Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florida International University Online Degree ($10k! ACE accepted)
Florida International University accepts ACE credits from Straighterline and Saylor Academy!

https://transfer.fiu.edu/transfer-101/ac...d-courses/

It could be that they'll accept study.com credits too. They said they'll accept ACE credit course that comes with a proctored final exam.

They offer many online degree programs:
https://fiuonline.fiu.edu/programs/?q=y&...ate+Degree

Their admissions confirmed that they accept max 90 transfer credits. They don't limit the number of ACE credits you can transfer in.

Their out-of-state tuition fee is only $345 per credit. So once you successfully transfer in 90 credits, you can get their online degree for $10,350 (30 x 345).

Florida International University ranks among top 200 universities in US:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_In...University
[-] The following 2 users Like nomaduser's post:
  • cecilgambe7, Life Long Learning
Hmm.. that almost makes them close to the "big 3", and very, very close to COSC, just 30-50% more depending on which big 3 and how frugal you are shooting for
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
(10-05-2020, 06:52 PM)cerich67 Wrote: Hmm.. that almost makes them close to the "big 3", and very, very close to COSC, just 30-50% more depending on which big 3 and how frugal you are shooting for

Yes, but they're more prestigious than any of big 3. In fact, they have the 6th largest facilities among US universities.

Their ACE credit requirement isn't that simple though. You must pass proctored finals with good grades.
One big challenge is to find enough alternative credits that FIU will accept into their program.

iirc the state of Florida has been offering 10k degree programs for afew years now.

https://www.floridatrend.com/article/171...ors-degree

just google 'florida 10k degree list', there's a list of programs. IF THOSE programs accept ACE/alternative credits, u would be able to push the cost below $10k
Ok. Honestly that's a good offer but it seems like they won't accept sophia learning credits and i bought a yearly. Don't know what to do? I have regionally accredited 46 computer engineering credits and have 10 k money and enrolled into Snhu. Also i have to complete my degree in a year. I really love the snhu but just don't know. Panic attacking!
[-] The following 1 user Likes potato patato's post:
  • nomaduser
Isn't it odd that schools like this and CUNY, for instance, mention Saylor specifically (and generally no other provider) on their non-college credit transfer pages. Is it the case that Saylor is just good at marketing themselves to colleges? Because while I haven't done one of their courses, they don't seem to have a great reputation here.
(10-05-2020, 07:02 PM)nomaduser Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 06:52 PM)cerich67 Wrote: Hmm.. that almost makes them close to the "big 3", and very, very close to COSC, just 30-50% more depending on which big 3 and how frugal you are shooting for

Yes, but they're more prestigious than any of big 3. In fact, they have the 6th largest facilities among US universities.

Their ACE credit requirement isn't that simple though. You must pass proctored finals with good grades.

6th largest facilities in the US? Are we talking about football stadiums or research facilities? Where I live no one cares about FIU and most people have never heard of it. Same holds true for many universities. It all depends on your location if it's impressive.
(10-06-2020, 11:31 AM)As ss20ts Wrote:

6th largest facilities in the US? Are we talking about football stadiums or research facilities? Where I live no one cares about FIU and most people have never heard of it. Same holds true for many universities. It all depends on your location if it's impressive.
I think that’s based on the fact that their campus is pretty much spread across Miami; so they do own quite a lot of real estate. 

Depending on the program, you either have heard of FIU and it’s prestigious, or there’s another Florida school that’s better so everyone talks about that one. 

I only wish their grad program costs were as nice as their undergrad.
(10-06-2020, 12:39 PM)sambam0812 Wrote: I think that’s based on the fact that their campus is pretty much spread across Miami; so they do own quite a lot of real estate. 

Depending on the program, you either have heard of FIU and it’s prestigious, or there’s another Florida school that’s better so everyone talks about that one. 

Out of all the possible reasons to choose a school, the amount of real estate that they own doesn't seem like a particularly meaningful one
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 1 user Likes jch's post:
  • ss20ts
(10-06-2020, 12:39 PM)sambam0812 Wrote:
(10-06-2020, 11:31 AM)As ss20ts Wrote:

I think that’s based on the fact that their campus is pretty much spread across Miami; so they do own quite a lot of real estate. 

They're 6th largest because of the real estate they own? That could be all dorms. Absolutely meaningless. Where I live no one cares about Florida. It's thousands of miles away. If someone earned a degree from a school with big name recognition like USC that matters even though it's on the other side of the country. FIU isn't going to be a big deal to much of the country especially since their claim to fame is real estate holdings. I mean the University of Rochester is in my backyard, but they are an internationally renowned medical research facility. They brag about that not how much real estate they own or lease and trust me they're all over the place with medical offices. I go to their doctors because of the specializations they offer not because they own 100 buildings in a 10 square mile distance.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 263 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 222 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,613 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Biochemistry online, no lab, and less than $500. GoodYellowDogs 11 10,146 03-20-2024, 04:16 PM
  The 100 Most Popular Accredited Online Colleges for 2024 LevelUP 2 208 03-20-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,455 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,549 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  American Public University? nomaduser 33 2,935 03-14-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 598 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  SUNY accepted upper level class jg_nuy 10 431 03-05-2024, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy