Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fall 2021 Session 1 -- What is YOURPace?
(10-13-2021, 06:43 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote:
(10-13-2021, 06:30 PM)carebear_007 Wrote:
(10-13-2021, 06:25 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote:
(10-13-2021, 06:02 PM)carebear_007 Wrote: More like 24...I thought maybe since we're in a time crunch she'd get back to me sooner. :/

They might (and many do connect with student ASAP), but are not otherwise obligated to be on call 24 hours a day. There is 72 hours rule, not 24.

Please don't be that kind of unreasonable student. I don't know who your professor is, but some of them teach multiple classes on campus and manage multiple classes with multiple students via YourPace. Show some mercy, professors are people too.

I didn't think I was being unreasonable given that the draft deadline doesn't extend on my end if she doesn't respond to me. Obviously, I'll just throw something together whether or not she responds just so I don't miss the draft deadline.

Well, technically, we have 7 weeks before the draft deadline hits - that's plenty of time to ask questions about finals. Now, I understand that you must have requested the class to be added later (as many of CBE students do, including myself), but still... it's almost the end of term, and again - your prof likely has multiple students and many of them ask time-sensitive questions right before the deadline. Please be patient. They are likely doing their best.

You can try emailing Jessica so she'll push Cody, so he'll push your professor...

You're right, this minor was a last minute add in so as to not let 2 weeks pass while I sit idle waiting for the next term. Even then with 2 courses at a time you technically don't have 7 weeks before deadline hits since you don't get to preview all FAs in advance. And yes, I understand that all of the teachers are doing their best. I simply came here to see if there's anything else I could do. When I first applied at UMPI, I sat patiently for weeks not hearing from them and I didn't want to bother them because I had heard how busy they were. Turns out, my application was overlooked. So please don't misinterpret my post here to other students as me being impatient. I'm merely looking to my peers who are the closest thing that I have as classmates for possible advice or encouragement.
[-] The following 1 user Likes carebear_007's post:
  • ss20ts
(10-13-2021, 06:49 PM)carebear_007 Wrote:
(10-13-2021, 06:25 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote:
(10-13-2021, 06:02 PM)carebear_007 Wrote: More like 24...I thought maybe since we're in a time crunch she'd get back to me sooner. :/

They might (and many do connect with student ASAP), but are not otherwise obligated to be on call 24 hours a day. There is 72 hours rule, not 24.

Please don't be that kind of unreasonable student. I don't know who your professor is, but some of them teach multiple classes on campus and manage multiple classes with multiple students via YourPace. Show some mercy, professors are people too.

I didn't think I was being unreasonable given that the draft deadline doesn't extend on my end if she doesn't respond to me. Obviously, I'll just throw something together whether or not she responds just so I don't miss the draft deadline.

Well, technically, we have 7 weeks before the draft deadline hits - that's plenty of time to ask questions about finals. Now, I understand that you must have requested the class to be added later (as many of CBE students do, including myself), but still... it's almost the end of term, and again - your prof likely has multiple students and many of them ask time-sensitive questions right before the deadline. Please be patient. They are likely doing their best.

You can try emailing Jessica so she'll push Cody, so he'll push your professor...

You're right, this minor was a last minute add in so as to not let 2 weeks pass while I sit idle waiting for the next term. Even then with 2 courses at a time you technically don't have 7 weeks before deadline hits since you don't get to preview all FAs in advance. And yes, I understand that all of the teachers are doing their best. I simply came here to see if there's anything else I could do. When I first applied at UMPI, I sat patiently for weeks not hearing from them and I didn't want to bother them because I had heard how busy they were. Turns out, my application was overlooked. So please don't misinterpret my post here to other students as me being impatient. I'm merely looking to my peers who are the closest thing that I have as classmates for possible advice or encouragement.

Yes, I understand, I'm sorry if I am overreacting. My partner used to teach at college(s), so reading about "my prof. hasn't responded in 24 hours" makes me feel very uneasy. You'd be surprised to know how often students act as if the entire world must submit to their orders.
You've been also doing your best and last-minute urgencies happen. I hope your professor will get back to your tomorrow.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
(10-13-2021, 06:43 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote: Well, technically, we have 7 weeks before the draft deadline hits - that's plenty of time to ask questions about finals. Now, I understand that you must have requested the class to be added later (as many of CBE students do, including myself), but still... it's almost the end of term, and again - your prof likely has multiple students and many of them ask time-sensitive questions right before the deadline. Please be patient. They are likely doing their best.

Actually, we don't have 7 weeks. We are only allowed to have 2 classes open at a time - with a few exceptions. You can't have access to all of your classes for the term when the term begins. Sometimes there are also issues with the files and I wasn't able to open the Final Assessment document. I had to ask Cody for it and that took a few days.
(10-13-2021, 09:27 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(10-13-2021, 06:43 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote: Well, technically, we have 7 weeks before the draft deadline hits - that's plenty of time to ask questions about finals. Now, I understand that you must have requested the class to be added later (as many of CBE students do, including myself), but still... it's almost the end of term, and again - your prof likely has multiple students and many of them ask time-sensitive questions right before the deadline. Please be patient. They are likely doing their best.

