Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Credits Evaluated
Hi Guys, quick question. I am applying for a new job that requires 15 credits of Criminal Justice course work. I have those credits through SDC and SL, the only issue is that they are not evaluated by a college. I need to upload a transcript to show that I have taken the courses. Is there anyway of getting this done? I have not applied to any schools as I wanted to wait till I had more credits. The deadline to apply is the 23rd. They specifically say in the job posting that copy of your degree or college transcripts must be uploaded.
Ouch, good luck with your job hunting. This is my only suggestion as you will most likely not hit any schools that will give you a transcript by that specific time (sad but true). Two options that may make it in time...

Options, 1) Apply to a school (like TESU) and create an ACE account, then send all your ACE credits into the account, from SDC/SL, whatever other ACE providers you have, like the FREE credits (do them all, since it's FREE and worth college credit!) and get them to forward you a copy of your transcript.

Note: I don't think they'll do that for free, you have to pay $20 for the signup and they throw in a free transcript that way to one of the schools you apply to. All subsequent transcripts are $15.

Options, 2) Apply to Excelsior FREE as you have a few courses under SL & Study.com, send all your courses to them for evaluation, get the transcript service from them done for $42 (hopefully, it's $42 total, not per course!). The only draw back is, the evaluation time (gasp, ask them to get your transcript done ASAP and send you a copy of the evaluation)

Transcripts FAQ Link: https://www.excelsior.edu/about/contact/...d-records/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • suzycupcake
TESU will take a month minimum from application to evaluation (getting your transcripts onto your account). So I would skip them entirely.

You could try COSC or EC, I know they're much faster with evals.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I think I'd still send them to ACE - besides being a good safeguard in general, you CAN get a transcript from ACE, and that might work. It also might be a bit faster.
Yeah I already have an ACE account and have been banking all my credits there. I guess I will submit my ACE transcript, it can't hurt to try. Thank you for your help!
[-] The following 2 users Like kmj's post:
  • cookderosa, suzycupcake
I'm fairly sure that you won't be able to get transcripts from any of the Big3 unless you either enroll in a degree program or pay for credit banking. So, you're not likely to get them on a college transcript cheaply. If they will accept a printout from your online student account, you could get that just being an applicant, but not an official transcript.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(05-17-2019, 06:21 PM)davewill Wrote: I'm fairly sure that you won't be able to get transcripts from any of the Big3 unless you either enroll in a degree program or pay for credit banking. So, you're not likely to get them on a college transcript cheaply. If they will accept a printout from your online student account, you could get that just being an applicant, but not an official transcript.
If they apply and then sign up for one the TECEPs, that would work right? It would be cheaper than the Credit banking.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,722 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 585 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,194 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Salvaging FEMA credits CaughtInTheRye12 6 474 12-28-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 381 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Do extended level 6 diploma's from the UK get evaluated as Bachelor degrees in the US Pinko64 3 556 11-02-2023, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Pinko64
  Cheapest way to complete CS prerequisites (RA Credits)? therightstuff 18 1,788 11-01-2023, 02:13 AM
Last Post: therightstuff
Information 3 credits in quantitative reasoning for $39 (ACE) MNomadic 92 18,517 10-30-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  What if my Degree contains too many Transfered Credits from Sophia etc.? ecdw94 19 2,767 10-17-2023, 05:56 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  So... I Asked IU if they accept ACE credits, they do! elcastor21 21 1,647 09-26-2023, 12:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77