Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grad Schools That Accept NA Credit
I want to enroll in University of The People's tuition free MBA - my plan's to take a few courses & transfer out and was wondering which non profit and/or public state universities accept DEAC accreditation (I know for profits will take NA credits right off the bat).
harrypotter Wrote:(I know for profits will take NA credits right off the bat).

Many non-profits don't even accept NA if they themselves are RA.

harrypotter Wrote:I want to enroll in University of The People's tuition free MBA and was wondering which non profit and/or public state universities accept DEAC accreditation

I don't quite understand what you're trying to do. Take a few MBA courses at UotP and then transfer those to an RA program to complete the degree?
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Oops, sorry forgot to mention the reason, yeah that's what I plan to do.
Many grad programs don't accept any transfer credit at all, and the ones that do usually only accept around 6 credits max.

With UotP grad courses only costing $200 per course, I suppose it's not a bad idea to get a couple courses in to transfer, but the immobility of NA credits, along with UotP being on a cohort system where you have to take specific classes at specific times makes this not an ideal process.

If you can find a way to make it work for you, it's a neat idea, but I think it'll be a rough go.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

@jsd - Getting a return on this value play is hard. UOPeople x$200 per course cost is awesome. There are a few NA graduate transfer options in RA schools like Liberty University & Walden University but then the cost these Universities are WAY more per course than a value online MBA/Masters like WGU, Patten (best speed options) & Amberton University (best flexible graduate transfer option / 12 credits from any RA credits source).

Where UOPeople comes into play is for those not into rushing and more interested in a university accepting an NA masters entry for their PHD program. Not many options but there could be some significant cost value in this play. However, at 4k+ for an MBA at UOPeople, the usability of the degree vs available options just does not add up in UOPoeple's favor. The school overall is fascinating with their overall purpose and I look forward to some serious talent coming out of their programs aiding in school awareness over the years.

Highjacked this initial post question a little, thanks for hanging around Wink
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
NA grad school is a different discussion than NA undergrad. In short, there are a TON of valid reasons to pursue an NA graduate degree, especially in business.

JSD hit the nail on the head.
there's no transfer in grad school - (spoken in my best Tom Hank's voice) if you're in a field that is fine with an NA MBA, then go to UotP (assuming you can get in) but if you WANT or NEED an RA MBA, that's where you should spend your time and energy.

The way people build degrees here only works at the undergraduate level.

BUT since you asked, you can do what you're asking within the APUS system. They have 2 identical colleges: American Public University and American Military University. They used to be NA and RA, they were the only college that went on record as permitting you to launder NA credit into an RA degree. Now they are only RA, but think they still may allow NA transfer.
Yes AMU will take NA credits and 50% toward a graduate degree.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
I like your plan btw.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
Quick note, since OP was looking for non-profits, AMU/APU is for-profit (if that is important to you).

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

harrypotter Wrote:I want to enroll in University of The People's tuition free MBA - my plan's to take a few courses & transfer out and was wondering which non profit and/or public state universities accept DEAC accreditation (I know for profits will take NA credits right off the bat).

These courses offered by UOTP are a bit difficult to transfer to another university, and even harder if you transfer to an RA.
My recommendation if you need to go a similar route is to complete the MBA at Patten, if you can in 4 months for $2 grand.
If time is not an issue and you have a bigger wallet, ~$3500/6 months at WGU, some people have finished either in 4 months.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does WES USA accept MBA from UCAM? soulblader 11 319 03-26-2024, 10:05 AM
Last Post: Thorne
  Discerning dubious from legit foreign schools rachel83az 19 4,657 03-14-2024, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Ebbwvale
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 548 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 65 15,176 03-06-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  List of free graduate credit udi 15 7,614 01-26-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Transferring graduate credit from UofPeople Quackerz 8 649 01-16-2024, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
Thumbs Up Will graduate schools in the United States and abroad accept an online college degree shoron 47 6,541 01-15-2024, 11:18 PM
  Universities that accept ects from titulo propio Sdmj33 25 6,920 01-11-2024, 01:01 AM
  Article bashes Harvard Extension ALM Grad smartdegree 50 8,274 12-25-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: posabsolute
  European Grad Studies Abroad: Cost of Living vs Low Tuition Fees bjcheung77 7 1,409 12-23-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: nykorn