Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
First Term Free at Walden!
Does anyone know if these courses are graded?
BS, Business  Administration, Finance Cert.- Ashworth College
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AC, Language Studies - Rio Salado College
AAS & AGS
SweetSecret said earlier in thread (#58) that they were graded, not P/F
In Progress: MS Cybersecurity, Georgia Tech (2021?)
BS IT Security, Western Governors University, 2018
BA Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, 2016
AA Sociology, Chaffey College, 2015
IT Industry Certs: CCNA Security, CCNA, CCENT, Linux+,
   LPIC-1, Security+, Network+, Project+, A+, & CIW SDA.

View all of my earned credits on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Yes, the courses are graded & graduate students are required to maintain a 3.0 GPA or risk academic dismissal.
MBA, Walden University (In progress)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
(12-07-2018, 09:15 AM)SweetSecret Wrote: Yes, the courses are graded & graduate students are required to maintain a 3.0 GPA or risk academic dismissal.

As it was explained to me:
You are graded on a 3 point system  (based on the rubric - all course sections have this point system).
There are limits on the amount of attempts to get to the B or better - run out of attempts, and this is where you end up at risk.

0 = Not Present (complete Fail - try again until you reach 2 or greater)
1 = Needs Improvement (<B, not a pass, no grade assigned - try again until you reach 2 or greater)
2 = Meets Expectations (B, a Pass with a 3.0)
3 = Exceeds Expectations (A, a Pass with a  4.0)

So unlike WGU where everyone who gets a Pass gets a "B" (3.0) Walden will have some A's (4.0)

"C's get degrees" does not apply to competency-based programs, its a "B or Better" world.  Smile
Thomas Edison State University (TESU) 
- BSBA General Management, December 2018
- ASNSM in Computer Science, December 2018
(12-07-2018, 10:52 AM)allvia Wrote: unlike WGU where everyone who gets a Pass gets a "B" (3.0)

You don't get B's or a 3.0 at WGU. You only get a "PASS." The WGU transcript says that while a "PASS" is at least equivalent to a B/3.0, they do not calculate a GPA or give a grade.

[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • allvia
I got my revised billing today and it shows a zero balance for the first term.  It took them 24 hours to correct it. 

I am impressed with the TAT when I have an issue, not matter what department I've worked with.
Denise

MHA - Walden University - Started 12/3/18 - Plan to finish in two terms Idea  I think I can, I think I can...
BS Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
AS Licensed Vocational Nursing, Mesa College 1989
Certificate Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

And, a MBA after the MHA, thenwhen I'm 70 years old, I will finish my RN, just to say I did it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes GoodYellowDogs's post:
  • allvia
(12-07-2018, 11:15 AM)jsd Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 10:52 AM)allvia Wrote: unlike WGU where everyone who gets a Pass gets a "B" (3.0)

You don't get B's or a 3.0 at WGU. You only get a "PASS." The WGU transcript says that while a "PASS" is at least equivalent to a B/3.0, they do not calculate a GPA or give a grade.

I had heard/read everyone just had a 3.0 at WGU when they graduated; some were concerned of this being a factor for grad school. Thank you for clarifying this is not the case.
Thomas Edison State University (TESU) 
- BSBA General Management, December 2018
- ASNSM in Computer Science, December 2018
You're welcome! it's a common misconception because WGU's wording on it is pretty confusing. But I've attached a short note from the back of my WGU Transcript, the final line on the topic is that they don't calculate a GPA.

Attached Files
.png   gpa.png (Size: 233.22 KB / Downloads: 18)

Here's the deal. WGU doesn't give grades or calculate a GPA. Their "guidance" to schools or employers looking for a GPA is that they should consider a PASS equivalent to a 3.0. It's up to the school or employer in question whether they decide to do so.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (in prog)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (in prog)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
(12-07-2018, 10:52 AM)allvia Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 09:15 AM)SweetSecret Wrote: Yes, the courses are graded & graduate students are required to maintain a 3.0 GPA or risk academic dismissal.

As it was explained to me:
You are graded on a 3 point system  (based on the rubric - all course sections have this point system).
There are limits on the amount of attempts to get to the B or better - run out of attempts, and this is where you end up at risk.

0 = Not Present (complete Fail - try again until you reach 2 or greater)
1 = Needs Improvement (<B, not a pass, no grade assigned - try again until you reach 2 or greater)
2 = Meets Expectations (B, a Pass with a 3.0)
3 = Exceeds Expectations (A, a Pass with a  4.0)

So unlike WGU where everyone who gets a Pass gets a "B" (3.0) Walden will have some A's (4.0)

"C's get degrees" does not apply to competency-based programs, its a "B or Better" world.  Smile

Yes, Cs get degrees has always be an undergrad thing Big Grin
Denise

MHA - Walden University - Started 12/3/18 - Plan to finish in two terms Idea  I think I can, I think I can...
BS Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
AS Licensed Vocational Nursing, Mesa College 1989
Certificate Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

And, a MBA after the MHA, thenwhen I'm 70 years old, I will finish my RN, just to say I did it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Walden MBAs Discussion & Accountability SweetSecret 16 661 2 hours ago
Last Post: SweetSecret
  Walden U - MHA - Start date 12/3 Accountability and Experience GoodYellowDogs 18 1,029 03-04-2019, 02:46 AM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  Walden ePortfolio SweetSecret 4 205 12-17-2018, 04:29 PM
Last Post: GoodYellowDogs
  Walden University - Competency Based MBA Program allvia 18 896 12-09-2018, 05:36 PM
Last Post: videogamesrock
  Starting WGU MBA November Term, Goal: 6 months amilitab4k9 15 1,142 11-06-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: amilitab4k9
  Charles Sturt Univ.: 40 Free On-Demand Short Courses: Grad Credit? eriehiker 1 443 09-29-2018, 03:51 AM
Last Post: Dowew
  New York University offers free Tuition to all Medical Students Nightmoves5 9 617 08-26-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Smart.ly MBA (free - kind of) rachel83az 9 859 03-17-2018, 07:05 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  WGU MBA in one term kalishakti 8 3,192 10-08-2017, 10:56 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Walden University Masters in Education review? frostedfire 2 748 03-27-2017, 10:08 PM
Last Post: sanantone