Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior Nursing Program
KM,

You seem to like to straddle the fence between acceptable and unacceptable behavior, I have refereed the matter to the forum owner. In the meantime I remind you that we are an inclusive and welcoming group...you don't seem able to play nice with others...this will not continue, please modify your continued abrasive behavior so that we don't have to. The common element in the recent discord seems to be you.

Please govern yourself accordingly...
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
KittenMittens,

I started to simply take out your inflammatory statements and leave the useful information but I found it onerous as you sprinkle the inflammatory in with the useful...I will simply delete your future posts that depart from common courtesy.

I will do the same for any other fire starters, and the ban button is only clicks away....be nice or play somewhere else.

Thanks,

Reb
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
rebel100 Wrote:KittenMittens,

I started to simply take out your inflammatory statements and leave the useful information but I found it onerous as you sprinkle the inflammatory in with the useful...I will simply delete your future posts that depart from common courtesy.

I will do the same for any other fire starters, and the ban button is only clicks away....be nice or play somewhere else.

Thanks,

Reb

Rebel,

I apologize if my actions antagonized any situation. I perhaps had a moment of weakness and likely no excuse. I am here for the sole purpose of learning more about higher education and seeking to assist others in that regard. This forum has helped me greatly and I owe it a lot. As I have stated earlier I will refrain from arguing with KittenMittens and for that matter any other forum members. If I see anything derogatory I will proceed with the appropriate action of reporting them to assigned personnel. Sorry for any issues that may have occurred. Thanks.
A.A.S. IN RESPIRATORY CARE (LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE): 2007
A.A. IN SOCIAL SCIENCE (LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE): 2015
B.S.A.S.T IN RESPIRATORY CARE (TESU) 2015
Thank you to everyone who took the time to reply. As for some background information I an an LPN and have been for almost five years. I chose Excelsior because of the flexibility it gives me, e.g. I'll be able to work full time, and it's the only online LPN- RN program. I won't have travel, hotel, and air expenses as there is a testing site in my city. The only GedEd credits that transferred were my math and writing. I am on allnurses as well and have been reading the threads, but they tend to focus on the nursing exams, FCCA and CPNE and I'm working on meeting the GedEd requirements hopefully by CLEP...
Mrs_Him Wrote:Thank you to everyone who took the time to reply. As for some background information I an an LPN and have been for almost five years. I chose Excelsior because of the flexibility it gives me, e.g. I'll be able to work full time, and it's the only online LPN- RN program. I won't have travel, hotel, and air expenses as there is a testing site in my city. The only GedEd credits that transferred were my math and writing. I am on allnurses as well and have been reading the threads, but they tend to focus on the nursing exams, FCCA and CPNE and I'm working on meeting the GedEd requirements hopefully by CLEP...

Welcome and congratulations for getting rolling! Gen Eds will be straightforward, you won't have any trouble matching CLEP exams to your requirements.
Mrs-Him,
I like Excelsior. If you are intersted in alternatives and live in Texas Lamar PA has an online lvn to rn with clinicals in the city you live in.
Most or all of the UL requirements in the BSN are fulfilled by nursing courses. I vaguely recall a specific writing requirement that is UL? It seems that any other gen-ed requirement could be completed by testing or one of the many other alternatives discussed in these forums.

Here is another option you might want to consider,

Indiana State University : Department of Baccalaureate Nursing Completion : LPN-BS
CLEP: Principles of Management (70), Info Systems and Computer Applications (61), Principles of Marketing (66), American Government (52), Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (56), Introductory Sociology (69), Introductory Psychology (69), Introduction to Educational Psychology (68), Human Growth and Development (68) DSST: Drug and Alcohol Abuse (60), Here's to Your Health (455), Introduction to World Religions (469), Management Information Systems (415), Ethics in America (443), Criminal Justice (434) ECE: Abnormal Psychology (B), Organizational Behavior (B) STRAIGHTERLINE: Business Statistics, Medical Terminology

BS Nursing, WGU - In progress
BS Liberal Studies, Excelsior - Need Capstone, on hold.
AS Nursing, St. Petersburg College - Dec. 2014
AA, Coastline Community College - Aug. 2009
Further, Indiana State University accepts credit by examination which could fulfill gen-ed requirements. I also found information regarding their "nursing challenge exams." I don't know for certain, but I would not be surprised if these are actually Excelsior exams.

http://www.indstate.edu/lpn-bs/pdfs/bnc-...packet.pdf

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,963 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 1,822 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,161 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,910 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 1 1,277 07-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 0 956 07-19-2018, 02:06 PM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  Excelsior annual fees homeschoolmom1 1 1,255 07-14-2018, 11:27 PM
Photo Shmoop Excelsior Evaluations In ReyMysterioso 0 1,768 06-27-2018, 10:20 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Excelsior College awarded 245K for Advanced Nuclear Project Life Long Learning 1 1,215 06-25-2018, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Excelsior College ranked #1 Life Long Learning 11 3,382 06-21-2018, 07:57 PM
Last Post: miah