Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GRE Countdown!
Ruddigore Wrote:Woo hoo! One thing that always helped me get studying was having a flip-out session by considering how little time I had left to study. The :willynilly: approach seemed to provide decent motivation.

By the way, which GRE exam are you taking?

Psych, going for the Psych major through EC... I'm currently entering week 6 of the the 8 week Research and Writing course requirement for the major as well. And of course, my first draft of my paper for the course is due the same weekend as the test. Weeeeeeeeeeeee...

:ack: :willynilly: :ack:
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Wile E. Coyote, genius. I am not selling anything nor am I working my way through college, so let's get down to basics: you are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away, I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are, and I am a genius, while you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten, so I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers.

Bachelor of Science in PsychoRabbitology degree
Master of Education with a specialty in Rabbit-specific destructive munitions (or eLearning & Technology, I forget which)
Doctor of Philosophy in Wile E. Leadership with an area of specialty in Acme Mind Expansion - 2017 Hopefully
In addition to my full-time job, I've been taking a 8-week course at UWF that is required by my employer to keep the job. Then, studying all this past week -- rather than take time off during my school's (job's) spring break. Tried to take a practice test last night and nothing made sense -- thought I had never seen half of it before-- on got a 38% on the CD REA version. Scared the bejeesis out of me. Decided to get a good night's sleep and took most of today off to be with family. Figured perhaps my brain needs time for it to sink in. :willynilly:

Will try reviewing the one I bombed and taking another practice test tomorrow, as it is the last day of my spring break and have to be back to work (and running) on Tuesday. Hopefully it will be better. ... banghead

Sayin' extra prayers for this one.
Hehe, which leads me to one of my favorite quotes -

As long as there are tests, there will be prayer in schools. ~Author Unknown
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Wile E. Coyote, genius. I am not selling anything nor am I working my way through college, so let's get down to basics: you are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away, I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are, and I am a genius, while you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten, so I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers.

Master of Education with a specialty in Rabbit-specific destructive munitions (or eLearning & Technology, I forget which)
Doctor of Philosophy in Wile E. Leadership with an area of specialty in Acme Mind Expansion - 2017 Hopefully
That's right up there with "There are no atheists in fox holes," which dates back to the First and Second World Wars. hilarious
TMW2010 Wrote:Six days to go until the April 2010 GRE Subject test date.

I'm still not feeling ready by any means. I'm actually taking vacation days Thursday & Friday with the idea of spending 10+ hours each day trying to absorb every final piece of information I can for the test.

Same here. I haven't studied as much as I had planned, so I'm going to take a final practice test tomorrow and decide to move forward or postpone based on the results. I took Friday off from work just in case.
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkBlue"]B.S., Biology, Excelsior College
[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Like you all, similar feelings, just not ready but I have decided to take the test and see what I do or do not know. A real test is still better than a practice one. They are offered again in October and November -- allowing more time to retake it.

I just will fill in the changes that you are allowed to, that is the bottom part of the "ticket" to enter the testing center -- to delete the transcript being sent to EC. Worse case scenario -- When I retake it, if I choose to retake it, then they will get a transcript showing both the first and second grade.

First practice test, as I said, scared me -- only 39%. Studied and took the second REA practice test and got a 49%. Tomorrow I will do the same thing, and hopefully again on Thursday. Friday will be just work and then a good night's sleep before hand and pray for the best results I can get.

Have to admit, these practice test have a lot of questions requiring names of people and what they developed or were associated with and that is always hard for me to remember -- I am not a names and dates person, which is the reason why I never went into history Confusedmilelol:

If it were just concepts, all would be okay.

Keep on working and moving forward anyway.
P0 -

I definitely know what you're going through... In fact, today, I started comparing the contents of the two books I'm using, the Kaplan (which I bought two copies of, the physical version and the Kindle version to use on my iPod Touch) & the PR Cracking the GRE.

While its about 1/2 as thick as the Kaplan book, the PR so far has so much more information than the Kaplan seems to have. In the Social Psychology section alone, the PR book seems to have a good 5 pages of info on topics & people that the Kaplan doesn't seem to have.

As a wrap up to my studying, I'm going through both books and highlighting all the important stuff in each section tonight. And then I'll review the highlighted stuff again tomorrow, over the course of the day, along with going over assorted notes, podcasts/videos, and psychwiki articles on the stuff I think I'm having the most trouble with.

Right now, I'm focusing on the subjects that have the most presence on the test: Social, Clinical, Research Methodology, Physiological, and Lifespan. Those 5 areas cover about 60% of the test, estimated to be 125ish questions. Not enough to get the 81st percentile by itself, but its a start. Once I'm happy where I am with that group, I'll spend the rest of tomorrow night catching up on the other areas.

Then time to wake up Saturday morning, eat some breakfast, review the notes, and head off to the testing center. At least I'll know where the testing center is when I go to retake the test in October... ROFL:ack:

Hi guys,

I just wanted to wish you tons of luck on Saturday. I decided to postpone until the fall. Without having much prep time left, I wasn't scoring as high as I would have liked on the practice tests. The hardest part for me was the time limit- 200 questions and 170 minutes. I was going way over my time. Are you having this problem?? I was never a fast test-taker to begin with. Some of the questions have short passages to read, some require calculations, and I was not comfortable working at a fast pace. If I had been able to study more in the preceding weeks, I'd be in better shape. Anyway, I will be rooting for you on Saturday!!!
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkBlue"]B.S., Biology, Excelsior College
[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
So, where did the rest of the thread go? :confused:
They had a boo-boo and had to reload the forum from a backup.
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Management 77[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro to Sociology 74[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Marketing 78[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications 75[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro to Psychology 80 [/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro Business Law 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics 73[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP A & I Lit 75[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Microeconomics 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Financial Accounting 62[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Ethics in America 468[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST MIS 482[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Natural Science 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Org Behavior 80[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Finance 462[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Next: ALEKS Jail (College Algebra) Going dark to finish[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduation Countdown, Looking for final push Kgaul 23 2,047 03-24-2017, 02:23 PM
Last Post: MD_AJIBULU
  6 month Countdown to my TESC BS of Homeland Security Doctor H 3 619 02-28-2013, 02:21 PM
Last Post: defscarlett