Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exploring post-BA options
Those other ones are more discussed around here and are known to be NA. I don't see Cal Coast mentioned often (if ever?) so I was just mentioning because it very much matters to many folks here

I like their setup. I was considering taking their MA in Psych as a hobby project sometime in the future if my employer doesn't eventually cutoff my tuition reimbursement Big Grin
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • jb111
(01-07-2019, 02:52 PM)jsd Wrote: Those other ones are more discussed around here and are known to be NA. I don't see Cal Coast mentioned often (if ever?) so I was just mentioning because it very much matters to many folks here

I like their setup. I was considering taking their MA in Psych as a hobby project sometime in the future if my employer doesn't eventually cutoff my tuition reimbursement Big Grin

Thank you.  NA is OK with me but RA preferred

The introduction of all these institutions is making me wonder: If I started with UOPeople, do you think another RA school would accept transfer units?  Would be a nice way to land an MBA at a reasonably named school
Most schools don't take many transfer credits at the Masters level. Generally only 3 or 6 credits, sometimes 9. I don't think I have seen more than that.

Most schools also don't take NA credits. There are about a dozen schools that do. Some are not low cost schools, however. I found it too expensive in many cases. For example, Liberty University takes a lot of transfer credits compared to others, but the credits you can't transfer are like $665/cr. So for many degrees, it's better to attend a school that's $350/credit.

I'll do some searching.  Looks like California Coast only accepts 6 NA credits
I am going to put this on the back burner until I receive my TESU degree in March. Big CHFI cert to study for till then. I placed a couple inquiries to:
Liberty - Which Brandman and NAU classes will they accept. This could serve as a parachute in case I don’t finish in six months. My veteran discount at Liberty helps

NAU - Can they give me a list of books prior to starting the program. If so, I’d love to have 6 to 8 weeks for prep. There is always MOOCS. However, it can be hard to match to the class sometimes

And of course, still considering waiting a while, since finances will remain tight.

Will put those updates here if anyone’s interested. Thanks
[-] The following 1 user Likes jb111's post:
  • Life_One
For the MCIT: I'm asking NAU if they are self-paced or self-paced, "With competency". Do you think that's a legit question? I see self-paced as having to go through each and every module before hitting the quiz/test/paper - kind of a speed limiter. Whereas competency would allow skipping over things you already know and going straight to the assignment. Perfect for me since Information Assurance is essentially what I've been doing for 15 years.
A great way to do this is have a pre-assessment for every chapter/module if you get X scope or higher, the lesson is optional. Is that how WGU is?
WGU is competency by your definition.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

Interesting.  I just talked to WGU.  Because I am CEH (and soon to be CHFI) certified, that will give me credit toward the Cybersecurity and Information Assurance degree.  I don't think NAU will do that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jb111's post:
  • jsd

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Duke Student Blog Post ThatBankDude 1 227 03-04-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Comp Sci (or related) Masters? Options? techmama 17 2,976 03-02-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: KMcLean
  Analysis paralysis options jb111 5 427 02-13-2024, 11:49 AM
  Time to start thinking post grad, and don’t know where to start Insert Name 7 955 07-09-2023, 10:43 AM
  Master of Healthcare Administration - options? allvia 4 765 05-10-2023, 08:19 PM
Last Post: CatsDomino
  UT Austin post graduate cert Data Science and Business Analytics Pats20 4 1,392 01-12-2023, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  MSCS options ElephantCart 14 1,863 08-27-2022, 02:12 PM
  MS Data Science/Data Analytics options? Latesterna 24 3,724 06-08-2022, 02:03 PM
  List My Master's Degree Options TINASAM 11 1,853 06-08-2022, 01:55 PM
  Masters degree options after BSBA at TESU schlocker 7 1,355 05-23-2022, 06:11 AM
Last Post: freeloader