Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iphone Apps for studying?
Hello All!

I am getting back on course for continuing my degree. I have recently bought a new iphone and was wondering if any one has used or thought about using iphone apps for studing for clep and dsst tests?
You have to buy the app for a couple of $. But is it of any use? Has it helped anyone pass thier exam?

I think they work much the same as flash cards, but can be used while on the go rather than waiting to sit at the computer.

Any iphone users out there?
I've got an Ipod Touch that I use, but as far as CLEP/DSST related studying the only thing I've really used on it has been the Kindle Reader and books relating to the subject. I have purchased the Kaplan CLEP book available for Kindle.

I've thought about the flash card type apps, but I couldn't find out much about the quality of the information.
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Wile E. Coyote, genius. I am not selling anything nor am I working my way through college, so let's get down to basics: you are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away, I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are, and I am a genius, while you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten, so I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers.

Bachelor of Science in PsychoRabbitology degree
Master of Education with a specialty in Rabbit-specific destructive munitions (or eLearning & Technology, I forget which)
Doctor of Philosophy in Wile E. Leadership with an area of specialty in Acme Mind Expansion - 2017 Hopefully
A family member told me about this website with mobile study guides:

MobileReference.com - Software and e-Books for Smartphones, PDA, and Mobile Devices - Travel Guides, Quick-Study Guides, Encyclopedia, History, the Holy Bible, and more - Windows Mobile Pocket PC, Windows Mobile Smartphone, Palm, BlackBerry, Symbian

They are not free, but free trial versions are available. I have not used them, but they do look interesting. They work on a lot of devices.

If anybody tries it, please let us know what you think.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
I was told by someone that you can download flashcards from iTunes by typing ExamBust:A++ into the iTune store search engine. It does cost, but it sounded like they were great resources. Maybe worth looking into. Smile
~Brittany

From 0 to 120 credits in ten months and seven days because of CollegePlus! and InstantCert!!!

AHHHH!!!!!!!! I DID IT!!!!!!!! Graduation, here I come!

"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save." ~Zephaniah 3:17
Just curious, how does InstantCert look on the iPhone browser? Is it too small to be used well? That would be cool to have a mobile version of the site for IC flashcard learning on the go with an iPhone, Blackberry, Palm Pre, etc...
M.S. University of Wisconsin-Platteville In Progress
M.S. University of Maryland University College 2011
B.S. Southern Illinois University, Carbondale 2008

CLEP's passed:
College Mathematics
English Composition (w/o essay)
Information Systems and Computer Applications
Natural Sciences
Social Sciences and History

DSST's passed:
Ethics in America

General Anthropology
jaer57 Wrote:Just curious, how does InstantCert look on the iPhone browser? Is it too small to be used well? That would be cool to have a mobile version of the site for IC flashcard learning on the go with an iPhone, Blackberry, Palm Pre, etc...

It looks exactly like in your pc browser. It's a little cumbersome to type in the answers, but it does work.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  iPhone 15, the most revolutionary design since... LevelUP 8 648 09-26-2023, 09:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  PDF Converter by Readdle (Free for ios - ipad/iphone) bjcheung77 0 700 01-10-2022, 02:02 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  You know you've been studying too much when... rachel83az 4 920 08-31-2020, 11:11 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  iPhone SE 2020 - Most Affordable iPhone $399 bjcheung77 4 1,178 04-16-2020, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  Perfect Studying Website? DefaultUser 20 3,358 07-04-2017, 12:31 PM
Last Post: adrianeraldo
  InstantCert iPhone App.. seanmathews 14 2,043 12-13-2012, 07:31 PM
Last Post: OtherSyde
  iPhone 4 5.1 STG 1 703 06-13-2012, 08:34 PM
Last Post: bricabrac
  Excited to be studying for CLEPs again! ryoder 24 3,227 06-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Lindagerr
  Biggest drawback to studying? burbuja0512 17 2,324 03-28-2011, 05:44 PM
Last Post: ryoder
  To Really Learn, Quit Studying and Take a Test motuterry 4 1,736 01-22-2011, 09:18 PM
Last Post: ryoder