Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Rid of My Record at a School
Six months ago, I participated in a program where I was allowed to take one online course for free through a University. The problem was they had an extremely limited selection. The course I choose either wouldn't transfer or would only work as a free elective to every college I looked into. Upon realizing this, I had no use for this course. However, if I took a W I would have to pay the full tuition, so I stopped trying. I ended up getting a an F. It was the only course I ever took at that University.

I realized that now this grade is on my record. I applied to a school and had to send the transcripts from every University I attended. I realize this is kind of annoying to have a single course with an F grade that I'll always have send when someone requests transcripts.

Is there any way I have the school delete my data as if I never attended it? Anyone got anything to help me out.

EDIT: If anyone says you don't have send all transcripts. After I graduated from community college I applied to a University. I had taken one course at a second community college as well, but never send it to the University. I got an e-mail from the National Clearing House saying that I must send all transcripts in order to even be considered for acceptance.
And before anyone with ACE credit freaks out about all the transcripts they'll have to sent, this only applies to transcripts from colleges and universities.
Look into the school to see if they have an academic forgiveness program, but that would require retaking the course most likely (and most likely taking multiple courses to show good standing). Outside of that, you're sorta out of luck.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Don't worry about it. I have a W on my transcripts and a D-. Lots of people have stuff like that on their transcripts.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
(05-26-2019, 01:57 PM)udi Wrote: Don't worry about it. I have a W on my transcripts and a D-. Lots of people have stuff like that on their transcripts.

Yeah it's not that I have a W and a D on my community college transcript. I don't mind because I earned other credits at the college. It's not the grade that bothers me. It's the fact it is the ONLY grade.

It's just frustrating that my only grade on the transcript is a single F and now I have send this transcript every time I apply to any school or job or anywhere that asks for all my transcripts. It costs me money and takes time and seems unnecessary, but I have to. And courses at this University are expensive I'm not paying 2k more just to retake the class.
Aside from the hassle factor and cost, this is not a big deal, and I wouldn't worry about it much. I imagine that you won't be apply to dozens of colleges, maybe 1-2 for your BA and a few more several years down the road if you want a MA. So it's not like it will come up much in your life.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • natshar
Wait? Most people don't take courses at dozens of colleges?
[-] The following 9 users Like eriehiker's post:
  • alab21, allvia, cookderosa, Ideas, jsd, Life_One, Muldoon, natshar, quigongene
(05-26-2019, 03:27 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Aside from the hassle factor and cost, this is not a big deal, and I wouldn't worry about it much.  I imagine that you won't be apply to dozens of colleges, maybe 1-2 for your BA and a few more several years down the road if you want a MA.  So it's not like it will come up much in your life.

I know it's not a huge deal and I kind of knew this wasn't possible but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.
(05-26-2019, 03:51 PM)eriehiker Wrote: Wait?  Most people don't take courses at dozens of colleges?

I ONLY took courses at 5! Haha.

But I was saying she wouldn't APPLY at dozens, which would necessitate paying for that transcript dozens of times...
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-26-2019, 11:44 AM)natshar Wrote: Six months ago, I participated in a program where I was allowed to take one online course for free through a University. The problem was they had an extremely limited selection. The course I choose either wouldn't transfer or would only work as a free elective to every college I looked into. Upon realizing this, I had no use for this course. However, if I took a W I would have to pay the full tuition, so I stopped trying. I ended up getting a an F. It was the only course I ever took at that University.

I realized that now this grade is on my record. I applied to a school and had to send the transcripts from every University I attended. I realize this is kind of annoying to have a single course with an F grade that I'll always have send when someone requests transcripts.

Is there any way I have the school delete my data as if I never attended it? Anyone got anything to help me out.

EDIT: If anyone says you don't have send all transcripts. After I graduated from community college I applied to a University. I had taken one course at a second community college as well, but never send it to the University. I got an e-mail from the National Clearing House saying that I must send all transcripts in order to even be considered for acceptance.
And before anyone with ACE credit freaks out about all the transcripts they'll have to sent, this only applies to transcripts from colleges and universities.

It's annoying but there's no way to delete it. I have 2 transcripts with 1 class each, my son has one as well. It's fine.
(05-26-2019, 03:51 PM)eriehiker Wrote: Wait? Most people don't take courses at dozens of colleges?

You and I do.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,609 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 197 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 617 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Canada's Newest Medical School - Opening 2026 at SFU bjcheung77 1 320 11-01-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Brown Medical School withdraws from U.S. News rankings allvia 2 437 10-30-2023, 09:51 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How Technology Shapes Ideas - University of Chicago Graham School Charles Fout 0 256 09-15-2023, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  ACSOM - Caribbean Medical School (New!) bjcheung77 9 1,035 09-05-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  UK equivalent of high school diploma axa 8 4,007 09-01-2023, 08:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  High School online from the UK | 9 months, A Levels equivalent in the US elcastor21 7 587 08-26-2023, 01:01 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Need school like ASU Universal Learner Program aetosdios 8 1,280 08-08-2023, 10:58 AM
Last Post: MNomadic