Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Excelsior - eval help
Hi, I received my unofficial evaluation report from EC(Bachelor of Science in Technology, Computer Technologies). I need another 52 credits in Arts & Science area. Appreciate if experts on this forum can guide me to complete my degree. I want to complete my degree as soon as I can.So I am looking for easiest exams. I am not intending to take any course.
Also, I was told that this is just an unofficial evaluation and actual evaluation will happen only after enrollment. Does that mean that EC might remove/add credits during the actual evaluation?

Program: Bachelor of Science in Technology, Computer Technologies
ARTS AND SCIENCES (60 SEMESTER HOURS) TO INCLUDE:
Communications Requirements
Communications 3.00
Written English 6.00 <== (I believe I have to take Excelsior Exam)
Humanities and Social Sciences/History Requirements
Ethics 3.00
Humanities Electives 3.00
Social Sciences/History 1.00
Humanities and Social Science/History Electives 3.00
Natural Sciences and Mathematics Requirements
Natural Sciences 9.00
Mathematics at the level of College Algebra or higher 12.00 <== (I hope I can use ALEKS, but I am not sure how many of them can be transferred without conflict)
Arts and Sciences Electives
Arts and Sciences Electives 12.00
Total Arts and Sciences Component 52.00
Information Literacy 1.00 <== ( Penfoster info literacy)

TECHNOLOGY COMPONENT
Area of Focus 0.00
Upper Level Area of Focus credits 0.00
Integrated Technology Assessment (3 credits upper level Area of Focus) 3.00
Technical Electives 0.75
Upper Level Technical Elective credits 0.00
Computer Language/Programming or Computer Applications 0.00
Total Technology Component 3.75

thanks
B.S
Can someone help me out?

bs13 Wrote:Hi, I received my unofficial evaluation report from EC(Bachelor of Science in Technology, Computer Technologies). I need another 52 credits in Arts & Science area. Appreciate if experts on this forum can guide me to complete my degree. I want to complete my degree as soon as I can.So I am looking for easiest exams. I am not intending to take any course.
Also, I was told that this is just an unofficial evaluation and actual evaluation will happen only after enrollment. Does that mean that EC might remove/add credits during the actual evaluation?

Program: Bachelor of Science in Technology, Computer Technologies
ARTS AND SCIENCES (60 SEMESTER HOURS) TO INCLUDE:
Communications Requirements
Communications 3.00
Written English 6.00 <== (I believe I have to take Excelsior Exam)
Humanities and Social Sciences/History Requirements
Ethics 3.00
Humanities Electives 3.00
Social Sciences/History 1.00
Humanities and Social Science/History Electives 3.00
Natural Sciences and Mathematics Requirements
Natural Sciences 9.00
Mathematics at the level of College Algebra or higher 12.00 <== (I hope I can use ALEKS, but I am not sure how many of them can be transferred without conflict)
Arts and Sciences Electives
Arts and Sciences Electives 12.00
Total Arts and Sciences Component 52.00
Information Literacy 1.00 <== ( Penfoster info literacy)

TECHNOLOGY COMPONENT
Area of Focus 0.00
Upper Level Area of Focus credits 0.00
Integrated Technology Assessment (3 credits upper level Area of Focus) 3.00
Technical Electives 0.75
Upper Level Technical Elective credits 0.00
Computer Language/Programming or Computer Applications 0.00
Total Technology Component 3.75

thanks
B.S
I'm not sure about the technology component, but this might work for the Arts and Sciences part. Good luck with your studies!

Communications: DSST Principles of Public Speaking 3
Written English: ECE English Composition 6
Ethics: DSST Ethics in America 3
Humanities electives: CLEP Humanities or CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Lit 6 (3 to Art/Sci electives)
Social Science/ History and HSS/H electives: CLEP Social Science 6 (2 to Art/Sci electives)
Natural Science and Mathematics: CLEP Natural Sciences 6, CLEP Biology 6, CLEP Chemistry 6 (pick 2 of 3, the extra 3 hours go to Art/Sci electives)
Mathematics: ALEKS College Algebra 3, ALEKS Trigonometry 3, ALEKS Intro to Statistics 3, CLEP Calculus 3 (or ask if advisor if EC will accept the above with ALEKS Precalculus 3)
Arts and Sciences electives: You have 8 listed above. You could try getting your advisor to approve ALEKS Beginning and Intermediate Algebra for 6 more. If you decide to try this, be sure to take all the ALEKS classes in order of difficulty. You could also take another of the CLEP general exams above for 6 hours.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
Thank you so much! Do I need to confirm with adviser if CLEP or DSST exams will work for arts/science credits? I was hoping that I could use 3 Saylor courses to satisfy some of the missing credits. In technology area, all I have to do is capstone.

thanks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 1,802 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,135 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,859 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 1 1,266 07-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 0 945 07-19-2018, 02:06 PM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  Excelsior annual fees homeschoolmom1 1 1,243 07-14-2018, 11:27 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
Photo Shmoop Excelsior Evaluations In ReyMysterioso 0 1,750 06-27-2018, 10:20 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Excelsior College awarded 245K for Advanced Nuclear Project Life Long Learning 1 1,202 06-25-2018, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Excelsior College ranked #1 Life Long Learning 11 3,341 06-21-2018, 07:57 PM
Last Post: miah
  Quick Question about Excelsior hsfamfun 5 1,815 06-21-2018, 03:05 PM
Last Post: radconjohn