Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghost Quiz on Study.com
So I am taking Introduction to Operating systems on Study.... I did all the quizzes except one (Lesson 5 - Job Scheduling in Operating Systems). This particular quiz doesn't exist. In the lesson, there is no Quiz tab. And when you look at the accordion view of the entire course, the hyperlink that says 'quiz' goes to a 404 not found. however... the course won't unlock the proctored exam because it insists there is one more quiz left to complete. i emailed tech support, we'll see if they respond in a timely manner this time... i really hope so because i wanted to take the final this weekend... anyone else have this problem on this course? weird!
(05-17-2019, 11:47 AM)saraholson Wrote: So I am taking Introduction to Operating systems on Study.... I did all the quizzes except one (Lesson 5 - Job Scheduling in Operating Systems). This particular quiz doesn't exist. In the lesson, there is no Quiz tab. And when you look at the accordion view of the entire course, the hyperlink that says 'quiz' goes to a 404 not found. however... the course won't unlock the proctored exam because it insists there is one more quiz left to complete. i emailed tech support, we'll see if they respond in a timely manner this time... i really hope so because i wanted to take the final this weekend... anyone else have this problem on this course? weird!

I had a similar problem with one of the first round of CS courses introduced by Study.com last fall. I don't recall which one but I took the course within a week of it becoming creditworthy. I couldn't get past a specific quiz in the web client after repeated tries but found I could do so using the mobile app. Once I figured that out I was able to complete the course and move onto my final exam.

Give that a shot and see if it helps.
In Progress: MBA in IT Management, Western Governors University (25/35cu | Sep 2019)
Up Next: Perhaps an MSCS or a DBA/DM/Ph.D.

Complete:
BSBA in Computer Information Systems, 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM in Computer Science, 2019, Thomas Edison State University

B&M CC: 8.68cr, TESU: 3cr, CLEP/DSST: 15cr, Study.com: 57cr, Straighterline: 19cr, ALEKS: 9cr, TEEX: 6cr, The Institutes: 2cr, Sophia: 2cr
(121.68 credits total. 95 credits earned in 10 months, with 45 of those earned in ~3 months)
@saraholson I had the same problem, like Merlin said its on the mobile app.
GRADUATE

Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (In Progress..)
MITx to ALM in ES: Management, Harvard University (Planned...2021)

UNDERGRAD

Sep 2019 Grad...

BA Computer Science, TESU
BA Liberal Studies, TESU
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  

SL (27 Cr): Eng Com I II, Ameri Gov, Reli, Nutri, Envi Sci, Cul Ant, Med Ter, IT Fund
Shmoop (18 Cr): Hist Tech, Hu Sex, Med Lit, Bible Lit, Prof Wrtng, E-Com
Sophia (11 Cr): Col Alg, Info Tech, Pub Speak, Effe Teams, Manag Con
TEEX (5 Cr): Cyb Ever, IT Prof, Info Risk Man  Aleks (9 Cr): Beg. Alg, Inter. Alg, Trig
ED4Credit (3 Cr): Man Info Sys   CPCU (2 Cr): Ethics
TESU (4 Cr): Corner, Capstone  Study.com (39 Cr): Pres. Skills, C Prog, Disc Math, Comp Arch, Op Sys, DB Man, Sys Analy, Calc I, Forensic Sci, Geometry, Intro Prog, Data Str
B&M (46 Cr)

(05-17-2019, 11:47 AM)saraholson Wrote: So I am taking Introduction to Operating systems on Study.... I did all the quizzes except one (Lesson 5 - Job Scheduling in Operating Systems). This particular quiz doesn't exist. In the lesson, there is no Quiz tab. And when you look at the accordion view of the entire course, the hyperlink that says 'quiz' goes to a 404 not found. however... the course won't unlock the proctored exam because it insists there is one more quiz left to complete. i emailed tech support, we'll see if they respond in a timely manner this time... i really hope so because i wanted to take the final this weekend... anyone else have this problem on this course? weird!

We actually had a somewhat similar issue.  My boys were taking their US History course.  They had finished every quiz and were ready to take the final. They even received the email saying:  Congratulations on completing the course! (We had the Premium Account) All of a sudden there were 8 more lessons and quizzes to complete.  So they completed those and the next day there were 2 more.  The next day even more.  I finally got an answer from Study that they were currently updating their courses as per ACE recommendations.  We just happened to be caught during the update.  We did have to wait and complete all quizzes.  Took about 4 additional days.  We were so close to the end of the subscription that Study agreed to extend our membership for a week.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 13 yo boys

US History I-Study
Ethics in America-Study
Environmental Science-Study
Presentation Skills-Study

Planning for a BS in Gen Studies with IT concentration at Charter Oak

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sending Study.com Transcripts on a Paused Account natshar 5 70 2 hours ago
Last Post: cookderosa
  How is Study.com? abs_co 8 107 9 hours ago
Last Post: TwinMom
  Basic question about Study.com, Saylor.org, Shmoop, and other ACE credits services cecilgambe7 6 117 9 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  modern states courses and Saylor tests or study.com? gingermama 6 131 Yesterday, 05:13 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Update to Study.com courses from May 2019 dfrecore 0 58 Yesterday, 05:07 PM
  New Study.com courses (5/16/19) dfrecore 111 6,737 Yesterday, 05:05 PM
  Study.com number of proctored exams per month? AwardTour 3 113 Yesterday, 04:07 AM
  Study.com makes approved provider kevro64 3 264 07-16-2019, 08:26 PM
Last Post: Supermind
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 148 67,572 07-15-2019, 09:17 PM
Last Post: mysonx3
  Study.com Final dblchills 5 176 07-14-2019, 04:15 PM
Last Post: suzycupcake