Fewer Students Are Going To College. Here's Why That Matters
Fewer Students Are Going To College. Here's Why That Matters -

https://www.npr.org/2019/12/16/787909495...at-matters
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Interesting. But I don't think they'll be luring people back to college until their graduation rates are up, and their costs are down. Many people know that going deeply in debt for a college degree is a bad idea, and you're not going to convince them otherwise - they see the writing on the wall.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 5 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • bluebooger, Joeman200, Life Long Learning, ss20ts, Stacie
When a school like this closes, how does a student obtain their official transcripts when they want to move on to another degree?
John L. Watson
Earned: WGU: BS-NOS (2019), WGU: MS-CSIA (2021)
Current Programs: UC: PhD in InfoSec (2025), AMA: DIT (2024), ENEB: MBA (2023)
Exam Priority: CEH (Practical), PMP, CISA, CISM
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamshid666's post:
  • ss20ts
Another school (under the same accreditor) takes over record keeping/Transcripts
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 2 users Like jsd's post:
  • jamshid666, ss20ts
(12-22-2019, 10:22 PM)jsd Wrote: Another school (under the same accreditor) takes over record keeping/Transcripts

I'm going to guess that it's gotten easier over time, and now you can just dump the database into an online transcript service and get them out that way (which they were probably doing already).  It's pretty effortless now to provide transcripts to people.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Yeah a lot of places are offloading their transcript services to third parties like Parchment already. I think even the National Clearing House offers transcript services for schools now.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(12-23-2019, 12:56 PM)jsd Wrote: Yeah a lot of places are offloading their transcript services to third parties like Parchment already. I think even the National Clearing House offers transcript services for schools now.

When my husband applied to WGU last year, he had 3 CC transcripts, and all 3 schools were from some sort of transcript service.  When I applied to WVNCC (for the BOG AAS), I had to send 4 transcripts and all were from a transcript service.  I think between both of us and 7 schools, 4 used Credential Solutions, 2 used Student Clearinghouse, and 1 used Transcripts on Demand.  All were equally easy, fast, and cheap (maybe $2-$3), sent email updates each step of the way (ordering, sending, and receiving).  All were completed within a few business days.
Colleges in Europe/and other countries do not cost as much as in the US.
(03-03-2020, 07:40 AM)Lacedonia4 Wrote: Colleges in Europe/and other countries do not cost as much as in the US.

To elaborate on this, yes - it's true. Most European countries and other "developing" countries have insanely cheap tuition. However, if you are in the US, there are the Big 3, the competency based programs, and the other programs that use MOOC as a medium which partner with top ranked US institutions.

That being said, if you do travel to a country in Europe or any other developing country that has a good school, that cheap tuition is offset with the other fees associated with board/food/room/textbooks and related fees. Anyways, there are so many different options to get a degree, one just has to find the degree they're looking for and the school that provides it.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Down Perpetual Students burbuja0512 36 4,209 Yesterday, 08:19 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  What is the difference between College and University (USA) Personherebb9 8 1,285 12-29-2022, 05:39 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  College of Golf Alpha 5 676 09-11-2022, 07:30 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Richest US College Alpha 6 897 09-09-2022, 04:31 PM
Last Post: cardiacclep
  What does college look like in 10...20 years? cardiacclep 10 1,452 08-25-2022, 04:48 AM
Last Post: MitchellHolst
  Homeschooled Students? Stacie 8 1,058 08-25-2022, 03:25 AM
Last Post: MitchellHolst
  College of Winterhold Alpha 1 516 07-28-2022, 12:32 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  College grad paralyzed after chiropractor visit bjcheung77 5 876 07-16-2022, 05:14 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Teacher Has Personalized Handshakes With His Students danivalero 1 521 07-02-2022, 10:15 AM
Last Post: millaterns2
  Bullying in College , What do I do next? 2L8 15 11,739 06-03-2022, 06:27 AM
Last Post: stephaniesmith44