Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fastest second AA you can get if you already have a first AA ?
(03-19-2021, 06:11 PM)TINASAM Wrote: the BOG degree requires that you do not have any previous degrees.

Link, please
Here's a link: https://secure.cfwv.com/Home/Board_of_Governors.aspx
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • ctcarl
Title asks for fastest, but 1st post asks about cheapest. I don't know where you got the 1st associate degree or how you got your credits.

- I suppose it's POSSIBLE the same institution will award a 2nd AA.

- If you transferred 75% of your credits to a local CC, you might be able to knock out 5 CS courses quickly. I completed 5 CS courses in one CC semester. Didn't know it at the time, but if I'd have added an easy Computer Hardware course I would have met the requirements for an AACS  Dodgy. 15 CS credits at one of my local schools would run about $1250, plus books.

- Don't forget there are some inexpensive NA schools out there.
oh haha my bad. i wanted to say fastest and something 'cheap'

also i found out, i could go back to my previous CC, and take a second AA from them and graduate with a second AA. i need a minimum of 15 credits for a second AA. so i'll prob look into that.
(03-19-2021, 10:29 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Here's a link: https://secure.cfwv.com/Home/Board_of_Governors.aspx

Thanks for sharing that, BJ.  It's interesting!  I've either set up or helped to set up three Pierpont BOG enrollments and studied their website carefully without seeing any reference to this at all, despite the fact that it is mentioned here fairly regularly.  I was starting to think this was one of those "it's illegal to drive with your shoes off" kind of things.

That said, it's pretty clear that if this is in fact an official rule at every WV community college, it's a pro forma policy, not a de facto one.  The creator of the longest BOG AAS thread on this site says in the first sentence of the first post that he had both grad and undergrad degrees before starting the program and successfully earning the degree.
Yes, the original poster - DeanLewis is a strange one, err... I should say his situation is strange and non-traditional. Yes, he did complete his MA before his BALS at TESU and he completed the BOG AAS last. Having said that, it's the conferral date and the date he applied for graduation for each of these are in another sequence - in reverse order.

Essentially, DL completed his MA then completed his BALS requirements, sent his transcripts to Pierpont and requested a Pierpont graduation, TESU graduation, lastly his MA graduation. The reason is because his MA date of commencement/graduation is on a slower system and the earliest he can graduate would be a later date than his TESU graduation.

There are several ways of getting the BOG AAS, but each situation would be different. Another example would be for individuals who have completed a Nationally Accredited Bachelors after accumulating 60+ RA credits and would like a Regionally Accredited Associates for amazingly cheap, the reason this works is because a vast majority of NA do not participate in the National Student Clearing House.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fastest/cheapest second bachelor’s degree Lingo55 19 4,819 04-30-2022, 01:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  35 Fastest Online School Degree Programs in 2021 LevelUP 1 1,161 03-05-2022, 08:45 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  How do I get the fastest bachelor’s degree and masters degree online in India? bhakti641 3 1,119 01-07-2022, 01:50 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Need Help with Inexpensive but also fastest Track JWells247 11 2,980 11-19-2019, 08:50 PM
Last Post: alexvictorwhite
  Looking for fastest/cheapest degree. (Have 115 traditional credits) Nicole_9 13 2,796 10-18-2019, 05:14 PM
Last Post: SweetsugarNL
  Fastest path to a computer science or software degree? Nutmeg0065 31 13,619 09-01-2018, 04:01 AM
Last Post: padma
  Cheapest Fastest RN to BSN??? rebel100 16 17,580 07-08-2018, 06:05 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Please Help with fastest bachelors degree for a friend leeloodallas 0 1,120 07-05-2017, 11:11 PM
Last Post: leeloodallas
  Fastest degree snocera 14 4,687 06-05-2017, 10:02 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  fastest way to bachelor's ? aap747 2 3,321 06-05-2017, 09:42 AM
Last Post: rlw74