Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FREE TUITION! for an undergrad degree 100%
At colorado state university they will offer in july 100% tuition to online degrees for military. As long as you served at least 36mths active duty since 9/11. This doesNOT use a gi bill. U can use that later or send it to your kids.
2nd they also offer for those who will attend on campus classes 100% plus 4-5000$ for housing PER semmester! Also not having to use your gi bill... on top of this awesome deal they will also give you 1000$ towards books.. the 1st ever free ride.

This does not apply for a graduate level degree however. I believe its a great tool to use for the undergrad and than use the post 9/11 gibill to do a masters and maybe start a phd.
Beginning algebra- ALEKS
Intermediate algebra- ALEKS
College algebra-ALEKS
Precalculus-ALEKS
Intro to statistics-ALEKS
Trigonometry-Aleks
Business statistics-Aleks
BS- Western Michigan University- April 28, 2012
2nd Lieutenant- Dec 14, 2012
Thanks for the info (although I can't benefit from it), and kudos to CSU for a great offer.
I'm tring to find out what discounted rates they give grad students and if its possible to get a 2nd BA or BS under that online program for free.
Beginning algebra- ALEKS
College algebra-ALEKS
Precalculus-ALEKS
Trigonometry-Aleks
wow and wow again! I'm sending this to a friend right now!
can you provide a link outlining this. If I can get in on this, you just made my day....im mean week....month.....you just made my year!!!
I think this is it....VA Yellow Ribbon Program - Admissions - Colorado State University

Who is considered a "qualified student"?
•Individuals with 100% entitlement to Post 9-11 GI Bill benefits
•Undergraduate students (e.g., BA, BS)
•Child dependent of active duty service member or veteran who has transferred entitlement and who will not otherwise qualify for Colorado residency
•Honorably discharged veterans (unless GI Promise eligible)

Who is not eligible?
•Active duty personnel and their spouses
•Honorably discharged veterans who are GI Promise eligible
•Graduate/professional level students (e.g., MA, MS, PhD, DVM); GI Promise may be possible
•Child dependents of individuals with less than 100% Post 9-11 GI Bill entitlement or GI Bill Benefits other than Post 9-11; other benefits may apply
•Students who can qualify for Colorado residency

What's covered?
•Effective August 2011, the VA pays the equivalent of resident tuition plus 50% of the difference between resident tuition and non-resident tuition and CSU partners to cover the remaining 50% of the difference between resident tuition and non-resident.
•The VA also pays all mandatory fees, a monthly housing allowance & a book stipend
•Students/families must fund all non-mandatory fees, such as room & board and parking.
•Students who wish to be considered for need-based financial aid (grants, work-study, student/parent loans) to help with their share of the cost of attendance should complete the FAFSA as soon after January 1 as possible (March 1 is the priority date for fall semester financial aid awards to begin). Federal financial aid guidelines allow need-based aid to be awarded even when VA benefits are in place.

What must I submit to be eligible for VA Yellow Ribbon benefits?
•For child dependents who do not otherwise qualify for Colorado residency: Either proof of transfer of entitlement and a copy of VA Application 22-1990E OR student's "Certificate of Eligibility" (once student is age 18 and has graduated from high school). There is no deadline to apply for VA Yellow Ribbon benefits, but students/families are encouraged to provide documentation to the CSU Benefits Certification Official as soon as possible after the student is admitted.
•For honorably discharged veterans: Colorado GI Promise Bill benefits are recommended; contact the CSU Benefits Official to assess whether there are unique circumstances that recommend VA Yellow Ribbon over GI Promise benefits. Note that GI Promise Bill benefits must be in place by the first day of the semester, so students are advised to work with the Tuition Classification office to provide the necessary documentation as soon as possible after admission.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
the yellow ribbon still uses the gi bill. it just means that if the tuition is higher than the highest in-state public school, then the va and the school agree to pay the difference at no cost to the vet. but, it still eats away at the gi bill benefits.
http://militaryadvantage.military.com/20...niversity/
Beginning algebra- ALEKS
College algebra-ALEKS
Precalculus-ALEKS
Trigonometry-Aleks
ffdpsoldier Wrote:http://militaryadvantage.military.com/20...niversity/

The comments attached to that link indicate there is something amiss. I think it's worth pursuing, but I would need something more concrete than news stories.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
It looks from the comments that this is a complete misunderstanding of the Yellow Ribbon program. Sad that the "Military Enquirer" hasn't corrected the article.
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reserve: Tuition Assistance Info bjcheung77 0 1,156 12-24-2021, 05:04 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Nuclear Associates Degree natshar 20 4,754 10-02-2021, 03:04 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  Army Tuition Aid Stalled Alpha 0 1,176 06-13-2021, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Alpha
  Free Online CLEP Training Alpha 2 1,862 01-12-2021, 06:47 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Tuition Discounts for VETS? terryd5150 10 3,948 05-25-2020, 02:42 AM
Last Post: Not_a_robot_101
  AMU Reducing Military-Affiliated Master's Tuition to $250/credit (and free books) TheMaskedMutant 1 1,874 11-22-2019, 12:16 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AF Commission with TESU Degree TESUAF 15 4,347 08-30-2019, 02:14 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Free Coding bootcamps for veterans: VET TEC program through the VA MNomadic 10 4,225 06-22-2019, 09:21 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Busch Gardens or SeaWorld free for veterans MNomadic 0 1,364 05-20-2019, 11:35 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Free Courses for DOD 22gunsonfire 25 13,563 03-25-2019, 05:28 PM
Last Post: 22gunsonfire