Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google ACE
Contact Credly support about the missing ACE endorsement on that badge. They should eventually fix it.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
(11-12-2021, 10:30 AM)speedrunner Wrote: A word of caution to anyone who is looking to use these for college credits.

I've completed the "Google Project Management Certificate", and received a useless Credly badge.

There are two variants on credly.com:
- https://www.credly.com/org/coursera/badg...ertificate
- https://www.credly.com/org/coursera/badg...tificate.1

The first one has the ACE endorsement, and the second does not. Because of this, PUG did not give me any credits for it. I've tried contacting Coursera support, but they've just gaslighted me.

As mentioned, contact Credly. It may take some back and forth between Credly and/or Coursera, but they should eventually fix it. I think I ran into a similar problem getting my Google IT Support credits onto my ACE transcripts (before they switched to Credly).
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(11-12-2021, 01:24 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(11-12-2021, 10:30 AM)speedrunner Wrote: A word of caution to anyone who is looking to use these for college credits.

I've completed the "Google Project Management Certificate", and received a useless Credly badge.

There are two variants on credly.com:
- https://www.credly.com/org/coursera/badg...ertificate
- https://www.credly.com/org/coursera/badg...tificate.1

The first one has the ACE endorsement, and the second does not. Because of this, PUG did not give me any credits for it. I've tried contacting Coursera support, but they've just gaslighted me.

As mentioned, contact Credly. It may take some back and forth between Credly and/or Coursera, but they should eventually fix it. I think I ran into a similar problem getting my Google IT Support credits onto my ACE transcripts (before they switched to Credly).

I wouldn't hold my breath.  I went back and forth with them (Credly and Coursera) for months to get it added to my Credly account and after months I did get it on my Credly account.  No ACE endorsement though.  It didn't matter much for me because I had it on an old ACE transcript and the schools already had my original ACE transcripts but no one was of much help but Coursera was the one that ultimately issued the badges.

Funny thing they also gave me an extra badge.  I got the Google/CompTIA dual credential and never took the CompTIA test.  No ACE credits on Credly though.
You know something? I just checked and it looks like my Google it support badge along with some of my other badges that are supposed to have ACE credit, don't actually reflect the ace endorsement either. There might be something really wrong with their system. It doesn't really affect me because I already transferred everything I needed for my undergrad but I'm going to look into this further.

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
(11-13-2021, 03:22 PM)MNomadic Wrote: You know something? I just checked and it looks like my Google it support badge along with some of my other badges that are supposed to have ACE credit, don't actually reflect the ace endorsement either. There might be something really wrong with their system. It doesn't really affect me because I already transferred everything I needed for my undergrad but I'm going to look into this further.

Not sure if I just wasn't looking close enough before but I checked again today after also sending myself a transcript preview and all my badges that are supposed to reflect ACE endorsement do. 
I do see that for some reason Coursera's Credly listings show 2 sets of Google badges:

With ACE:
https://www.credly.com/org/coursera/badg...tificate.2

Without ACE:
https://www.credly.com/org/coursera/badg...tificate.1

The newer ones reflect ACE. I'm guessing someone was just being lazy and instead of updating the old listings, they added new badges. The listings are otherwise identical. If someone is affected by this(or may potentially be if they intend to pursue these badges for ACE credit), I suggest they reach out to Credly to get them to fix it.

By the way: I recommend people send themselves copies of their credly/ace transcript to preview them and make sure they are correct before sending them to colleges.

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
CSM(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • Pikachu
It's probably because if you earned the certificate before the ACE approval, you shouldn't get credit. So it makes sense. It's just that they should give everyone else the ACE badges.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I was planning on very soon doing the Google IT Support Professional cert.

Any tips on how to get through this as fast as possible?  I did find a Quizlet on it.

I like to get through the entire course in one week or preferably 1-3 days.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
If you have the energy/time, say a few hours a day (such as 5/6), you should be able to complete that in 7 days for those who are in IT or have some months experience in IT. A few members have completed this in roughly 7 days as they have no commitments thus plenty of time to focus and work on one of these Google certs...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • LevelUP, Pikachu
If you're not already quite familiar with the material, I'm not sure you can get through it in 1-3 days. Even 1 week is pushing it. The things I remember most from the certificate are the emphasis on binary near the beginning and then on knowing the different network layers. Most of the rest is (relatively) easy, but still challenging if you're not familiar with the concepts in question.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • LevelUP, Pikachu
If I remember correctly, when I did Google IT Support Professional, you had 3 tries per day on the tests. So if you keep blowing through those limited attempts(without learning the material), you'll have a hard time finishing quickly. So if you already have good knowledge on the subject, you could start blowing through the tests on day 1 and study your failed tests to finish them up on the next few days.

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
CSM(3cr)
[-] The following 2 users Like MNomadic's post:
  • LevelUP, Pikachu

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Review: Coursera Google UX Design Certificate nyjosh 4 2,617 02-26-2024, 04:30 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 8 1,083 02-02-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: lynnii2
Question Google IT Support Certificate Renewed Chankosumo 38 5,848 10-25-2023, 12:31 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Did my first ever final exam on Study.com. Realized Google Chrome was still minimized Tyranova 2 808 08-13-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: Tyranova
  Google has released 10 free courses to master AI LevelUP 2 1,049 08-12-2023, 03:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Google Digital Marketing and E Commerce Professional Certificate now now ACE MNomadic 19 6,013 08-11-2023, 05:36 PM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  New Google Cybersecurity Professional Certificate LevelUP 5 1,403 06-15-2023, 12:32 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Google IT Support - course question and ACE rvm 2 950 01-29-2023, 05:08 PM
Last Post: rvm
  Google IT Badge revoked ReyMysterioso 5 2,144 01-29-2023, 07:50 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
Information Free 6 Month Subscription to Coursera Google, Facebook, & IBM, It Certs Experience LevelUP 22 4,614 11-22-2022, 08:25 PM
Last Post: scottlefoll