Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excited to be studying for CLEPs again!
Thanks Linda. I figured the discussions would be tedious. The subject does worry me since I am a skeptic and a scientific thinker and I don't believe in the global warming anticapitalistic rhetoric that is probably required to do well in this class. Al Gore should give back his novel prize.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
ryoder Wrote:Thanks Linda. I figured the discussions would be tedious. The subject does worry me since I am a skeptic and a scientific thinker and I don't believe in the global warming anticapitalistic rhetoric that is probably required to do well in this class. Al Gore should give back his novel prize.

There is actually a tremendous body of science backing global warming. It's definitely real. Unfortunately the green movement has been grossly hijacked by the anti-capitalist/marxist/communist movement worldwide for a few decades now. That means most proposals for fixes take the form of "social justice" rhetoric as well, and most opposition then comes from business and conservative circles who are often anti-science anyway, and certainly funded by corporate interests that want unlimited rights to re-create Bhopal if necessary for profits.

From the FOUNDER of Greenpeace:

Quote:As Moore sees it, the composition of Greenpeace has changed dramatically since his heyday. He says the fall of communism brought an influx of anti-corporate extremism to the environmental movement because, "suddenly, the international peace movement had a lot less to do. Pro-Soviet groups in the West were discredited. Many of their members moved into the environmental movement, bringing with them their eco-Marxism and pro-Sandinista sentiments.

"A lot of those in the peace movement were anti-American and, to an extent, pro-Soviet. By virtue of their anti-Americanism, they tended to sometimes favor the communist approach. A lot of those people, a lot of those social activists, moved into the environmental movement once the peace movement was no longer relevant." Social activists, he suggests, "are now using the rhetoric of environmentalism to promote other collectivist agendas, such as class struggle -- which I personally believe is a legitimate area, but I don't believe it's legitimate to mix it up with environmentalism."

Source: A green activist changes colors | Insight on the News Newspaper | Find Articles at BNET

Little wonder we see Van Jones working in "green jobs"...

Left vs Right, and we get screwed from both ends. Sad
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
Actually when I took the ciurse I found the book very well rounded. It was not spewing just the Global Warming the world is going to melt stuff. They gave some thought to the other side that says we have had these kinds of temperature changes before and it does not have to mean the world is over. I learned a lot about population controll, economic plannig, resource conservation and other Global Environmental issues. I used my papers to try to make others see the possibilities, not just go with the hard core Global Warming, Carbon credits are good, or stop all greenhouse gases immediately. I felt this class helped strech my thinking processes. I just had a problem responding to the people who swalled what Gore had said in his book and movie. They had bought the whole thing hook line and sinker.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Thanks for the info. I am reading the instantcert race to save the planet cards now in my spare time. Did that info help you on the 6cr class?

Dcan - nice quote there. I do know Van Jones is a marxist. Its nice to see someone from the environmentalist side making the connection. I didn't realize they had nothing to do after the wall was torn down and communism fell. It all makes more sense now.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
Ryan I did it the other way around took the class and did all the work there. Then I did the DSST and it was a breeze.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You know you've been studying too much when... rachel83az 4 930 08-31-2020, 11:11 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Perfect Studying Website? DefaultUser 20 3,376 07-04-2017, 12:31 PM
Last Post: adrianeraldo
  Patten Diploma Arrived but am not excited Saharapost 38 3,954 07-17-2016, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Saharapost
  cleps vs reagents mez613 1 826 02-11-2015, 10:18 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Biggest drawback to studying? burbuja0512 17 2,376 03-28-2011, 05:44 PM
Last Post: ryoder
  To Really Learn, Quit Studying and Take a Test motuterry 4 1,761 01-22-2011, 09:18 PM
Last Post: ryoder
  iphone Apps for studying? greathomes 5 1,894 11-27-2009, 02:22 AM
Last Post: daniellevine
  Today's my last 2 CLEPs beckycan 3 1,455 08-03-2007, 11:42 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Comic Relief for those studying Rise and Fall of Soviet Union beckysharp 0 1,832 05-11-2006, 07:10 PM
Last Post: beckysharp