Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Ethics Course
Good on you guys.

Myself and a friend enrolled at Excelsior took the exam and sent to our different adviser and were denied. :\

(Edited for clarification) Smile
That's no good. I just submitted my ACE transcript to them with this course on it a few days ago. What explanation was given? Is it just a free elective now? Did you just today get this news back?

EDIT: Just realized this was for Excelsior. Hopefully it's still being accepted for TESU.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:That's no good. I just submitted my ACE transcript to them with this course on it a few days ago. What explanation was given? Is it just a free elective now? Did you just today get this news back?

EDIT: Just realized this was for Excelsior. Hopefully it's still being accepted for TESU.

Don't compare the colleges, they all have totally different things that they accept. If you're a TESU student, only look at what students from TESU say about specific courses, as anything from a COSC or EC student have happen will probably not apply.

Not that we all can't help each other out, and offer course alternatives and suggestions - but the schools are so different from each other, you can't judge one by another.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Yeah, I just misread it on first read and thought they were referring to TESU. There's no indication things have changed at TESU, but I'll be paranoid about ALL of my credits until I finally see them applied Smile

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Has anyone had problems getting TESU to accept this course? I transferred it in but it was listed under "Other Courses" with the note that it was ruled ineligible for the program and the credits aren't applied to my degree.
I just had it approved on 4/26 and it fulfilled my GE ethics requirement. Do you already have your "ethics" general ed requirement met? or have you taken any other business ethics courses?

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

I just spent about 3 hours studying and taking the test and got 72% (70% being needed to pass). This is now my first completed college course! I knew nothing about the subject, and passed after just a bit of studying. I also just created my ACE account and asked for it to be put on my transcript. I do not mean to boast, rather I want to encourage others to take this course! Even if it doesn't fill your ethics requirement at your college... it's two free credits!

I also wanted to share some study material (that you can also reference during the test):

"Canons Booklet" (This one helped me out big time)
https://www.theinstitutes.org/doc/canons.pdf

"Checklist For Ethical Decision Making"
https://aimoodle.aicpcu.org/ims_reposito...Making.pdf

"Ethical Decision Making - Flow Chart"
https://aimoodle.aicpcu.org/ims_reposito...wChart.pdf

"Ethics and the CPCU Code of Conduct - Learning Objectives"

.pdf   Less than 1 minute ago">Ethics_312_RN.pdf (Size: 214.96 KB / Downloads: 3)
Joeman200 Wrote:I just spent about 3 hours studying and taking the test and got 72% (70% being needed to pass). This is now my first completed college course! I knew nothing about the subject, and passed after just a bit of studying. I also just created my ACE account and asked for it to be put on my transcript. I do not mean to boast, rather I want to encourage others to take this course! Even if it doesn't fill your ethics requirement at your college... it's two free credits!

I also wanted to share some study material (that you can also reference during the test):

"Canons Booklet" (This one helped me out big time)
https://www.theinstitutes.org/doc/canons.pdf

"Checklist For Ethical Decision Making"
https://aimoodle.aicpcu.org/ims_reposito...Making.pdf

"Ethical Decision Making - Flow Chart"
https://aimoodle.aicpcu.org/ims_reposito...wChart.pdf

"Ethics and the CPCU Code of Conduct - Learning Objectives"
Ethics_312_RN.pdf

This is a good one to take, not only because it's free, but because it usually shows up on your ACE account very quickly, so you get to make sure that your ACE account is working correctly and you understand that process.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Are there any other courses that might be transferable at The Institutes? Paid or not?
Saharapost Wrote:I went straight to the exam, scored 40 points - 80%. I will request the credit to be added to my ACE transcript. Don't say no to free credits. Tongue

how do i request the credit to be added to my ACE transcript?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,483 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 203 29,910 03-11-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free or affordable Christian Chaplaincy Online Sowak777 4 424 02-21-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: The need 2 learn
  MBA students receive free Apple Vision Pro Imbanewbie 0 293 02-07-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Free Course Jacksonville State University a_dblu 56 9,700 11-19-2023, 07:30 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  TECEP Environmental Ethics dbwdb 1 643 11-01-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: SpeedDemon
  Over 25 in Massachusetts, Free Community College bjcheung77 0 564 08-25-2023, 04:41 PM
  California - Fall Is Free! bjcheung77 3 604 08-18-2023, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Would you drive 1,000+ miles to earn free college credit? bjcheung77 13 1,320 05-16-2023, 07:32 AM
  Job Offers Free College natshar 3 890 05-02-2023, 08:49 PM
Last Post: wildebeest