Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
German Study Help?
The CLEP Official Study Guide book shows that the full exam (including the listening portion) is multiple choice, they are a little tricky though:

For the example given in the book you will find the following as the breakdown, I would assume the breakdown remains the same but the number of questions may differ:
-9 questions of listening with only an A-D choice (no words/phrases next to the letter choices)
-13 questions of listening with A-D choices which list the words/phrases next to the answer choices
-9 questions which have a fill in the blank (A-D choice with words)
-9 questions which have fill in the blank in a paragraph (multiple choice A-D with words)
-19 questions which ask you to read a passage and answer questions

The good news is it looks like this test uses only A-D instead of A-E multiple choice like most other CLEP exams.

If you need a better idea then you might want to download (for a fee) the official study guide from collegeboard.org/clep or purchase the book "CLEP Official Study Guide" (roughly $24.99)
My completed "non-traditional" credits include 27 credits from CLEP, 30 credits from DSST, 6 credits from ALEKS, 19 credits from FEMA courses including PDS, 3 credits from NFA courses, 10 credits from ACE Workplace Training, 3 credits from a TESC TECEP exam, and 3 credits from a TESC PLA course.
Quote:The CBT format looks like this

A.
B.
C.
D.

I just picked up the Official Study guide today and I see what you said. It's good to visualize the format before the test, it looks like the letters per the answers won't even be verbalized or even highlighted during the reading of the answers. This seems unusually hard, even fluent people can lose focus! any person can.

This is just as I feared it would be, no time for reflection, thought or a brain fart if you don't get the statement for any reason. The fact that it's A through D(four choices) and not five (A through E) perhaps is a testament to how much harder it is. Also, completely ignore the percentages in the study guides, the questions are picked at random at the time of test.

What I'd really like to find is someone who is actually a non-native speaker of German, never lived there, who's actually passed the test. Based so far on my research, no such person exists, but I'm going to call some testing centers in my area Tuesday and see what they say in regards to test difficulty opinion. They are going to be the best source for feedback as they are administering the tests and talking to the students about their performance. I'll post my findings here then, as I'm sure a lot of people feel the German test is mysterious. Although I think the study guide's college board provides are not sufficient to study for the exam, and they state this explicitly in the book if you read it, they do give vital pictures and details about the exam and details and this is especially important with the foreign language test.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 435 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to Study Deetzin 3 272 03-12-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 756 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 378 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,117 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,350 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
  No study.com any more, and take crash course on coppersmith? qiaoyiren 10 2,341 04-12-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Crash Course's Study Hall quigongene 4 952 01-25-2023, 04:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study Together Validity + Benefits Stacie 0 426 07-26-2022, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Stacie
  Science plus lab alterantives for Study.com/StraighterLine echo64 6 1,080 06-18-2022, 01:27 PM