Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior business degree plan
I went to the Excelsior wiki and I didn’t find much information to make a degree plan. I contacted the college and they told me they would accept my associates degree from Ashworth College in General Business. I want a degree plan for the upper level courses and the free electives suggestions. Any suggestions from anyone in the group would be helpful. I want to major in the bachelor of science in business at Excelsior.
So, it's not much help to know that "they will accept" your degree, because that gives you very little info on the more important part: what they will bring your credits in as. Yes, they accept NA credits. Awesome. You're halfway to a BSB. BUT, which courses you took, so that you can make a degree plan, is much more important.

Much better to list all of your courses here.

List by Course #, FULL course name, number of credits, and grade if less than a C-.
repeat until all courses are here
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
@desireelws50, you've been a member for a while and most of your posts are questions, we don't know your situation. Laddering up from the Ashworth Associates to an Excelsior Bachelors is a recommendation, but you can also look at others once we get more info from you. You really should fill in the template and last page addendum, provide us as much info as possible for us to assist you the best we can: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
OR 110- Acheiving Academic excellence 3 credits A grade
C10 Intro to computer (Transfer from Regionally accredited college over 10 years) A grade
English 120- English Comp. 1( 3 credits) A grade
SO245 Social Impact of Technology 3 credits A grade
C15- Principal of management 3 credits A grade

Semester 2
Eng130- English comp 2 (3 credits) A grade
Sc160- Biology 3 credits A grade ( transfer from regionally accredited college) 10 years old- Elective credit
Co5 Business communication transfer credit- I took Business English in its place A grade
C06- Business Ethics 3 credits C grade
A01- Intro to Accounting (transfer from Regionally accredited college over 10 years old) 3 credits grade B

Semester 3
C04 into to psychology (Transfer) 3 credit A grade
Electives: AR300- Art History credits 3 credits b grade
C16- Principal of marketing 3 credits A grade
C07- Personal Finances 3 credits A grade
C13- microeconomic 3 credits A grade

Semester 4
Ma240 college Algebra- transfer credit over 10 years old)
3 credits B grade
Sp180 Principal of public Speaking 3 credits transfer (over ten years old from Regionally accredited college) A grade
C12- Business Law 3 credits B grade
H03: Electives: Medical Terminology 3 credits - transfer
H04: Anatomy & Physiology 1 3 credits B grade transfer

30 transfer credit came from Williston State College. The rest of the credits came from Ashworth College. The credits from Williston State College are over 10 years old and mostly general education credit. Ashworth College accepted them. I plan to major in Business of science for my future bachelor degree. I’m looking for mostly good suggestions for my junior and senior year at Excelsior. I’m 37 years old and want a degree to hopefully work in Technology Sales or the insurance industry as a claims adjuster.
(11-14-2022, 09:16 PM)desireelws50 Wrote: OR 110- Acheiving Academic excellence 3 credits A grade
C10 Intro to computer (Transfer from Regionally accredited college over 10 years) A grade
English 120- English Comp. 1( 3 credits) A grade
SO245 Social Impact of Technology 3 credits A grade
C15- Principal of management 3 credits A grade

Semester 2
Eng130- English comp 2 (3 credits) A grade
Sc160- Biology 3 credits A grade ( transfer from regionally accredited college) 10 years old- Elective credit
Co5 Business communication transfer credit- I took Business English in its place A grade
C06- Business Ethics 3 credits C grade
A01- Intro to Accounting (transfer from Regionally accredited college over 10 years old) 3 credits grade B

Semester 3
C04 into to psychology (Transfer) 3 credit A grade
Electives: AR300- Art History credits 3 credits b grade
C16- Principal of marketing 3 credits A grade
C07- Personal Finances 3 credits  A grade
C13- microeconomic 3 credits A grade

Semester 4
Ma240 college Algebra- transfer credit  over 10 years old)
3 credits B grade
Sp180 Principal of public Speaking 3 credits transfer (over ten years old from Regionally accredited college) A grade
C12- Business Law 3 credits B grade
H03: Electives: Medical Terminology 3 credits - transfer
H04: Anatomy & Physiology 1 3 credits B grade transfer

30 transfer credit came from Williston State College. The rest of the credits came from Ashworth College. The credits from Williston State College are over 10 years old and mostly general education credit. Ashworth College accepted them. I plan to major in Business of science for my future bachelor degree. I’m looking for mostly good suggestions for my junior and senior year at Excelsior. I’m 37 years old and want a degree to hopefully work in Technology Sales or the insurance industry as a claims adjuster.

Edit your post - and list courses you took at each school separately (EU will not look at transfer credits, they will look at the original transcript).  Don't split by term, just list courses by school.

Make sure your courses from Williston State College are listed by what THAT school lists them as - course number and full course name, because that does matter.  What Ashworth brought them in as is irrelevant.  For EU, that Business English course name WILL be important (they've stopped accepting English Comp II and want Business Writing instead).

Oh, and list the actual years you took your courses (general). EU will accept courses for the BSB that are 15 years old or newer. So "greater than 10 years old" is not as important as "less than 15 years old."
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Any particular reason you want EU over UMPI? UMPI has several options for business degrees.
(11-15-2022, 11:36 AM)ss20ts Wrote: Any particular reason you want EU over UMPI? UMPI has several options for business degrees.

Probably because Ashworth is NA.
(11-15-2022, 05:56 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 11:36 AM)ss20ts Wrote: Any particular reason you want EU over UMPI? UMPI has several options for business degrees.

Probably because Ashworth is NA.

UMPI has accepted some NA credit.

ETA: Ashworth is in the transfer database. They've accepted quite a few courses from them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bachelors of Science in Business BigJohn1975 8 325 03-26-2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Payment Plan Robinred2404 3 235 03-25-2024, 09:50 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 416 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  Transfer 113 to BS in Business (General Business Concentration) mcvjones 3 275 03-15-2024, 03:15 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree Planning Advice For Research (Upper Level) Credit Dnightowl 4 515 01-30-2024, 10:46 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has excelsior accepted CSM math recently? CM1999 6 941 01-11-2024, 10:16 PM
  So disappointed in Excelsior. Should I bail or suck it up for the last class? profstudent 22 5,591 12-06-2023, 02:03 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  New Change to Enrollment at Excelsior U. -- Not Good milah1 12 1,652 10-20-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Working towards BPS Business GameSlinger 17 2,067 08-09-2023, 12:05 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Excelsior University BS in Liberal Arts Upper Credit Transfer Options Niketay 13 2,320 07-05-2023, 10:22 AM