Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fast/cheap bachelors with lots of low-level classes
(05-07-2021, 01:34 PM)rachel83az Wrote: No, don't apply yet. Once accepted at UMPI (which is pretty much guaranteed in your case), you need to get permission to transfer in additional classes. You should be able to complete everything above in under a month, giving you plenty of time to apply. The next UMPI session starts in June.

I would probably start with SDC first because it can take a little while for your exams/assignments to be graded. Some people have completed the Biology course in just a couple of days, so it's pretty easy. I would personally suggest Spanish at SDC but it's up to you. Once you've completed those, move on to Sophia and take the courses there.

She has taken ASL, so no need for Spanish.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • EeBee
I think COSC is perfectly valid too, but I still think UMPI will be the quickest/cheapest assuming she can finish in 2 terms or less. TESU (in my opinion) is right out for speed and cost.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes Flelm's post:
  • EeBee
Ah, you're right. ASL does count as a language credit. In that case, Organizational Behavior.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • EeBee
(05-07-2021, 03:02 PM)Flelm Wrote: I think COSC is perfectly valid too, but I still think UMPI will be the quickest/cheapest assuming she can finish in 2 terms or less. TESU (in my opinion) is right out for speed and cost.

I agree that UMPI will probably be fastest and cheapest.

I also agree that TESU is a bad choice for someone who is concerned about cost.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • EeBee
(05-07-2021, 03:02 PM)Flelm Wrote: I think COSC is perfectly valid too, but I still think UMPI will be the quickest/cheapest assuming she can finish in 2 terms or less. TESU (in my opinion) is right out for speed and cost.

Agreed. If the deadline is 6 months, EeBee should just barely make it with UMPI. With COSC, EeBee would not be able to actually finish everything by October 31st for a December 31st graduation. Which would mean that the soonest that EeBee could get a COSC degree would be in May of next year. Looking at the course catalog, the next business capstone in fall starts October 25th and finishes in December. Similar applies to every other capstone, as far as I can tell.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • EeBee, Flelm
(05-07-2021, 03:19 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Agreed. If the deadline is 6 months, EeBee should just barely make it with UMPI. With COSC, EeBee would not be able to actually finish everything by October 31st for a December 31st graduation. Which would mean that the soonest that EeBee could get a COSC degree would be in May of next year. Looking at the course catalog, the next business capstone in fall starts October 25th and finishes in December. Similar applies to every other capstone, as far as I can tell.

With that being said, I would still apply for the transfers at any point after you're enrolled, and just indicate on your resume that you have an "expected" bachelors with whatever your planned graduation date is. That's how I snagged my current job, even though they were looking for someone with a degree.

I have listed:

Thomas Edison State University, Trenton, NJ
Expected 2021
B.S. Business Administration (Operations Management Concentration)
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 2 users Like Flelm's post:
  • EeBee, rachel83az
(05-07-2021, 02:59 PM)Hi! No, I tested out of ENG101 both as a freshman and then when I transferred into Loyola. But I think I\m going to take it now for expediency. Wrote: Smile Quick question: I show ENG102: Composition II, but not Comp I.  Did you take that somewhere?  AP Exam? Tested out somehow?

Also, sdc is Study.com.

I'm going to veer away from the pack here, and suggest a COSC BSLS degree with concentrations in Psych and Business (or History and Philosophy/Ethics, since that would be an easy one as well).

With a BCOSC SLS degree, you can easily finish quickly and cheaply.

Sophia
English Comp I
Intro to Ethics
3 business courses

Study.com
Bio w/Lab
5 UL Psych courses
1 UL Business course

The cost for Sophia is $79/mo, I think you could do these in 2 months - total $158
The cost for Study.com is $199/mo, I think you could do these in 3 months - total $647
The cost at COSC for 1 term (cornerstone in 1st half/capstone in 2nd half) is $2,849
Grand total $3654 - $2000 company reimbursement = $1,654 Out of pocket, done in less than a year (possibly even by December if you started on Study/Sophia ASAP)

COSC BALS w/concentrations in History & Philosophy (takes more advantage of your current courses)

Sophia
English Comp I
Intro to Ethics

Study.com
Bio w/Lab
BUS 318: Management Ethics
HIST 306: The American Civil War Era
HIST 308: Causes & Effects of the Vietnam War
HIST 311: The Holocaust and WWII
2 UL liberal arts courses

