Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giving up on TEEX for now
(05-18-2018, 06:35 AM)cookderosa Wrote: EDIT TO ADD:  if ever, in my life, I have any responsibility for any kind of online training:  never, never, never, will I create a slide that requires clicking inside - that then requires clicking inside- and then again- to open these sub-pages and topics inside of pages.  That was unbearable.

Yes it's insufferable!!!! I was copy/pasting them into a word document so I could read it without being quite as annoyed, but then I ran into a problem where they have them in running in flash with copy/paste disabled. Not sure how to easily get around that.  Angry Angry Angry
Once I return home next week I will have 8 or 9 days before the TEEX Cybersecurity end date is reached. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they extend it. My question is if an average person has 8 or 9 full days 10 to 12 hours or more per day uninterrupted would that be enough time to complete 101, 201 & 301???

I know everyone is different and blah blah blah, I would just appreciate a guesstimate on how realistic it would be to complete all 3 with that amount of time? Thanks.
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
You could definitely finish the first one just fine. I would shoot for that first, then based on how long it took you, decide if you have time for 1 or 2 more. If you really dedicated yourself over that 8-9 days I think it is reasonable to try and finish all 3.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 2 users Like MNomadic's post:
  • AwardTour, cookderosa
(05-18-2018, 07:47 PM)AwardTour Wrote: Once I return home next week I will have 8 or 9 days before the TEEX Cybersecurity end date is reached. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they extend it. My question is if an average person has 8 or 9 full days 10 to 12 hours or more per day uninterrupted would that be enough time to complete 101, 201 & 301???

I know everyone is different and blah blah blah, I would just appreciate a guesstimate on how realistic it would be to complete all 3 with that amount of time? Thanks.

I can't imagine spending 8-9 days, 10-12 hours per day doing these courses!  OMG, that's crazy.  They are each only 2cr.  You would do much better to spend that time studying for an exam, or taking a SL or Study.com course - you could probably get about 12-24cr in that amount of time using one of those methods (especially if you chose an area that you already knew a lot about, or chose courses/exams with a lot of overlapping info).

I think your time is MUCH better spent elsewhere.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
It's going to be different for every person. To me, I can't comprehend everyone's complaints about them. I was able to fly through them. My biggest complaint on some modules was that I couldn't just click next, I'd sometimes have to click links inside the module before I could click next. There were very few items that I didn't know already. I spent my breaks at work just clicking through so I could get to the tests.
(05-18-2018, 11:34 PM)xjarhead1999 Wrote: It's going to be different for every person. To me, I can't comprehend everyone's complaints about them. I was able to fly through them. My biggest complaint on some modules was that I couldn't just click next, I'd sometimes have to click links inside the module before I could click next. There were very few items that I didn't know already. I spent my breaks at work just clicking through so I could get to the tests.

For those that are already in the know, I think your time might be better spent doing other courses that would work better towards your degree (if you're going for IT for instance, these aren't going to get you much credit; if you're going for a BSBA in CIS, there are better courses that you can use towards the AOS that are UL and more credits).

For those that don't already know the info, it's a lot to take in, and time-consuming.

Obviously they are free, but for credits that go into your Free Electives, I just don't see the point in spending a lot of time.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Hi. Do you have recommendations for courses to use in the BSBA CIS?
Yes. I would love to do the CIS AOS that uses better/more UL credits.
I have been debating taking that AOS or not. Thanks
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
(05-19-2018, 12:31 AM)Lewis.Yim Wrote: Hi. Do you have recommendations for courses to use in the BSBA CIS?  
Yes. I would love to do the CIS AOS that uses better/more UL credits.
I have been debating taking that AOS or not. Thanks

I'm not 100% sure of all of the AOS courses, but it's just from what people on here have reported.  If I were going to do the CIS concentration, I would get all courses pre-approved by TESU before doing any of them.  That being said, there are plenty of choices, so you can definitely do the concentration through alternative methods.

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESU BSBA CIS.xlsx (Size: 60.31 KB / Downloads: 8)
(05-18-2018, 07:47 PM)AwardTour Wrote: Once I return home next week I will have 8 or 9 days before the TEEX Cybersecurity end date is reached. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they extend it. My question is if an average person has 8 or 9 full days 10 to 12 hours or more per day uninterrupted would that be enough time to complete 101, 201 & 301???

IMO Yes, if you power through and play the odds (as opposed to trying to learn all the content)

I gave a good effort in the beginning, but I had to force myself to finish. If you want to check the box, here's what I did, that I believe is totally ethical and does not require you to go to the cheating website mentioned in this thread:

Each module has a pre-test that gives you your first set of questions from the test bank. Copy those into Word. Then, you have 5 chances to pass the post-test with 70% or higher. Each attempt can be copied into Word. You will find recycled questions, and I do think you'll have no trouble hitting 70% in 1-2 attempts on the posttest. Your tests will be graded, so you'll get to see right/wrong answers. Even when you miss a question, you've eliminated one of the options, thus upping your guesstimate chances. But, you have 5 chances per, so assuming worst-case and you don't pass, simply email them and they will reset the module. My son had to do that a couple times, but he wasn't saving his test bank questions. (you know, learning and all)

Allow 45-1 hour per module to be conservative. Figure roughly 15-18 modules per 2 credits.

EDIT to add: listen, sometimes people have time, sometimes people have money. This one costs time.
(05-18-2018, 11:12 AM)dfrecore Wrote: You should always think about maximizing your time as well as your money. If your time could be better spent doing a different course that matters more to you...

I just think sometimes free isn't always worth it.

Paraphrasing former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, it's free only if your time is worth nothing.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
[-] The following 1 user Likes clep3705's post:
  • sarg123

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  KFC giving 100% tution coverage for employees elcastor21 1 366 09-05-2023, 06:37 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Anyone else having issues accessing TEEX lessons? delightfulwilderness 2 578 10-26-2021, 09:54 AM
Last Post: delightfulwilderness
  HELP! with TEEX to TESU please Lydclrk 9 1,900 02-01-2021, 10:24 PM
Last Post: Seagull
  TEEX - Did I do it wrong? rachel83az 6 1,129 10-29-2020, 03:41 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TEEX - Cyber Security for IT Professionals ?? nomaduser 5 1,199 08-18-2020, 07:00 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  Questions about TEEX’s Death Investigation course Michelle779 3 1,708 06-23-2020, 10:49 AM
Last Post: ctcarl
  TEEX Upper Levels? Clepper43 2 1,097 04-30-2020, 01:41 PM
  TEEX Cyber courses are back with more credits rvm 152 28,024 03-04-2020, 04:05 AM
Last Post: cwendy111
  Cyber security TEEX question EI2HCB 4 1,553 01-14-2020, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Raftingdon2
  TEEX also has new cheap online forensics/law enforcement courses MNomadic 67 15,723 09-09-2019, 03:15 PM