Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
First Term Free at Walden!
(11-29-2018, 04:18 PM)sanantone Wrote: I've already been accepted. It only took a few hours. It's hard for me to turn down free stuff.

Wow, they're quick. I guess at other schools, students might change their mind after a day or few days.

I was wondering if you know how much fees are for the first term?

Are the books generally available as used books? (I know some other schools where they books are more proprietary.)

(11-29-2018, 04:18 PM)sanantone Wrote: I've already been accepted. It only took a few hours. It's hard for me to turn down free stuff.

I spoke with them and they said they would take my unofficial transcript (which I was able to fully copy out of MyEdison using the Full Web Page Screenshots add on in Firefox) and the 'Graduation Information from Thomas Edison State University' email/letter confirming my degree conferral date of my BSBA.  I will still need to get them over the official transcript (once it posts the degree on Dec 14th).

I have just applied and filled out the 'Free Transcript Request Service' that Walden offers (they request on your behalf), now I wait.  With the free term, even if it takes a year - that is only $6750 for an RA ACBSP Accredited MBA.  If it takes less than a year it only gets cheaper, 6 months would be $2250.

With nothing to lose - Anyone else going to join Sanantone and I?
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 3 users Like allvia's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs, harrypotter, Muldoon
Here are the breakdown of the Tempo pricing and amount of courses for the degrees offered
Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA) is $2,050 per 3-month subscription period - 10 courses
If someone can finish a WGU degree in 3 months, they may be able to finish this in the same amount of time
If not, in 6 months, it'll only be $4100 for an MHA, I don't know if it has secondary accreditation.

Master of Business Administration (MBA) is $2,250 per 3-month subscription period - 13 courses
Healthcare Management and Project Management concentration - both the same price/number of courses
If someone can finish this in 6 months, it'll be $4,500 and you get an RA degree with ACBSP accreditation
This degree can rival WGU's offering, especially if you can get it for $2,250! (one term of 3 months)

MS in Early Childhood Studies is $1,800 per 3-month subscription period - 8 OR 11 courses
Administration, Management, and Leadership Track - 11 courses
Teaching and Learning in Early Childhood Settings - 8 courses (with added competencies)
If someone can finish this in 6 months, it'll be $3600 for a Masters degree in Early Childhood Studies
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Muldoon
(11-29-2018, 04:59 PM)allvia Wrote:

With nothing to lose - Anyone else going to join Sanantone and I?

I wish you both luck. Keep us updated on how it goes with their program.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
allvia Wrote:With nothing to lose - Anyone else going to join Sanantone and I?

Its a great offer for a free term but no, I won't be applying as I want to get this BA CS/Math completed for June 2019 grad.
However, I told my sisters and both of them are very interested in the program, they're going to apply to Walden and WGU.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I'm so tempted to do this but it's such a bad idea since I'll be starting at GA Tech in Jan
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(11-29-2018, 07:04 PM)jsd Wrote: I'm so tempted to do this but it's such a bad idea since I'll be starting at GA Tech in Jan

DON'T DO IT jsd!  Step away from the free degree program!!!  Big Grin
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 3 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs, Ideas, jsd
(11-29-2018, 07:04 PM)jsd Wrote: I'm so tempted to do this but it's such a bad idea since I'll be starting at GA Tech in Jan

I'm at University of Florida, but I'm seeing how much I can do over winter break. LOL.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Just looked at the MHA (very quickly, not indepth), but it says Foundations course needs to be taken by itself the first the first term if you start midterm.  That program starts on the 10th, so I'm not sure it you can get a freebie on this.

Need to review in depth later today.
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

(11-30-2018, 11:15 AM)GoodYellowDogs Wrote: Just looked at the MHA (very quickly, not indepth), but it says Foundations course needs to be taken by itself the first the first term if you start midterm.  That program starts on the 10th, so I'm not sure it you can get a freebie on this.

Need to review in depth later today.

I didn't really look into the MHA, but I won't need to take the foundations course for the MBA since I have an undergraduate business degree.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 24 21,088 Yesterday, 01:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  MIT University just released free online courses. KSoul 0 414 02-14-2024, 04:33 AM
Last Post: KSoul
  List of free graduate credit udi 15 7,614 01-26-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Walden university richlyblessed 7 1,347 01-02-2024, 09:30 PM
  Any Online Free Master Degree? JesterRigid 15 5,426 09-07-2023, 06:12 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Chaminade University - Ed.S School Psychology program (Not online, but it's FREE !) nyvrem 9 1,204 09-02-2023, 04:19 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Low Cost / Free online Masters programs from Germany nyvrem 32 11,445 07-30-2023, 03:38 AM
  MBA Programs Walden vs WGU vs Capella blahblahblah88 6 1,447 07-08-2023, 05:10 AM
Last Post: EverSpinning
  Study MSc in Environmental Management for free with the Open University UK HVzR5 3 691 05-13-2023, 02:53 PM
Last Post: HVzR5
  would like to talk to anyone who has taken walden university classes (graduate) TINASAM 8 1,430 05-06-2023, 09:46 AM
Last Post: TINASAM