Actually, we don't have 7 weeks. We are only allowed to have 2 classes open at a time - with a few exceptions. You can't have access to all of your classes for the term when the term begins. Sometimes there are also issues with the files and I wasn't able to open the Final Assessment document. I had to ask Cody for it and that took a few days.

Yeah. they usually kept me at 2, until they realized my pace, they then let me have 3-4 at a time.
(10-13-2021, 09:27 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

Your 1 or 2 initial classes are set for exactly 7 full weeks before the draft deadline hits. When one decides to add classes after the first day of term - well, that person should understand that they will have less time than 7 weeks and plan accordingly... It's not like anyone pushes you to take additional classes. A student might or might not take more classes if they wish.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
(10-13-2021, 07:18 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote:
(10-13-2021, 06:49 PM)carebear_007 Wrote:
(10-13-2021, 06:25 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote: They might (and many do connect with student ASAP), but are not otherwise obligated to be on call 24 hours a day. There is 72 hours rule, not 24.

Yes, I understand, I'm sorry if I am overreacting. My partner used to teach at college(s), so reading about "my prof. hasn't responded in 24 hours" makes me feel very uneasy. You'd be surprised to know how often students act as if the entire world must submit to their orders.
You've been also doing your best and last-minute urgencies happen. I hope your professor will get back to your tomorrow.

I'm sorry that my post made you feel a certain kind of way.

Anyway, she responded last night. My email was pleasant, her email was pleasant, and nobody acted like the entire world must submit to anybody's orders. So...yay us!

Now off to work on my draft.
[-] The following 1 user Likes carebear_007's post:
  • ss20ts
I finished my thesis. Now I'm going to proofread it. Proofread it again. And proofread it a third time.
[-] The following 7 users Like ashkir's post:
  • BetaBen, carebear_007, Federicojavier, Novo, P226mem, rachel83az, ss20ts
[Image: gayCnY.png]

I also included my favorite line from my second-favorite tv show of this year:

[Image: gayQ9A.png]

I dare you to try and figure out how I incorporated that.

[Image: gayXbG.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like ashkir's post:
  • BetaBen, jch, ss20ts
I'm done with you UMPI now. I got my final grade.

perfect score for my capstone/thesis thing.

This is a great piece of writing in response to this milestone in your course. You detail from start to finish the issues, analyze, provide solutions and bring out the issues within departments that can contribute to the changes needed and success. You have a talent for identifying those issues and I see your leadership capabilities growing and look forward to hearing of your successes in the future! Continue your Leadership curiosity and in bringing change and success wherever you go! -Doc

Smell ya later UMPI.

Edit: I also ran out of inbox space. I've been receiving thousands of PMs from members asking advice who aren't posting here, and I'm sure ss is too. Please don't be afraid to post in this board. We won't bite too hard. We want to see you being successful. 

I temporarily disabled my inbox while I sort this out. But I'm going to take a long break for now.
[-] The following 9 users Like ashkir's post:
  • BetaBen, carebear_007, Federicojavier, Flelm, jch, Novo, P226mem, rachel83az, ss20ts
(10-18-2021, 09:35 AM)ashkir Wrote: I'm done with you UMPI now. I got my final grade.

perfect score for my capstone/thesis thing.

This is a great piece of writing in response to this milestone in your course. You detail from start to finish the issues, analyze, provide solutions and bring out the issues within departments that can contribute to the changes needed and success. You have a talent for identifying those issues and I see your leadership capabilities growing and look forward to hearing of your successes in the future! Continue your Leadership curiosity and in bringing change and success wherever you go! -Doc

Smell ya later UMPI.

Edit: I also ran out of inbox space. I've been receiving thousands of PMs from members asking advice who aren't posting here, and I'm sure ss is too. Please don't be afraid to post in this board. We won't bite too hard. We want to see you being successful. 

I temporarily disabled my inbox while I sort this out. But I'm going to take a long break for now.

Personally I like the prof's typo of you instead of your. I always get a kick out of that since they're so anal about spelling and grammar on the rubric. 

I have soooo many messages in my inbox. I haven't opened it in days. Too busy with my courses to write lists for folks. Lists that are already on here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • carebear_007

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 171 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study Plan to Earn 30 Credits in a Single 8-week Session FM1 14 1,432 03-04-2024, 11:49 PM
Last Post: CCCollege
  Yourpace admissions emcube 3 341 02-22-2024, 12:33 AM
  Commencement question (YourPace) rrrr 4 295 02-21-2024, 01:53 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Yourpace psychology degree PSY 496: Practicum Schlafen 10 1,227 02-18-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  I've been accepted into the Spring 2 session at UMPI! FM1 10 850 01-28-2024, 11:30 PM
  Fall 2023 Graduates/Diplomas Chankosumo 9 1,011 01-27-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: Claudia P
  Fastest UMPI YourPace degree with these credits RachelSG 4 877 01-24-2024, 05:11 PM
  Need help picking a degree for YourPace. SLHos 5 525 01-18-2024, 07:16 AM
Last Post: Duneranger
  UMPI YourPace Catalog Summer 2023 grogers14 20 6,595 01-17-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: ss20ts