The cost for Sophia is $79/mo, I think you could do these in 1 month - total $79
The cost for Study.com is $199/mo, I think you could do these in 3 months - total $647
The cost at COSC for 1 term (cornerstone in 1st half/capstone in 2nd half) is $2,849
Grand total $3,575 - $2000 company reimbursement = $1,575 Out of pocket

For UMPI, I think I would rather apply and see where all of those courses fit before actually committing to taking anything at Sophia - you have a LOT of courses that are Gen Eds, and they may be able to use a lot of them.  The only thing for 100% certain you need is a lab science - Bio w/Lab is normally what's suggested and may be easiest, but you have a Life Science already (NTSC103: Life and Inquiry) so you may want to kill 2 birds with 1 stone and do Chem I w/Lab instead (it's also a $50 virtual lab fee).

Honestly, I would wait to see what they do prior to taking much else, it seems like it would be a waste of time and money.  Maybe (MAYBE) take a lab science and an Ethics course.

2 terms = $2800
3 terms = $4200

Oh, and I'd do the BLS w/concentration of whatever you want there (prob Management) since you have SO many credits you'll want to be able to use - a BSB will be a LOT more work.
(05-07-2021, 03:03 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Ah, you're right. ASL does count as a language credit. In that case, Organizational Behavior.

It counts with a "D" grade?

(05-08-2021, 08:58 PM)EeBee Wrote: Hi! No, I tested out of ENG101 both as a freshman and then when I transferred into Loyola. But I think I\'m going to take it now for expediency.

It's suggested that you NOT take English at Sophia. It's faster and easier at UMPI, gets you used to how UMPI does things, and counts towards the 30 required UMPI credits.

(05-08-2021, 09:14 PM)Ideas Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 03:03 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Ah, you're right. ASL does count as a language credit. In that case, Organizational Behavior.

It counts with a "D" grade?

That's a good point. Maybe not. I missed the grade before.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Hi,

I doubt they will take the D but if they don't take the 2 more advanced classes, I can do it again?

SI don't know how any of this works but the suggestion of a BLS - Business was so good. I'm sold.

Of the 30 credits at UMPI and the 24 they require 300+ UL - How many of the UL HAVE to be at UMPI? Because I don't know their way of doing things and once that $1400 is theirs, I have to hit the ground running. It would be easier for me to pack those 8-week sessions with stuff I could do easily?

My plan so far UMPI BLS - Business (The WIKI doesn't have this exact match degree, some of this is guess)

STC:
BIO 105 + Lab
BUS 321 - HR Managment

SOPHIA:
ENV 110 - Environmental Science
BUS 350 - Business Law
BUS 101 - Introduction to Business
BUS 141 - Introduction to Project Management
MAT 101 - (I hate math)
ART 107 - Art History 1

Possible ASL transfer

UMPI:
ENG 101
PCJ 215
HUM 103

HIS 162
BUS 415
3 UL Classes
2 Random classes ? (Does this mean I've done it wrong?)
Capstone

I think that does it? And I need to to start the BIO because of the longer grade time, yes?

EB
in progress?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  have ENEB masters, no bachelors or other degree? Times 11 925 04-08-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Bachelors Psychology to Masters advice Nexum 5 437 03-28-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: BELEEMA
Question 40 something would love some guidance on how/where/what Bachelors to get! joyfulhelper 5 298 03-26-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Associates after Bachelors? 2nd Bachelors aslhou 16 657 03-25-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Need to finish up fast channaleah 6 571 03-17-2024, 01:35 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  How to get a Software Engineering, Data, or CS degree for cheap in 2024? awildstudentappeared 6 685 03-12-2024, 01:30 AM
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  Please help! Looking to obtain Bachelors in 6months or less! Currently have 75hrs. SeanC86 9 599 03-11-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Fast and Easy Associates Degree XNutty98 18 1,002 03-06-2024, 12:30 PM
Last Post: The need 2 learn
  Tired of being bad at math and looking to enroll in online math classes for credit xor 9 572 02-26-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Need a plan to get an Associates fast and cheap smartiepants35 14 1,571 02-26-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: smartiepants35