Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finish Degree at Baker or TESU?
Hello All,

I was planning on transferring my classes over from Baker College online to TESU with the addition of all the Straighterline courses I finished. However, I sent in my Transcript from Straighterline and even ALEKS to Baker College and most of the classes transferred over. I would need to take about 7 classes through them to finish. Based on tuition rates, it would cost about the same or a little more as a hacked degree from Study.com and other sources. The main benefit I can think of finishing the degree with Baker is I will be able to add to my GPA and also take actual classes helping my chances for law school down the line. I think I can finish those classes by next Summer if I push myself.

Do you agree it would look better to finish my degree at the school I started at, or am I over thinking it?

Let me know your thoughts please.
I'd probably do it at your original school in that case. The reason we recommend the Big3 so much is that finishing at the original school is either too difficult or too expensive. Since it appears to be neither in your case, I'd go ahead and get it done. I don't know that it will make a large difference in your law school application either way.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • SteveFoerster
(09-22-2017, 02:27 PM)davewill Wrote: I'd probably do it at your original school in that case. The reason we recommend the Big3 so much is that finishing at the original school is either too difficult or too expensive. Since it appears to be neither in your case, I'd go ahead and get it done. I don't know that it will make a large difference in your law school application either way.

I think I will do that, it will cost a bit more but worth it in my opinion. I was honestly surprised they accepted so many classes from Straighterline - I guess they are changing in order to compete. Their accelerated BBA program allow 48 elective credits from basically any source I guess, so most of them went there and the original classes I took from them fit mostly into my general ed.
If you're that close to finishing with just 7 courses remaining, it would be better to stay with Baker College. They're a pretty good college when I reviewed them last. If you can transfer more courses over (get your max limit), the more cost savings. I checked their website briefly, don't see where it tells a number of credits transferable...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Baker also accepts about 25-30 FEMA IS credits. Big Grin
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

(09-22-2017, 04:22 PM)Life Long Learning Wrote: Baker also accepts about 25-30 FEMA IS credits. Big Grin

Any idea where I can take "Cultural Diversity"? They didn't accept cultural anthropology for this from SL
Unless you have free electives left to finish or are an emergency management major, FEMA IS courses will not help you.

There is a Cultural Diversity Uexcel. 

http://www.excelsior.edu/exams/cultural-diversity
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(09-22-2017, 06:11 PM)sanantone Wrote: Unless you have free electives left to finish or are an emergency management major, FEMA IS courses will not help you.

Thanks  I will check that out. I noticed there is a study.com course to prepare for it. Would you recommend that or is there a better resource?
(09-22-2017, 10:32 PM)dan.g Wrote:
(09-22-2017, 06:11 PM)sanantone Wrote: Unless you have free electives left to finish or are an emergency management major, FEMA IS courses will not help you.

Thanks  I will check that out. I noticed there is a study.com course to prepare for it. Would you recommend that or is there a better resource?

Study.com would be cheaper.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(09-22-2017, 11:48 PM)sanantone Wrote:
(09-22-2017, 10:32 PM)dan.g Wrote:

Study.com would be cheaper.

Their course is not an ACE- or NCCRS-approved one, just a UExcel Cultural Diversity test prep course.

This is an expensive exam ($355), with 3 "required" textbooks to read for it (seriously?) that are not cheap on their website (although you can find them for WAY less on Amazon as rentals).  You may be better off taking this elsewhere if you can find it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,457 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 482 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 436 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 251 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 771 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,179 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  After getting the degree Harrynguyen 24 2,702 01-13-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: ArielB74
  Hypnotherapy + $30 course or $12,000 degree = Licensed "Medical" Profession nykorn 6 952 01-06-2024, 05:15 PM
Last Post: CenterSquarEd
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 617 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 544 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az