Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally, it's my turn... I'M DONE!!!
Today is my conferral date with Excelsior, double-major BA Mathematics/Psychology. This has taken soooooooooo many years lol! I don't have any more upcoming classes or tests and it's freaking me out :willynilly: I am indebted to this forum and the many forumites over the years that I have learned from, most of all alissaroot who probably won't see this but thank you! She helped me tackle the subject GRE for psychology which single-handedly salvaged my graduation (and gave me the entire psych major). I learned about The Big Three here, and frankly it is one of the most important things that has happened to me in my adult life. I talk to anyone who can stomach listening to me about these awesome alternatives to default college life. There are many people out there that think they can't finish their degree because of time, money, just life in general. I was one of them. Then I found this place Smile I nudge, badger, and cajole everyone who thinks they can't do it to check this forum out and read what you all post here. This place is a life changer.

I'm going to be sticking around here for a long time. Frankly, I enjoy learning about the intricacies of different degree options from different schools so much, and planning optimal or novel plans for them, that ultimately I might wind up becoming some sort of guidance counselor or academic adviser down the road lol. Besides, now that I have finished an Excelsior degree, knocking out a TESC degree a few years from now is looking mighty tasty Wink Thank you all again!!
Congratulations! With your psych major and knowledge of academic policies and planning I have no doubt you'd make an awesome guidance counselor if you choose to take that route!

What are you looking to complete at TESC?
Currently studying for: Still deciding.

Done!
2020 - Harvard Extension School - ALM IT Management 
2019 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Data Science
2018 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Cyber Security
2016 - WGU - MBA Mgmt & Strategy
2015 - Thomas Edison State College - BSBA Marketing & CIS
Woohoo! Double major including math - the nemesis of so many of us! Smile
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

Congrats you earned it. Smile
Congratulations!!!!!!
I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.
Congratulations! That's great news. I think this forum is great especially in getting inspiration from folks like yourself. Well done! - Dan
Congratulation's! Wow double major. Good luck with the future!
Bachelors in Liberal Studies TESC 12/11/15

Various certifications and 1 community college class

TESC English 101
TESC Living in the Information age
TESC Intro to Psychology
TESC Intro to Computers

DSST Personal Finance 1/14
DSST Hear's to your health 3/14
DSST Intro to Business 4/14
DSST Organization Behavior 5/14
DSST Substance Abuse 5/14
DSST Intro to World Religion 6/14
DSST Environment and Humanity 7/14
DSST Human Resource Management 8/14
DSST Money & Banking 8/14
CLEP A&I Lit 8/14
CLEP Intro to Sociology 9/14
DSST Intro to Modern Middle East 12/14
DSST Western Europe since 1945 12/14
ALEKS Intermediate Algebra 2/15
ALEKS College Algebra 2/15
ALEKS Intro to stats 2/15
ALEKS PreCalc 2/15
CLEP History of US I 3/15
CLEP History of US II 4/15
CLEP American Gov 5/15
DSST Principles of Sup 5/15
CLEP Amer Lit 6/15
CLEP Social Science 7/15
CLEP Human growth Dev 8/15
CLEP College Comp 9/15
CLEP Humanities 9/15
TESC Capstone 10/15
Congrats! Job well done! What degree at TESC are you looking at?
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
mednat Wrote:Congratulations! With your psych major and knowledge of academic policies and planning I have no doubt you'd make an awesome guidance counselor if you choose to take that route!

What are you looking to complete at TESC?

I see myself doing a BSBA at TESC down the road. One of the things I am seriously considering doing with my math degree is trying to become an actuary. That will require additional education as I don't have any finance or statistics credits (yeah, BA in math and I've never taken any stats lol). Another option is programming/I.T., but while I have some I.T. on my resume and some industry certs I have zero programming/software development.

TESC's BSBA has Finance and CIS options which fit with my possibilities. But I have never taken a CLEP, DSST, TECEP, etc. and will already have a bachelor's, so completing the full BSBA will only require about 20 tests or so. I've been doing TECEP and CLEP practice tests this summer so far and I could pass about a third of the tests right now. Couple that with whatever post-bacc stuff I'll have to take in order to show the finance or computer credentials and I figure I would be halfway done with a BSBA anyway, so might as well knock it out! Over the last few years my daily job has mutated away from technical I.T. stuff and towards pure management anyway, so if I continue down this path having a business admin/management degree would make sense. I also grew up and work in NJ so having a TESC can be a slight boost to the resume from familiarity. I run into plenty of people who know about TESC and very few who have heard about Excelsior.

Plus I want to lol Big Grin I feel "weird" having been on this forum for years and never having taken any CLEPs, DSSTs, etc. I can't justify dropping a hundred bucks on a test for the heck of it, but a year or two from now as part of a degree plan? Sure.
cheersmate Congrats!

One of most exhilarating feelings for me is to physically cross a degree requirement off of my now quite tattered original degree audit. I can only imagine the sensation when you cross the final one off and know you are finally done.
MS CSIA From WGU - December 2018
B.S. Cybersecurity - COSC - August 2016
A.S. - COSC - May 2015

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Finally graduated with a BS degree! nomaduser 7 1,068 01-01-2023, 04:36 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Its finally finished! withrown 18 2,536 08-15-2022, 12:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
Information California Finally Dips Its Toes In CBE Water harrypotter 6 901 04-08-2022, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Finally completed with 3.98 GPA !!! NewatTESU 13 1,829 02-27-2022, 07:15 PM
Last Post: NewatTESU
  I finally graduated! BrighterFuture88 20 2,454 07-11-2020, 06:11 PM
Last Post: Kab
  I finally enrolled. Terrified now! lillingworth 11 1,706 06-04-2020, 09:18 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
  Tlm please turn on private messaging studyandpass5 4 1,155 09-10-2019, 04:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  help please? want to finally graduate theduz 8 1,676 11-29-2018, 12:35 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Finally got my evaluation Collegelady2 3 1,144 06-01-2017, 06:26 AM
Last Post: Synicaal
  I AM FINALLY DONE: TESU BA PSYCHOLOGY and ASBA. Yana 18 4,242 02-12-2017, 09:45 AM
Last Post: Yana