Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior plan/map?
(04-22-2020, 12:54 PM)dfrecore Wrote: For the BALS, you must have 18cr of UL - and 3 of those will be from the capstone.  So you need 15cr of UL to take.  I would suggest the communications courses you already took or are planning.  I would not take the TESU course, it's not necessary (and expensive).

Communications is a humanities, so I wouldn't do SocSci.  I personally don't see the need for a concentration at all, but if you do get one, get Humanities.

Got it! With no concentration, can the 15cr of UL be from ANY area? That would certainly simplify things!

If that's the case, here's what I'm looking at...

Study.com BUS 305 Leadership Communication
Study.com BUS 324 Managerial Communication
Study.com CJ 305 The Juvenile Justice System
Study.com HIS 308: Causes and Effects of the Vietnam War
TECEP MAR 323 Advertising

...but I'd love to hear about any other courses that transfer as UL that are worth considering!
(04-22-2020, 04:19 PM)ldmoose Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 12:54 PM)dfrecore Wrote: For the BALS, you must have 18cr of UL - and 3 of those will be from the capstone.  So you need 15cr of UL to take.  I would suggest the communications courses you already took or are planning.  I would not take the TESU course, it's not necessary (and expensive).

Communications is a humanities, so I wouldn't do SocSci.  I personally don't see the need for a concentration at all, but if you do get one, get Humanities.

Got it! With no concentration, can the 15cr of UL be from ANY area? That would certainly simplify things!

If that's the case, here's what I'm looking at...

Study.com BUS 305 Leadership Communication
Study.com BUS 324 Managerial Communication
Study.com CJ 305 The Juvenile Justice System
Study.com HIS 308: Causes and Effects of the Vietnam War
TECEP MAR 323 Advertising

...but I'd love to hear about any other courses that transfer as UL that are worth considering!

Business doesn't usually work. It has to count as Liberal Arts. All of those will work, except for the advertising TECEP I'm not sure about that one but if I had to guess it would be a no. Usually, business courses won't work.
Instead of doing the TECEP Advertising, go for the TECEP Marketing Communications, they use the same textbook anyways... and it's the same price and 3 credits that can be used in a BALS, since this is a communications course as well... another option would be Sociology of Work, that's a good course too from Study.com, anything actually that's UL from Study.com or the TECEP as long as it is a liberal arts (it's hard to decipher if it works for Business courses, but some will work).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-22-2020, 04:51 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Instead of doing the TECEP Advertising, go for the TECEP Marketing Communications, they use the same textbook anyways... and it's the same price and 3 credits that can be used in a BALS, since this is a communications course as well... another option would be Sociology of Work, that's a good course too from Study.com, anything actually that's UL from Study.com or the TECEP as long as it is a liberal arts (it's hard to decipher if it works for Business courses, but some will work).

Thank you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SNHU BS Data Analytics course plan, advice? sole13 8 157 5 hours ago
Last Post: sole13
  Tips on how I can best plan my future Mems88 4 516 Yesterday, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Mems88
  Teaching plan? Piwi737 9 350 04-07-2024, 10:32 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Review my plan for UMPI Psychology Major & Educational Studies Minor - Please :) RachelB 11 1,067 04-07-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Need some advice on my plan jobojoe285 3 211 03-29-2024, 09:16 PM
  BACS BSCIS plan guidance LAMi 23 480 03-25-2024, 09:11 PM
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Plan Questions Aurelijus 10 525 03-21-2024, 05:09 PM
  UMPI plan iggym32 3 251 03-20-2024, 05:52 PM
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 452 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Interim & Future Plan - Machine Learning mweichert 6 384 03-18-2024, 03:45 AM