credits.

They also count toward Graduate courses at Aspen University and Charles Sturt University.

I'm now:

CompTIA - A+, Network+, Security+, i-net+
Microsoft - MCP (NT4, 2000, 2003), MCSA+Security 2003, MCDBA SQL 2000, MCSE (NT4, 2000, 2003), MCSE+Security 2003

Each Microsoft exam costs $125 and each is worth an average of 2 credits at Excelsior.

I eat, sleep, and breathe this stuff, and can't wait to start getting into non-technical courses.

Once I finish up the IT stuff, I'll move on to the exams that fulfill both EC's and TESC's Liberal Studies requirements.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New TESU evaluation and Shmoop equivalencies badooble 42 14,454 09-13-2018, 11:35 PM
Last Post: Supermind
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,814 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Unofficial DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, etc dcan 43 26,798 08-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: elenlushk
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 1,801 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,131 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,852 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 1 1,264 07-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 0 943 07-19-2018, 02:06 PM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,583 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  Excelsior annual fees homeschoolmom1 1 1,235 07-14-2018, 11:27 PM
Last Post: dfrecore