Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fastest/Easiest School
Until recently I've only considered UMPI as a potential school but more and more I'm starting to think I wouldn't enjoy my time there. English and writing essays isn't necessarily my strong point and I find myself kind of nervous about the 11-15 page final assignments that account for the totality of your grade for any specific course. Even with the option to submit a draft it freaks me out. 

I have close to zero knowledge about any of the "Big 3" even surfing through threads on here it's a lot of information for me to digest at once. I just really need a degree to put my mind to ease. At first I had my mind set on Criminal Justice but that's just because I had already taken CJ classes and figured it'd be fastest to complete a CJ degree. As more time passes I'm caring less and less about what my degree is in as I know I will go for a post-grad and am already able to get my dream job. Just personal satisfaction at this point.

Credits I have already acquired

Readings in the Short Story - Community College of Rhode Island (CCRI)
Intro to Law Enforcement - CCRI
Criminal Law - CCRI
Criminal Procedure - CCRI
Constitutional Law - CCRI
Law and Society - CCRI
Criminology = CCRI
Criminalistics - CCRI
Intro to Theatre - CCRI
Composition I - CCRI
History of the U.S. from 1877 - CCRI
General Psychology - CCRI
Spanish - InstantCert
Social Psychology - Study
Intro to Meteorology - Study
Presentation Skills in the Workplace - Study
Intro to Psychology - Sophia
Visual Communications - Sophia
Developing Effective Teams - Sophia
Essentials of Managing Conflict - Sophia
Environmental Science - Sophia  
Art History I - Sophia
Art History II - Sophia
Intro to IT - Sophia
U.S. History I - Sophia
U.S. History II - Sophia
Human Biology - Sophia
Conflict Resolution - Sophia
Intro to Ethics - Sophia
Intro to Sociology - Sophia
Intro to Statistics - Sophia
College Readiness - Sophia
Ancient Greek Philosophers - Sophia

Please keep in mind that I would most prefer objective assessments as opposed to writing essays. I would go to WGU but I know they won't take most, if not all of my credits. I've heard TESU will take 113-114 credits but I've had a tough time finding what my credits would transfer in as. Long story short, I don't care what degree I get or from where, I just want a degree as soon as possible to put my mind at ease. I would have no issue taking more sophia/instantcert/study classes if need be I just want to avoid writing as much as possible.
Fastest and easiest, with exams instead of essays, would be TESU. Unfortunately, it wouldn't be a CJ degree. That's almost impossible to complete at TESU. You can see valid degrees here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap

Your best bet with TESU would be to apply and send in your current transcripts. Since it appears you only have two transcripts, the cost would be $50. Another $50 for the Medical Terminology TECEP to fully enroll if you decided you like the evaluation. Unlike UMPI, you can continue sending in courses without permission. So, for TESU, we usually advise to apply and then enroll ASAP.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I am certainly intrigued, what is the Medical Terminology TECEP? I don't at all mind getting my degree in something other than CJ in fact it's probably for the best that I don't. Since TESU is exam based, can I test out of a course in one day if I already know a sufficient amount about the subject?
When you apply to TESU, you only get two "free" evaluations of your transcripts. In order to continue sending credits to the school, you must become a fully enrolled student. One way of doing this is to pay for a TECEP. If you actually want to take one of the exams (listed here: https://www2.tesu.edu/listalltecep.php ) then you can do so. But the easiest way to become fully enrolled is to pay for the 1-credit Medical Terminology TECEP (which is $50) and then either not take it or take it so you know what to expect from the proctoring experience.

TESU itself isn't exam based, but you can choose a degree that utilizes more exams than papers by choosing courses from Davar, Coopersmith, and some Study.com courses. Possibly some LawShelf courses, but that hasn't been tested yet.

Then, you have a choice: do you only want to take the capstone & cornerstone at TESU or do you want to do a 16-credit-term? Only taking the capstone & cornerstone means that you'll have to pay the residency waiver fee of approximately $3200. If you do a 16-credit term, you can take the capstone, cornerstone, PLA-100, and 3 other courses or ePacks ( https://www2.tesu.edu/listallc.php?type=EP ). The ePacks are exams that cost the same as a full TESU course and count towards residency.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • lucillegyl, Pikachu
I'm unfamiliar with Davar and Coopersmith, I'm assuming they're the same type of thing as Sophia/Study? Is 16 credits in a term reasonable or would that be hard to do? I'm not too worried about the residency waiver if it means I only have to do a capstone/cornerstone.
In addition to UMPI BAS - If you have energy, money, time, then TESU is a perfectly good option as well. You just need to decide, if you want to fork out the cash for the residency waiver fee or take 16 residency credits at TESU. You can transfer in all 114 credits with TESU BALS and finish the cornerstone/capstone with them. Another option is Excelsior BSLA, transfer all 113 except for Info Lit, cornerstone, capstone...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I truly am at a standstill. I really really want to avoid essays so only having to do 16 credits at TESU would be great especially if I don't have to write essays for those. On the other hand I'm not made of money either so any time I can save the better. This is so tough.
(01-26-2022, 05:39 PM)evanmonast Wrote: I'm unfamiliar with Davar and Coopersmith, I'm assuming they're the same type of thing as Sophia/Study? Is 16 credits in a term reasonable or would that be hard to do? I'm not too worried about the residency waiver if it means I only have to do a capstone/cornerstone.

16 credits in a term is completely doable; especially if you do ePacks instead of courses. But, if you don't mind paying the residency waiver, I wouldn't worry about it. Just get your degree done and move on.

With Davar and Coopersmith, they give you some study materials (usually, a powerpoint deck) to review. When you're familiar with these materials, you can schedule an exam. Coopersmith uses ProctorU only. With Davar, you can choose RPNow (the same proctor as Study.com uses). 

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Co...Consulting
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Davar_Academy
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • lucillegyl
@evanmonast  - If I recall correctly, you're also active military, correct?  TESU is very military friendly.  You can TECEP your residency, and tuition is reduced for the must complete at TESU courses (there are 2, cornerstone and capstone) - https://www.tesu.edu/military  - and there is no fee to apply for military (at this time). I'm sure others here can give you more information on the military benefit and TESU.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

I noticed when you put up your credits you didn't include your JST/CCAF credits. I don't believe you said which branch or job you do in the service, but those may help fill in some spots.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 22 1,469 03-26-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree planning advice, fastest way, need help Bikingrox211 17 1,020 03-18-2024, 05:21 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Feedback on Paris Business School absamer 5 262 03-12-2024, 06:23 PM
  Going back to school at 29 for CS with only freshman year of college completed RejuvenationOclock 6 486 02-17-2024, 01:24 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Associate degree in CJ: easiest path with no prior credits? CM1999 2 236 01-11-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Help finding a school and degree plan bleedingpurple 39 3,270 12-29-2023, 12:14 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Hi! Prospective law school student. Need 30-ish credits to graduate within 6 months. CaughtInTheRye12 23 1,653 12-28-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
Heart Tired of my lack of degree holding me back- please help me plan fastest completion! pipitavivita 7 1,053 11-22-2023, 11:22 AM
  Help for Daughter w/ Choosing School/Degree/Degree Plan MaMichelle 4 515 11-21-2023, 12:56 PM
  Has anyone used AP credits from high school on transfering to the big three? smtGate 4 368 11-19-2023, 10:46 PM
Last Post: ss20ts