None
57.45%
54 57.45%
Total 94 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failed/Extremely Hard Exams
My only failed test was Physical Geology. I failed by two points.
University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma - 32 credits
Oklahoma City Community College - 9 credits
Charter Oak State College - 3 credits
Penn Foster - 4 credits
BYU Public Speaking (IS) - 3 credits
UP- 21 credits
FEMA - 14 credits
ALEKS - Beginning Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra/Trig, Intro to Statistics, Behavioral Science Statistics, and Business Statistics
CLEPS - Analyzing Lit (55), Human Growth and Development (65), Educational Psychology (63), American Lit (64)
DSSTS - Here's to Your Health (435), Environmental Science (58), Business Ethics (442)

Completed my COSC BS with a concentration in Psychology in Jan. 2012.
Completed Penn Foster Animal Care: Dogs Certificate in April 2012
Completed Penn Foster Natural Health Care for Pets Certificate in May 2012
I have never failed one, but have only needed to take 5 Dantes exams. I thought for sure that I would fail Modern Middle East after studying for only an hour, but after some intense critical thinking, I ended up passing by 1 point. So far, it's been the only difficult exam I've taken.

Whether or not you fail one or several, I feel like passing any of them speaks volumes of your abilities. You're essentially teaching yourself through a college degree. Some would call you a genius for that. ;-j
I've attempted 24 and passed 23 combined CLEPs/DSSTs. I failed English Comp w/ Essay twice before passing the third time, and failed American Gov and passed it the second time. The only one I didn't retake was Biology. I took the Biology CLEP after I had already taken and passed the course, and I failed the CLEP LOL. Since I didn't need it, I didn't retake it.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
esummer Wrote:I thought for sure that I would fail Modern Middle East after studying for only an hour, but after some intense critical thinking, I ended up passing by 1 point. So far, it's been the only difficult exam I've taken.

OMG that's my next exam and I am giving myself until July 10th to study! 7 weeks. If you're an actual genius please let me know, because if not, I'm going to take it much sooner, lol.
Lyanne

DSST (27)
Personal Finance - 448 Astronomy - 61 Civil War and Reconstruction - 68 History of Vietnam War - 68 Substance Abuse - 59 World Religions - 473 Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union - 55 Environment and Humanity: Race to Save the Planet -61 Intro to Modern Middle East - 58
CLEP (48)
American Literature-73 American Government-62 U.S. History I - 64 U.S. History II -73 A&I Literature - 75 Western Civ I - 58 Western Civ II - 61 English Literature - 67 Humanities -76 Intro Sociology - 62 Social Sciences & History - 69
Other (43)
English Composition, Literature & Composition, Art Appreciation, General Psychology, Intro to Anthropology, Abnormal Psychology, Travel Agency Operations, Advanced Hospitality (7 credits), Intro Computer Software, Digital Photography, War and American Society, TESC Capstone
ALEKS (3)
Intermediate Algebra

**Not official, but BA History at Thomas Edison State College!!!!!!*
Lyanne,

Study as long as you need until you feel ready. The exam wasnt easy, but it wasnt necessarily rocket science either. Im confident you will pass if you soak in the material. I used the free-clep-prep exam as my only study guide.
I've posted this several times, but I failed Macroeconomics with (if I remember correctly) a 48. It was totally due to overconfidence and reading that the test was easy. Yes, I'm sure it was easy for those that did a good job studying, but I did not. Lesson learned.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
I failed two; Statistcs (passed second time) and Environment and Humanity. I kept reading about how easy environment and humanity was so I went into it with very little prep. It's hard to not let failing get you off track!
Ann

January, 2009: Northeastern University, AS, Human Resources!

Tests Passed:
Labor Relations ECE: B
HR Management, ECE: B
Principles of Marketing CLEP: 67
Introductory Business Law CLEP: 68
Information Systems CLEP: 59
English Comp w/Essay CLEP: 60
Introductory Psychology CLEP: 61
Macroeconomics Clep: 54
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP: 72
College Math CLEP: 55
Here's to Your Health DSST: 426
Technical Writing DSST: 61
Business Ethics DSST: 444
Business Policy TECEP: Passed!
American Literature: 58
Principles of Supervision DSST: 456
Principles of Statistics DSST: 420

FEMA Courses Passed: 8

Penn Foster:
Business and Technical Writing: Done!
Art Appreciation: Done!

Straighterline:
Microeconomics: 72
Accounting 2: 73
US History: 83
Introductory Biology for Non-Majors: 79
I haven't failed a test yet! Trying to make it a personal goal to get through my TESC education without failing a test. Though, I'm sure my chances of failing will increase once I get to some of my high level buiseness classes like Money and Banking. I'm a little worried about my math tests as well, since I have always despised math with a passion.
I was too scared I would fail stats and finance so I took ALEKS and Penn Foster. Plus, I liked being able to do it from my home without going to the testing center.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
Though it's likely skewed, I still find it amazing that 2 out of 3 people who have tested have a 100% pass rate.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Passed All Eight Microsoft Fundamentals Exams sanantone 2 526 07-30-2022, 03:52 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  FMLA - Why is it so hard? MD_AJIBULU 10 2,261 09-13-2017, 12:24 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Traditional Education failed me...as well as famed creator Thomas Edison TESUAbroad 0 993 01-26-2017, 01:53 AM
Last Post: TESUAbroad
  When you fail to study before exams... Saharapost 22 3,631 04-25-2016, 06:47 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Yeah I failed thanks instantcert! Rescueswimmer85 41 9,464 08-27-2015, 09:13 PM
Last Post: ronaldemail1
  Home failed inspection.. miserably burbuja0512 21 2,997 02-28-2014, 08:01 PM
Last Post: merolpn
  Hard to Handle Birthdays? marianne202 18 2,006 09-20-2012, 07:11 PM
Last Post: OtherSyde
  Masters theis how hard? skybirds 7 1,459 02-20-2011, 03:16 PM
Last Post: irnbru
  Courses or Exams That Apply to Both Psychology and Sociology Majors Maniac Craniac 0 705 11-09-2010, 10:26 PM
Last Post: Maniac Craniac
  Help me plan out my winter testing - 2(or 3) DSST History Exams needgames4lyfe 6 2,136 10-16-2010, 01:31 PM
Last Post: needgames4lyfe